Saturday, February 27, 2016

(NB. The following addresses a meeting held the evening of 28 February 2016. It was written the morning before the evening webinar. MLM)
Good morning and Welcome! to the Not-Scales of Ma’at for 28Feb2016; because I needed to change the parameters of the question, today isn’t the Scales, but instead a short-term question (The Bark of Anubis, perhaps?J,) so here it is: “What can I stress/do tonight to ‘advantage’ and make the Town Hall meeting a success, and What do I need to avoid/discourage in order to NOT let the meeting fall into a deep well of shit?” The cards are amazing, aren’t they? As the positive, Do it! card, I received II the Priestess, AKA Occult Knowledge, and as the negative, “Don’t encourage it!” card I received the 10 of Disks, AKA Satiety. (The deck is, of course, the *Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers.) Thus, the long and the short of it is that in order to have a successful meeting this evening I need to emphasize the search for the hidden or “occulted” part of the Journey, and I should actively discourage an attitude of Satiety, or “Been there, done that,” with Tarot from any of tonight’s participants, or more importantly, DO NOT indulge in it yourself! I wouldn’t, anyway, because I am a LONG, LONG way from being “sated” with the Tarot and tossing it aside.
 (And if that isn’t one of the MOST badass 10 of Disks you’ve ever seen, you need to show us yours!J) That’s it; there is no long-winded exposition/autopsy today. Just this and the promise that if you are there tonight, I WILL try and make it as interesting as I possibly can for all of us. (No, don’t ask me to do it in drag, AGAIN.) A ce soir, and may the blessings of the Cosmos feed ALL of our Hearts today! 
"At times you have a very un-lady-like way
Of running out
You’re on this date with me
The pickin's have been lush
And yet before the evening is over
You might give me the brush
You might forget your manners
You might refuse to stay
And so the best that I can do is pray
Luck be a lady tonight" (Frank Loesser)


No comments:

Post a Comment