Thursday, February 4, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 05Feb2016: today my Hear is represented by the 7 of Wands and the Feather of Truth is flashing out of the glory of the Ace of Wands. Well, it’s a fiery day! Not to be confused with our current climate, which is sunny but bone-chillingly cold. Ahh, the south of France – ha! (Today’s deck is again *The Tarot of the Holy Light” by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. While my opinion on the money-grubbing and crazed accessories prices hasn’t changed neither has my opinion on the deck – it has only gotten better! I am GAGA for this deck! I don’t particularly give a shit if the authors want to charge $70 or $700 for their folderol, I only need the cards, and THEY come through in fantastic shining colors! Get the deck, screw the accessories and books, but GET the deck!) It is a very Wands-y day, isn’t it? I am Fire through and through (Aries = western, dragon = eastern) so I’m comfortable in a Fiery climate, just like a salamander (mythically: in reality, throw a salamander into the fire and he’ll burn, too, believe me! OF course, you will have earned enough bad karma to carry you through several reincarnations, but tough shit, right? LOL.) The 7 is a funny bird. Whichever of the four suits it is, when a 7 shows up, it is always just a bit perplexing, there is always an open question concerning outcome.  Here I’m being told that I need to rise to the challenge today, I need to excel, to gather ALL my tools together because I NEED them in order to shine today. Let-s look at his bones: “Valor” is sitting in Netzach in the Tree of Life, having arrived, naturally enough, on a flame of Fire. In astrology he is Mars in the 3rd decan of Leo. “The Seven of Wands is entering Netzach - the depths of creativity and anarchy standing under the number of destiny. And like for all the Seven's, the leaving of the beautiful Tiphareth comes like the fall from paradise. But Fire is a fighter, and though the element seems to be burning down, it will struggle to survive.” (Raven)  So the Seven of Wands talks of a situation where I have to face up forces stronger than myself, situations that at first sight seem hopeless, yet I'll have to use all that I've learned, and fight. Well, hmm, the only “situation” I have booked today is a RDV with my kinésithérapeute this morning at 09:30, and unless he’s planning on a wrestling match, the situation will be “impromptu,” it seems. (Okay, “forewarned is forearmed,” as Queen Elizabeth says to me all the time. Grin. That “Diana business” nearly did her in, but she followed her cards, too, and she’s still here; Diana’s not. Wouldn’t listen to her reader, silly girl.) Who has our back today?
 Who’s pitching in as the Feather of Truth? Well, hurray! It’s the Ace of Wands, the Head of the suit, and not a moment too soon, harrumph! LOL. Like most very intelligent people, I tend to confuse, or mix, intelligence with spirituality, and it is a tricky and dangerous slope to traverse. (There is no use to false modesty, it serves nothing; I’m smart & I know it.) The Ace of Wands is not only the Wellspring for all that Wand energy, that creativity bubbling in our bodies & souls, it is also Outrider on the herd, making sure that its Ace-y, Wands-y energy is comprehended and used beneficially. The Aces don’t LIKE to be abused; what THAT is saying is that when that part of you comes alive, & you are “fertile,” your very being rebels against the idea that you will misuse or twist & warp the energy towards malefic purpose.  As does mine. I have a lot of ideas bubbling through the machine right now, but I am going to need Discernment to choose, not to mention a helping handful of Hint/Intuition, the RIGHT steps to take toward expanding my “tarotsphere,” so to speak. I want to be of more use, and to do that, I need to “get it out there” more. I’m not talking about $$, I couldn’t care less about that, but I AM talking about being zealous about the benefits that Tarot can bring into your life if you’ll just take the time to learn a little and listen a lot. Yea, I’ve turned zealot, dammit. Oh well, {{sigh.}} Grin. Let’s take a quick look at the Ace’s bones; “The Roots of the Power of Fire,” is sitting in Kether in the Tree of Life. In astrology, it represents ALL Fire signs. “Like all Aces, the Ace of Wands symbolizes the roots and the entity of its element; here it is the root of Fire, the first spark to create the flaming powers of Atziluth, the world of the all-encompassing spiritual substance. Being the essence of Fire, the Ace itself goes nowhere, but stands for the strong feeling that soon might turn into a strong will or plan. There is a spiritual power that has the ability to grow, it is completely up to us whether we use it or not.”  (Raven) I know, I have a real thing for Raven, but I promise you we’re not sleeping together! Grin. However, I (and thus “we,” I hope) get the drift here, Gilligan; The Ace is a gift, use it (or not) at your own Will and Peril. (Peril doesn’t automatically mean danger. Rather, it means, by “a choice based upon inductive reasoning,” or in other words, “Hey, stay alert! Your future is being written here!”) I’m a Fire kind of guy, so my bet in this race is on Myself. (I’m suddenly reminded of that silly Britney Spears song, “Circus,” and her line, “I’m a put-on-a-show kind of girl.” Ha! You ain’t got nuthin’ on me, Sister!) Well, time will tell (or at least a 24-hour slice of it) where I end up with this, but it looks promising and not at all a call to battle. That’s cool; I’ve had enough of battles for a while. May the blessings of the Cosmos rain down upon us All!    

No comments:

Post a Comment