Thursday, February 25, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 26Feb2016: my Heart card is the resplendent XXI The Crown of the Magicians (The World) while the Feather of Truth has decided to ride with his brothers on the wings of XIV The Two Urns (Temperance.) (Today’s deck, which you already intimately know like an old and discarded lover, is the *Ibis Tarot* by Josef Machynka. Better to discard a lover than this deck, which is worth its weight in gold. If you can find a copy, buy it, I don’t care if you have to sell your children.) Well! Today’s draw is one of those two MA card lollipops that sometimes show up on the cloth, and that I, personally, find so unhelpful. People rarely need to be told that things are going really well, they know that. They want to know where the possible catch points are and how to deal with them. Well, me, too. Don’t get me wrong; it is delightful when a hand like this shows up 1st thing in the morning and tells you, “Well, your Heart AND the Feather of Truth BOTH are well-seated and disposed today, the psychic weather is spectacularly spring-like, the Ain Soph ‘personally’ (ha-ha!) sent a message appointing you vice-regent of the Universe, etc. I like feeling the smile on my face, like anyone else. But if anything is true in this draw, it is the “slave behind Caesar” quality of the cards if you really look at them. The Heart, center-ring, living, beating Glory occupying the stage, XXI leaves little to no room for contradiction or even “wiggle” – everything IS perfect, dammit! LOL, okay, so it’s not quite that black & white or dictatorial, but you know what I mean.
 Here the Truth is in XIV, the Two Urns, or Temperance, spreading (by wing this time) the eternal message, “Moderation, Jack, moderation.” The Caesar anecdote has the “biga” (trusted gladiator) whispering in his ear during his triumphal entries, “Memento mori, sic transit Gloria mundi.” (NB: that is a conflation.) Let’s look at their bones quickly, shall we? For the XXI, The Crown of the Magicians - AKA the Universe – is on the Path of Tau, 32 in the Tree of Life. (Neptune as cosmic omniscience and Pluto as central power of creation) Its planet is Saturn, and its Path leads from Malkuth to Yesod by the power of Earth. “The Universe as the end and completion of the Major Arcana is the symbol for the zenith of development - the achieved goal. The work is done or will soon be and we have found our place in life or will soon do so.” (Raven) And XIV, The Two Urns – AKA Temperance/Art – is on the Path of Samekh, 25 in the Tree of Life, leading from Yesod to Tiphareth on a tongue of Fire. Astrologically in Sagittarius, there is Mercury in the 6th House. The Urns are “. . . the symbol for the right mixture, the perfect balance, standing for harmony, beauty and peace. But the trump can also show that sides that were previously ignored should be lived out and that contrasts should be put together to enrich the inner spectrum with new perspectives. From a personal (alchemical) view the 'solve et coagula' can mean that there is a need to leave a fixed position, to retire, watch and then go back again to combine on a new basis.” (Raven) I’m pulling lots and lots of threads together now, at this point in life? I find the warp & woof of my weave becoming much more complex, colorful and demanding of ALL my attention. The Urns’ message is well-placed, because when things this complex really are going this well (more or less, let’s be real!) then I can easily give birth to an egg of Hubris in my Heart, and that is exactly what the XIV warns against, “Easy, Mark, it’s okay to feel good, but don’t believe that bullshit about vice-regent of the Universe, OK, pal?” LOL. It’s amazing how quickly I can forget that I am merely a man, “memento mori.” Not that I really do, but poetic license, you know . . . . I WAS noticing a better balance between my emotions and my intellect the other night when speaking to a young man about a recent experience. To make a long story short, he had his cards read (by me) shortly before things went wildly haywire for the guy and he ended up in a psychiatric unit for a few days to find his sea-legs again. As of last night, he didn’t want to read the cards again, as they “had declenched” the previous experience. They hadn’t, of course, but I understood his feelings, I really did; and no amount of blahblah or yakyak on my part was going to help, in fact it might make it worse, so I just gently reminded him that, “of course,” the cards weren’t “to blame,” they had just reflected his confusion at the time. I am sure he will work his way back to the cards, I’ve noticed too much of a marked interest in the Marseille deck & style of reading in the young man for him to simply drop it. I recount the story because I notice that there has been a very slow but steady increase in the number of people tentatively reaching out to the Tarot for advice. I would like to think that I do my bit, personally, for Tarot by representing it to the best of my abilities in my local community, and if that confers a “good vibe” on Tarot locally, all the better. I just need to remember that XXI isn’t about down here; it is about my spiritual growth and realization, and my half-fish half-bird transformation into a soul on its flight to the Divine. In the meantime, while I need to keep my feathers clean with the waters of the urns, I can’t let my wings become waterlogged and unable to fly, paralyzed by doubt. Step forward and claim your progress, Mark. You need to in order to continue. My wish for us ALL today is that our Hearts are open to the blessings of the Cosmos that fall upon us like rain!    



No comments:

Post a Comment