Monday, February 1, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 02Feb2016: the 8 of Cups is representing my Heart and to represent the Feather of Truth we have the 9 of Wands. (Today’s deck is the *Hermetic Tarot* by Godfrey Dowson.) I am going to be quick & speedy today; I have a much bigger tarot project I am preparing to put up on the board later today, so I wish to get on with it. BRIEFLY, and to the point, the 8’s bones are thus: 8 of Cups (Indolence [Thoth], Lord of Abandoned Success [GD]) sitting in Hod having arrived via Water. In astrology he is Saturn in the 1st decan of Pisces. “The Eight of Cups has driven the debauch of the Seven to absolute excess, the delusions have lost all attraction and all that's left is frustration. The sequence of the numbers has reached Hod, calling for structure and logic, but the emotional waters of Briah cannot be happy with this call and remain in dumb resignation.” (Raven) Well, the message is, I’ve escaped, but just, and with none of my illusions intact. (To tell you the truth, I didn’t know I had any left.) My Heart isn’t happy right now, says the card, but resigned to those two last cups and what they contain. All according to the card – my Heart doesn’t feel like that now, and hope it doesn’t today. That’s a downer! There may be a point I’m missing; if so, I’ll pick it up on the rebound. The Feather of Truth today is holding court in the 9 of Wands, a good-omened card, the Lord of Great Strength (GD),or Strength (Thoth.)  His bones are good, too: he’s in Yesod in the Tree of Life, having flown in on Fire. In astrology he is the Moon in the 2nd decan of Sagittarius. “Now the fiery Wands have reached the happy Nine, the number that reflects on itself, entering the fields of Yesod - imagination and reflection back in the middle of the Tree of Life. Thus the Nine of Wands remembers its own qualities, showing the full powers of the fiery element rising again. So the card shows strength, determination and discipline, preparing itself for the final step to completion.” (Raven)  Ω Μαύρο Oracle ! Σας ευχαριστούμε για τη συμβολή σας σε μια δημοκρατική κατανόηση ! Shadows, reflections, smoke & mirrors . . . yeah, uh-huh. I don’t believe the strength of the 9 is quite that easily summoned up, but it is today because of the presence of the Feather of Truth causing it to nearly boil out of the pot. Okay, then! Illusions dashed, I continue with my feet dragging, my heart nor really in it. Ahead, the 9 of Wands is sitting in a “contemplative Roman general” pose, and wondering how he is going to infuse a bit of that spirit in the world-weary 8. Luckily I have my Tarot project to keep my busy – this sounds like a battle/contest of wills at which I would rather not be present; I’ll just check in later and see who’s winning (signified to me by staying “upright” longer.) In the meantime I want to get on with said project, and as the French say, “I am sure you have other cats to whip.” (Yes, they do say that.) I’m wishing for all of us to shout with joy today as the refreshing waters of the blessings of the Cosmos rain down on us all!
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment