Saturday, March 12, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 12Mar2016: as my Heart for today I have drawn IX Le Chevalier Introspectif, ou L’Anachorète Mystique (the Hermit) and as gently as a feather floating on water, Truth settles on La Dame des Graals (Ace of Cups.) (Today’s deck is *Le Tarot des Templiers* by S. Mayorca. A French deck, quite lovely to work with, but a bit difficult as it is of the “unglazed” cardboard-&-overlarge-rectangular-cut-with-sharp-corners genre of decks. Also, the divination of the cards is a bit different and it is most notable in the minor arcana. You shall see, Infidels! Lovely, lovely deck – if you can get hold of a copy, and you aren’t using your rent money to do it, buy it, it is worth adding to your collection.) My Heart today is in full anchorite mode, yes-indeedy! It would have been like that yesterday, but yesterday it was in Arcanum XXIII, Collapse. I couldn’t stay awake yesterday, all day! A serious lack of energy it seems; I tried to do the Scales only to fall asleep at the computer. So I wrote off yesterday, and today, continuing the theme, I’m spending it alone, alone, alone in my Heart. (My wife detects this humor & always gives me acres of space. Hey, she’s got her own fish to catch!) The elegant LWB that accompanies this deck has this to say, after a periple through the example of Diogenes, “The Hermit indicates solitude, isolation, celibacy, silence, discretion, modesty and reflection. He nourishes on the interior vitality which is mastered through introspection.” In Templar terms, I am counselled to turn to my studies in the occult sciences, in keeping prudence, in occult protection and most of all in longevity. (Why?? I have NO desire to live forever or even too much longer [in the natural course of things].) I HAVE to take this Heart card at its more general implications, the withdrawal, the contemplation, the inner & outer silence that allows one to contemplate the gaining of wisdom & knowledge with a calm equanimity. Let’s cast his bones to remember him by and then sail on to our Destiny, shall we? He is Saturn as the Keeper of the Gate, or Saturn in Aquarius, standing for the search of wisdom and the keeping of independence. Zodiacally he is the Virgin, (thus the counsel to Modesty, one presumes) and strides from Chesed to Tiphareth on the Tree of Life. He is, of course, of the Earth and as 9, he is the Ouroborotic number (3 X 3). “. . . the silent loneliness of the Hermit appears unattractive, but behind the Hermit is the wisdom of the High Priestess. You cannot listen to your inner voices while having a party.” (Raven) I am ‘LOL’, right on, Raven. Okay, today it’s don the hooded robe & sandals and shuffle around the musty library of my monastery, I suppose.
 Good, more down time to recover. Turning from isolation, grandly enough I behold . . . The Grail, the Ace of Cups! Wow, now THAT’S a Light after the darkness of the wandered wilderness! “Oh, and look, everybody! It’s the orange dolphin of the Initiate, who penetrates the deep waters of the Astral Ocean and comes & goes by his Will! LOL, what? You know nothing of the orange dolphin of the Initiate? Silly you!”  Yes, the symbolic/lucky charms of another time aren’t really that familiar, are they? So we need to be told, to be taught, to Learn. Until the day we are no longer capable of opening our eyes, and pass into the Ocean forever. Union with the Divine . . . . Oddly enough, in this deck, the Arcanum “of the Grail” represents not only itself, but your descendants, family, the nation, the race, the species. It announces the opening of the spiritual and universal world, the arrival of Prosperity, Abundance & Fertility (very Empress-ish.) New love, married love, the joy of a birth, the opening and creation of a new project born of Love. “Aha! That’s it! That’s the one! Stop there! That’s me!” Before I fully digest the Ace and turn it into fuel, let’s take a look at her bones: She is the Root of the Powers of Water, sitting in Kether in the Tree of Life; astrologically she is all Water signs. “The Ace of Cups shows the way deep into our soul, to detect beauty and trust. It stands for the sources of love, for growing feelings, the desire for a relationship or the readiness to have a friend. Referring to the Kabbalah, the Ace of Cups is attached to Briah - the world of pure feeling and sensitive intention. It is the female counterpart of the Ace of Wands, representing the female element water as a sign for devotion and care. The card also tells that Beauty and Ugliness are two poles belonging together. Without shadow, there's no light - and mud is needed to make ‘liliths’ blossom.” (Raven) I’m hoping he meant that linguistic pun. “Well, yes, birdy mine, but it ain’t all sweetness & light, either, there is some heavily weighted shit going on here, and when you draw an Ace, sit up and pay attention, boy! Boy! Did ya hear me, Boy?!” I find the medieval association with the Ace and thus with the Grail to be deep work, to say the least. I love the beauty &mystery of the Grail Legend, and the inherent call to higher spirituality that it embodies. Yet loving it and understanding it are two different concepts, and I can accomplish the 2nd ONLY when I am functioning in “Aware Mode,” or being up, on point, sensitive and paying attention to what the Cosmos is telling me. In that spirit of being Aware, I pray for ALL of us today that we may swim into the Ocean and after a good cavort in the blessings of the Cosmos emerge refreshed and ready to go on!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment