Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 10Feb2016: today my Heart is represented by the Warrior (Knight) of Swords and the Feather of Truth is currently striding the land with the 9 of Sceptres (Wands.) Today’s deck is the *Ibis Tarot* by Josef Machynka. If you don’t know by now that I adore this deck, you’ve faking reading these blog entries. (Naughty, naughty! Naughty children get spanked; adults do, too! I’m listening to Egyptian remix this a.m.;, so “Punish the infidel; spank them!” comes easily to mind. If spankings were more prevalent for adults, we would have fewer problems. Grin. ;) ) So-o-o, it seems I’m starting the day in a fougueux manner, all impetuosity and high spirits and noble goals, hoping for deeds of daring-do just ahead! Oh my, I sound so dashing, so romantic! Ha. I MIGHT have been 1/3 of that when I was young and full of “dashing” energy, but this more mature man moves slowly in his calculations, plans, and decided interest in furthering Victory – old men create The Politic, young men & women die for it or are obliged to publicly support it. If there are any “knight-like-things” needing doing today, it will be a clone or replacement I send, not me. In terms we can relate to the Tarot, I will send a “drone” inside to check out what the situation is, but I’m not committing ANY resources unless and until I find that they are necessary. I know the knight, he incarnates here often, like a cowboy coming back to his favorite saloon gal. “No honeypot like the home honeypot.” I LIKE the Knight – he is everything I USED to be, before Father Time learned my name.  When I think of me in that role, one word springs to mind in big, capital, neon-lit letters: IMPETUOUS! And boy, was I. But that is all past now, and when he pops up like this, it is usually a kind of friendly but gruff message, “Hey, Old Man! Stir your bones and at least LOOK impetuous and brave & full of courage & ready to ride into the gates of the Underworld if needs be.” You know, friends, “the mind is willing but the flesh is weak.” No more turning my ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE upside down unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary and is the only thing preventing me from entering the Ain Soph and dissolving into Divinity. All the Sturm und Drang that the Kn of Sw drags around with him is only digestible up to a certain age; you get tired of eating the energy-expensive shit. And “HOLY Green Gougers, Batman!! is it EXPENSIVE!!!” It takes LOTS of energy to uphold this role, and if he is coming around this morning, I DO sincerely hope it is some young man/person arriving for the purpose of lightening my load in some unforeseeable manner. A REALLY quick look at his bones: “Prince of the Chariot of the Winds” sits in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. In astrology, he strides from 21° Capricorn to 20° Aquarius. He arrives on gusts of Air wherever he goes. The Prince is really all about Idealism, Intellectual agility, Creativity, and richness of ideas.
 Since we are in the boneyard, might as well look at our upcoming Feather, the 9 of Scepters (Wands): aka Strength, he exercises in Yesod in the Tree of Life, and he always arrives aflame. In astrology he is the Moon in the 2nd decan of Sagittarius. To all intents and purposes the true core of the 9 is a spiritual truth, a realization; the combination of the conscious with the unconscious. There is conflict and fear, but that is what is here to learn, to fight, and to banish from his own interior construction, or if not exile it; keep it under very tight rein indeed. The Warrior is a Fantastic friend, but never forget he has the mentality of a rank & file solder with noble aspirations. In a certain humorous take, this “defender of the status quo” is facing off what is coming down the road from the Kingdom of Swords – the Knight! The Knight brings an issue or the defense of a proposition to the Wand kingdom, and the 9 is out and ready to contest entrance. That is one way of looking at it. Another is that the Knight could be riding to HELP the beleaguered forces of the 9. This would actually be more in keeping with the Knight’s character, and the fact that the 9 has, in effect, summoned every able-bodied soul to aid in his effort to complete the work of the Kingdom of Wands. The Knight of Swords is usually up for a good cause, anybody’s. Confronting an abusive parent or other act of “character” springs from the Knight’s personality in each of us, he IS that Man of La Mancha who “dreams the impossible dream, fights the unbeatable foe,” ...who tries, “when his arms are too weary, to reach the unreachable star.” The Nine of Wands on this card resemble, bizarrely, three sets of walking legs on a country background. In a way, one could consider those legs, that spiritual truth of the 9, as “the legs” for the Knight once his horse is no longer of use in the mountain passes of our subconscious. The Truth of the Spock-like development of Logic has led the Knight to seeking its aid for the task at hand. The only image problem I haven’t resolved here is that they walk away from each other. Perhaps that is my job today: reconcile the brash action of the Knight with the ice-cold logical conclusions of the 9 about the current part of my Journey. Well, we can certainly give it a go, an old college try. You have to be willing, not let the flesh cop out with, “Oh, I feel so weak today, not now!” Get it up, Sweetcheeks, and get it on down the road to today’s various this’s and that’s in order to see where the adventure is taking you today. It looks possible it could be a quiet-ish day. I’m hoping the Knight can keep it that way. May the blessings of our compassionate Cosmos rain down upon us all!   


No comments:

Post a Comment