Sunday, March 20, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 20Mar2016 : today my Heart is serving cocktails with the Queen of Hearts and the Feather of Truth has taken an ‘escampette’ and is picnicking with the 4 of Wands. (Today’s deck is *The Housewives’ Tarot* by Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum. A completely working and actually pretty damn accurate Tarot deck, it is usually mentioned in the same breath as its evil twin, *The Zombie Tarot,” a planned clone in design, both fun. If you don’t mind taking your Tarot with a good dose of humor and sly observation, this deck is for you!) Today my Heart is hangin’ with the Queen of Cups, and she’s serving open cups all around! Each cocktail is a mystery but she’s counseling patience (a spiritual virtue,) and things will be what they will be in the grand nimbus of her aura of settled balance & generosity in the emotional realm. I’m going to step out of my cocoon of “never say too much about yourself” to say that my wife and I had a “lively” discussion last night, the “life” mainly on my side. I haven’t been entirely content in our emotional duo for a short while, and not being one to guard my venom for one hate-filled poisoned strike, I “howled” my dissatisfaction and feeling of being alone in the rowboat. She heard me (it’s hard to ignore a werewolf,) and sufficient bandages have been applied for the beast to heal. There is nothing Queen of Wands-y about that, except that the SPIRIT of our mutual bond & commitment  to this “organism called a marriage” is still alive and well, and still being fed by Her Maj the Queen. 
I’m not hunting for esoteric or recherché meanings in the cards today – doubtless they are there, but today this old warrior needs some R&R time, just a “l-i-t-t-le” space between me and my own intensity, my drive to continue my Journey. A recent experience with  N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (the active ingredient in ayahuasca) has also given me this conclusion: “Believe it or not, you’re seeking a little TOO hard, Buddy. Pace this out more . . . breathe . . . don’t be so damned intent & serious that you forget the transient beauty of simple existence, instead of ALWAYS being oriented towards a goal. Contain yourself, because this is going to be a howler – stop and smell the roses.” O-k-a-a-y, – I can do that. To reinforce the notion, the Feather of Truth today is lounging with the 4 of Wands. The LWB with this deck has this to say, quite amusingly, “Take a load off and enjoy a well-deserved Shirley Temple!” LOL, yeah, well, sure, why not. Down time today, then, is the decision. In that case, let’s all grab our Bermuda shorts on this 1st day of Spring and enjoy the freshness of the new season the Cosmos has sent us!   


No comments:

Post a Comment