Friday, February 5, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 06Fab2016: my Heart is in the 9 of Cups and the Feather of Truth is shaking her quill over at XX the Aeon. Initially, I wasn’t going to do this. I drew the cards all right, and as you can see there is nothing shocking in the draw, but when I sat down to blog it I just couldn’t get into it, I couldn’t do it, the spark wasn’t there. So, no blog today, I thought. I went back to bed, and just arose again, now at 7 a.m. (more reasonable) and feel perfectly fine about blogging today. (In case you don’t remember or didn’t know, these are copies of my Tarot blog entries over at The Fool’s Tarot, my blog [http://thefoolstarot.blogspot.fr ] [TP member #901].) At any rate, I’m starting off my day in a happy state of being & mind. Which happens to be true – I am much cheerier since finding my Muse present & ready for work. Perhaps 4 a.m. WAS a bit early to be asking her to be about her job, eh? (Today’s deck is *The Rosetta Tarot* by M. M. Melleen. I have waxed full-blown poetic about this deck before, so will spare you now, but if you are at ALL serious about your Thoth/Golden Dawn Tarot systemology, then you MUST have this deck. It’s a wonder!) The 9 of Cups is such a cheery card, and I really like not only this card but the image that autopops into my head when I think 9 of Cups is Erik C; Dunne’s self-satisfied little prince standing theatrically under a baldachin of 9 chalices and in front of a throne draped with cloth-of-gold brocade. He is SO smarmy! I just want to bitchslap him, you know? And that, in general, is how I feel about people who present themselves as the “RIGHTFUL inheritors” of Happiness. How many people do we know that think Happiness is a place, a goal, something to be attained? They have no idea it is a process, not a static thing, and comes from the journeying itself, not sitting back on one’s fat ass and gloating that you’ve finished. The 9 of Cup’s/Happiness’ bones are: He is sitting in Yesod in the Tree of Life, arriving on the Water. In astrology, he is Jupiter in the 2nd decan of Pisces. “With Yesod - reflection and imagination - inside of the perfect harmony of the Nine, the Nine of Cups has returned to the middle column of the Tree of Life, enlightened by the beauty of Tiphareth that resides above and just one step from Malkuth as its root and origin, the completion of the journey. Nothing serves the waters of Briah better than the seas of Yesod, so the card shows perfect harmony and fulfilment in any emotional matter.” (Raven) Ah, you mocking psychopomp! Perfect happiness & fulfillment, as we float on marshmallow clouds through a cotton-candy sky wiping Nutella off of our nethercheeks. Oh yeah, that’s me alright, I’m there . . . NOT. That isn’t how I see Happiness, but more on that another day. Suffice it to say here that I’ll take my Happiness today MY way, thank you. Which, understandably enough (to me,) leads me/us to XX The Aeon. I LOVE XX, always have. 

The righteous joy of being chosen to go to heaven, the snickering mockery and Hollywood-horror-faces of those going to Hell and the GOOD feeling you have that they are being punished, and you’re not, and you feel a frisson of excitement, and then an erection starts, and . . . OH damn! In the other line! Shit!! LOL. No, no, I’m perverse, but not THAT perverse, I take no pleasure in others’ pain, I am not a sadist. But here, (Judgement)/The Aeon is making an appearance as the Feather of Truth AND as my old friend. I LIKE XX, a lot, I always have.  Here he’s given a slight twist with the fiery phoenix, but I can grok that with a beat, I’m all Fire sign by preference & chance with a dash of this & that for spice. First, let’s get XX’s bones out of the way: He perches on the Path of Shin, 31 in the Tree of Life. Jupiter and Saturn in Aquarius as symbols of liberation and redemption are his representations in the Zodiac. His element is, of course! Fire. He travels from Malkuth to Hod. 20 is also the number of Destiny.  “The Aeon is the trump of time and the changes dictated by the times, it addresses finality and destruction as well as liberation, hope and redemption. The Aeon is the symbol for the Rise of the Phoenix; it stands for a time of insight, the true understanding of the circle of life, of growing and fading. The card tells us that we should leave our 'frog perspective' and watch the things from a higher level, that the time has come to face the new, that we need a good overview to build our 'Utopia'. Although trump XX indeed does imply a judgement, it would be inappropriate to restrict this meaning with such a superstitious simplification.” (Raven & myself)  Amen to that. I have NEVER seen XX, Judgement OR Aeon, as representing some sort of cosmic “settling up & paying the bill.” Hell, I’m paying my bill NOW, by living through and experiencing the small but constant defeats of age. Yeah, yeah, don’t blow smoke up my ass about it’s only a number, tell that to my arthritis. LOL. Nah, I see XX MUCH bigger and clearer than that, and not really Armageddon-ish at all. It is simply your graduation exam, if you like, but it isn’t even an exam. It is more a . . . “realization,” that when one is able to make it, one knows success, because success in passing through is the only success. So, onwards and upwards, soon-to-be-enlightened-wannabes, me included! May we profit and take pleasure today in the countless and magnificent blessings of the Cosmos!    

1 comment:

  1. Nice information about Tarot Prediction.....A renowned Tarot Card Reader of India, Dr. Himani J, discovered time calculation technique using Tarot to get the idea about time of incident.

    ReplyDelete