Monday, February 29, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 29Feb2016: today my heart is represented by the 6 of Wands and the Feather of Truth is frolicking in the clouds of IV the Emperor’s symbolic hair/aura.  (*Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christina Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers.) I like today’s reading, it is a kindly disposed Dutch uncle telling me, “Yes, it was all fun and fête last night, wasn’t it? Well, I’m glad you had a good time, but let’s get back to the business of running the Empire, eh?”  As my Heart; the 6 of Wands is not just simple “diplomatic consensus,” it is at its heart much more about building community. You have to assemble a consensus and ride herd on ALL the parties involved to keep them from quarreling & upsetting your hard-won and carefully planned alliance. This is a card of combining binaries. Lion/Eagle, Sun/Moon, Jupiter/Mercury, Mars/Venus and the Moon/Saturn: all dualities to be combined and transformed to a higher state of being, of essence. YOU are the combining agent, you are the chemical that bonds these varying molecules together, and you have to keep it that way for any of your designs to work. I’m saying You, I’m meaning Me. I DID have a good time, in retrospect, at last night’s Tarot Town meeting, fine, now move on, move forward, get your shift together and remember that as IV the Emperor you have an empire to run. Back to work, mule! 
This 4, so solid that entire worlds are built on it, is YOUR/MY responsibility; I need to make sure everybody eats before I do, that all live in peace & harmony at whatever personal price to me. On the other hand, my personal life becomes the very real history of the peoples and the lands under my dominion. Thus me and my relation to every single element in my construct; as Mrs. Payne-Towler states, “You are First among equals and Last among equals.” You inaugurate the victory parade, that is true, but you also have to follow the parade to sweep up the elephant shit. The emperor brooks NO shit from any person; “You WILL run smoothly and function appropriately in my empire, or I’ll have your head & reproductive glands on a platter!”  To tell the absolute truth, I’m more than a bit like that anyway in my daily, “real” life. Grin. My wife makes a great Empress, though, making sure my head doesn’t become too swollen for the imperial diadem! LOL.  I suppose I “should” give you the associated “bones,” it really DOES help, you know! Okay, the 6 of Wands, AKA Victory, sits in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life, arrive on a tongue of Flame (Fire.) In astrology, it is Jupiter in the 1st decan of Leo, ruled by the Sun. (BTW, knowledge of angelic beings and where, why and how they are distributed amongst the Tarot has many sources (amongst which Mrs. Payne-Towler as well; she gives the information in her accompanying book. I find it a fascinating subject, but not of much practical use to me as I’m not practicing that genre of magic.) “The crisis of the Five of Wands is overcome; the lesson was learned and has turned into a victory. . . The Six of Wands shows that all the past troubles and disruptions have been necessary to grow and develop, and the victory we have now is more than just a gain by lucky chance. We have deserved it.” (Raven)  Yes . . . well, Harrumph . . . that’s a bit grand for a description of where my Heart is this morning, but yeah, I get the drift. And really, I DID have fun, but today IS about IV the Emperor, about putting my shoulder to the grindstone again and getting on with the business of not only keeping the machine on the right track but making improvements while “en route!” Graced by a fortunate combination of circumstance, the grindstone to which I “put my shoulder” moves easily in a well-oiled track. His bones are thus: He is the Sun in Capricorn, and Aries in the Zodiac, standing for responsibility, order, continuity. On the Tree of life he treads the axis Netzach – Yesod on a breath of Fire. His number, 4, is physical reality & basic structure. “He is the abstraction of establishment, its stability and security.” (Raven) Neatly put!  He further adds, “In a more personal view, the Emperor might stand for a time of stability and structure, linear thinking and discipline. [Although] we can't live without it, too many of those attributes will only lead to rational despotism and mental poverty.” So, get your little world back in order, fella, and truck on down the track of Today.” There is, however, one little zinger that last night gave to me, personally; this morning, I was aware that the Goddess was just a bit closer to the fires of my Heart, feeling more comfortable in front of the hearth. That was my gift from last night, and I’m delighted to have it. May the Cosmos bless us ALL today with Life, Health & Prosperity, to the greater good of all!    




No comments:

Post a Comment