Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 04Feb2016: my Heart is incarnated in XII The Hanged Man and the Feather of Truth is ensconced in the grubby little paw of the Page of Wands. I say “grubby little paw” because our Page looks a wee bit out of sorts today. (Today’s deck is *The Tarot of The Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. There is a good thing & a bad thing at work here. 1st, the deck is fantastic! Stuffed FULL of symbols and meanings and with period illustrations, these cards are Major magic and I really, really like this deck! On the other hand, $70 extra for an explanatory book, or $18 extra if you only want a LWB is, I feel, pure extortion and reveals a grubby, money-crazed approach to “let’s milk Tarot for all it’s worth!!”, an attitude that it pains me to say is all too evident in a GREAT DEAL of the Tarot teaching world. The cluephone has been answered, and if you think I am speaking to you, then I am. Tarot isn’t here to pay our bills. It was NEVER designed for that.) First up, let me state that I do NOT have a Christ complex, I’m not out to save the world at the cost of untold suffering to me, and quite frankly I believe we should EACH pay for our own mistakes & take some fucking responsibility for our lives. QUIT looking for a scapegoat, you bastards & bitches! (Addressed to the unenlightened; you, the enlightened, may sail on in Peace. LOL.) So, receiving XII The Hanged Man doesn’t send me running for the pancake spatula to beat the kids. I “kind of” get along with self-sacrifice. I can so often see the need for it, and when I am called upon to do it, I trust that I do so with a minimum of whining, whinging, bellyaching and blaming others. I AM, however, suspended between two worlds, as is he, and making a very, very diligent effort to push past the limits. In order to break through, we MUST sacrifice “ourselves,” n’est-ce pas ? His bones tell his story quite neatly: Uranus as neutralization and inversion, Neptune as the spirit of sacrifice, the 12th house as a symbol for metamorphosis through isolation and knowledge. He goes from Geburah to Hod on Water, and he carries the number of the Zodiac. “The Hanged Man is a symbol for the turning points in life, showing up as a need to stop and assess a situation. We're hanging in the air until we find a new view of the things around us, a proper way to rearrange or restart. “All good, so far.” But the Hanged Man is a 'silent' card - there's no pressing need for change. No big change is waltzing towards us - we can peacefully keep on hanging and complaining. The Hanged Man just shows that we're just 'hanging', he requires a new viewpoint, and sometimes a lot of patience.” SO-o-o-o, in this long-running road production I call a life, and which I am busily involved reconstructing at this time, I’m being told, “Patience. The proper organizational structure will come to you, don’t force it.” Okay, I guess I can live with that . . . just barely.  
I suppose somewhere in all the “considerate” attached to XII, I need to face the Feather of Truth as incarnated in the Page of Disks, not one of my favorite Court characters. I mean, shit, look at the card – do YOU want to be friends with that howling monstrosity of spoiled depravity and “Gimmegimmegimme”? No, me neither. Let’s look at his bones to figure out why: He’s in Malkuth (of course he is, that figures!), and in astrology he is Venus in the Earth signs. Of the Earth, he is in Assiah, the physical world of making, of growing. The Page “is warm-hearted, sensual and generous, an unwavering and concentrated person with all the reliable stability of the Earth. Yet he lacks Fire and Air, as well as the conforming qualities of Water, and can easily be a little too dependent on outside influences but nevertheless being unable to really adapt to others.” (Raven) What an ungraceful friend he would make, eh?  All I can really see there is a stubborn, nasty child who needs a few life lessons & perhaps his buttocks well-thrashed.  (Okay, I’m not THAT bad of a guy, I WOULD cut him a break; but if he acted up anyway, thrashed buttocks here we come!) His card is mesmerizing, though, isn’t it? He’s his own little “World,” with his own 4 elements; Sun, Moon, Fire (Dragon) and Coin (standing wind charm style against a gripped baton.) I’m sure the angel’s open mouth signifies the Word made manifest or some such ilk, but again, frankly, it seems violent, excessive and not in character – but then again, I cannot claim to know him all that well. Whatever he may be, today he is the vehicle for the Feather of Truth, which if I am going to take as ANYTHING in giving me this card, is saying either a person LIKE that is on my immediate horizon OR I am winding up some disagreeable part of my personality to be that manifestation in the world right now. Gods, I hope not! Let it be someone outside of me, THAT person I can piss on and walk away. IF that is ME, however, I have some major emergency overhaul work to do. It can also be true that he merely indicates the truth that everything he is and stands for is in me, as well, and I have to make the blend or suffer the loss. With a modicum of graciousness, I’ll tell myself, “I’ll see what I can do. Please wait here.” This day could be a “learning experience;” and Hel’s bells & underworld reindeer, we ALL dislike that! LOL. Wishing us ALL an absolute DELUGE of blessings from the Cosmos today!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment