Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 09Mar2016 : my Heart slips into the room, gliding amongst the shadows along the wall as II The High Priestness (the 1st time I’ve noticed the artist’s spelling quirk) and as the Feather of Truth today, I’m receiving a bit of a surprise at seeing it manifest in the 5 of Swords. The truth lies in conflict?? Well, we’ll get to that. (Today’s deck is the *Night Sun Tarot* by Fabio Listrani. If you are not familiar with this deck, do yourself a favor & promise to buy it for yourself when you can. It’s a wonderfully thoughtful, contemplative deck, somber, stunning art (some cards are very reminiscent of F. Harris.) I haven’t picked it up in a while because it IS so somber, but then I see it & promise myself to do a reading with it soon. It IS beautiful. Has a GD feel, which works wonderfully with the chosen palette, and he doesn’t skip on the symbolism or info. A really good, trustworthy & beautiful deck.) Well, my Heart is playing games this morning with me after being scolded by the cards yesterday to grow up and be a Superior Man. That’s okay, I understand how he feels, I sometimes take myself too seriously as well, and a good pout doesn’t harm anything, just wastes time. I actually DO feel as if my Heart is being coy today, and showing himself in the best possible light, that of Keeper of the Wisdom. My Heart usually stays off the challenge field, preferring NOT to battle with my brain, the Keeper of Knowledge. Today, though, he’s brought the battle into his own realm and is going to provide a lesson in how to profit from what he offers. I can dig that. Speaking of digging, let’s look at the PriestNess’ bones; she is the Moon in Scorpio in the 12th House, the House of Mysteries. Scorpio, of course, is the powers of the unconscious. She lives in the connection between Kether and Tiphareth (wow!) and of course her Element is Water (the Moon.) She is the symbol of duality, female, 2. “The High Priestess represents the deeper, more subtle aspect of the female archetype - the darkness, the mystery, psychic power, the might of the moon to enlighten the subconscious. The High Priestess is silence, passivity, containing a power of her own. Only when retiring from the world, can we allow our subconscious to rise, listen to our inner voice and recognize our spiritual power. Most people never rest like this, as our society supports the total suppression of the subconscious, but without it we will never understand ourselves. The High Priestess is inner wisdom at its deepest, a wisdom that cannot be expressed in rational terms. Trying so, we would already falsify and restrict it. As a symbol for deeper knowledge, the card can express a feeling of darkness, which might also be a feeling of fear, but also a feeling of beauty. We know there is more inside than we can see.” (Raven) and there, my dear little gremlins, the bird of unknowable mien has given us a succinct, absolutely spot-on summary of this card. What I find interesting, however, is that it seems that the Hidden Knowledge with which I’m being tempted today is somehow tied up with perceiving the Truth in Conflict (or, Valhalla forbid! in Defeat!)
 This 5 is in Geburah in the Tree of Life, with Air as his vehicle. Astrologically, he is Venus in the 1st decan of Aquarius.  (I ask you: does Venus in Aquarius seem like defeat or conflict to you? To me, those two symbols should make a love fest, but apparently not! Perhaps an astrologer can explain that.) “The Five of Swords have reached Geburah, the realm of motion and changing, of destruction and disintegration. The truce of the Four couldn't last; the airy Swords had to recognize that they never were meant for structure and stabilization, that they needed to stick to their unsteady nature, no matter how high the price might be. The deep crisis the Swords are going through [. . . here also results from] the influence of Venus, the planet of emotion, harmony and sensitivity. For the logical Swords who are forced to see everything absolutely clear and unveiled, too much sensitivity can mean a sharp pain that no reasonable argument might soften. Intelligent as they are, they clearly analyze the trap they're in and start struggling against fate, thus recognizing that they cannot win.” Well, ain’t this grand. I get all these indicators telling me that I need to live my emotional life to the fullest or I will die, an now the Symbology Storm starts up again with exactly the opposite message – “You’re suffocating us with your damned emotions!”  Swords are wonderful for so many things, but deep thinking isn’t really their forté; I can see it as necessary to tone it down and find harmony and balance; the Swords are crying out because they are Swords, it is their Nature, but it is up to me what I do with their plaints and how I “fix” them. Compromise is usually the name of the game, except for when it changes name to Principles. And one must ALWAYS be careful of Principles, because they are so nakedly, brazenly self-serving. Why, I’ve seen XIV Temperance scream & run when a Principle entered the room! Grin J. The 5 here, today, really isn’t such bad news, actually. It gives me a healthy soupçon of skepticism in today’s soup. In doing all of this work to construct the Me That Will Be, I must be careful to not give too much bargaining power to either camp, Emotions or Intellect, and today I’m telling myself that perhaps the strategic acknowledgement of defeat in one area is not defeat but yet another paving stone on the Path to greater knowledge. After all, with acknowledgement comes humility, and with humility can come the Willpower to make the necessary changes to find oneself the victor instead of the vanquished. May we ALL profit from those annoying little “Adjust Yourself!”s that the Cosmos sends us from time to time!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment