Friday, March 4, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 05Mar2016: my Heart today is in the Prince of Disks and the Feather of Truth is beckoning from the cuirass of the Knight of Wands. (Today’s deck is the *Tarot of Ceremonial Magick* by Lon Milo & Constance DuQuette. Thoth system.) Wow, I had forgotten how densely packed with info this deck is! (I almost wrote “infotainment” – I wonder why?) Well, considering that we are looking at two “motived” men, “let’s just climb right on in and chariot down to the Colosseum, shall we? I hear they are sacrificing Tarologists today.” The Prince of Disks is kind of an odd choice for my Heart to pick today, mainly because I’m not him, or at least not normally. AKA the Prince of the Chariot of the Earth), he lives in Tiphareth and is the Air in Earth. In astrology he spans from 21° Aries to 20° Taurus. “The Prince of Disks represents the Air in the element of Earth; he is stable and industrious and also thoughtful and inventive when it comes to improving matters. Nevertheless, the Earth puts the brakes on the Air, therefore the Prince of Disks is slow in following and developing his plans and ideas, yet he is steady and unwavering - once on his path, he is going forward towards his goal. The Prince of Disks can seem a bit cold in his emotions sometimes, yet he values his comfort and beauty. He is patient and tolerant, but once in rage, he hardly forgives.” (Raven) Harrumph! Well, thank you, oiseau of ill-omen, but I’ll take it from here. I think that as the Prince is generally represented to the world, he is somewhat of an anal-retentive asshat. While I hope (with reasonable certitude!) that he doesn’t represent me, what is it about him that nests in my Heart, waiting to soil my pretty party dress? I know what it is, though am hesitant to autopsy it, simply because it comes from my mother, a dead woman whose “account” in my eyes is highly questionable; she was a “Controller” of the material plane, too, and passed that on to her children. It’s a picayune and ugly little default, which I root out each and every season when it tries to take root. Success & good reputation founded in the material plane were what she was all about, so consequently while a part of that is our (her children) legacy, so is a healthy disrespect of the illusions of money, which my siblings and I all share. You can only despise what you know, and we’ve seen some CrAzY places thanks to family. So today, my Heart needs to be aware that 3-D concerns are dominating my morning, and that it runs the risk of being entirely dull and earthbound. However, look where the Feather has drifted – over to my once & future incarnation, the Knight of Wands. By Thor’s hammer!
 It isn’t as if I/ (we) haven’t seen enough of this energetic & kingly rapscallion recently, and all the more so as both Heart and the Feather are CONSTANTLY throwing him into my face. Yeah, yeah, I get it, Thoth; I get it; get off my ass and do something about realizing my ideas and dreams into something more tangible than simply blow smoke up the Ain Soph’s ass, so to speak. ({{Sigh}} and stretch languidly with ennui) Okay, another go-round with little Mr. Stubborn and spurring him on to grow a pair and get out in the world and find a just cause and go fight for it; , and go ahead and assume the responsibilities that age, experience & wisdom have delegated to me. . . or something like that. VERY quick overview of the Knight’s bones; AKA the Lord of Flame and Lightning, living in Chokmah, spanning 21° Scorpio to 20° Sagittarius. The Fire of Fire. “. . . the Knight of Wands is the purest manifestation of his element - burning, flaming, enthusiastic and thrilling. He is the born leader, full of ideas and idealism, proud and commanding, at his best noble, honest, conscientious and intelligent . . . the Knight of Wands can stand for highest inspirations, spiritual realization and purest creativity.” (Raven) It can be humbling to be reminded that one’s mind and/or Heart is scrambling around in the dirt looking for lost hairpins when you should be on your horse, your long, manly locks flowing the wind . . . Grin. (I’ve never had long, manly locks, but I can see the fatuous grins it summons on those who admire it. Remember Fabio? LOL) What is it that we really want out of the job, the position of being the Knight/King of Wands? Inspiration, Realization and Creativity is a good place to start and end in that Court. Start the job wanting those, finish the job having those. After the Knight/King of Wands, the entire minor arcana recycles, so this is it, this is my time to shine, so do so or lose the chance. I feel that is rather humbling, the experience of your local cosmos turning to you at that moment, and in that moment, asks you to speak your two bits to the Cosmos, “so-don’t-blow-the-one-shot-you-have-to-shine!” If a Journeyer can reach the King of Wands after the long periple through the minors, then you HAVE earned your moment, and HOPEFULLY you can keep your shit together enough to address the gathering with a modicum of wisdom and self-respect.  I think I am capable of that at some of my better moments, and at my best, I’m worthy to sit amongst the Assembled, but I HAVE to work at it, constantly, because it is a rare visitor, that state of being IN the right role AT the right time FOR the right reasons. Thank Thoth that I have a guidebook & map, eh? May all of the paths in the Cosmos lead us to our own inner Illumination and may we profit from its blessings!    




No comments:

Post a Comment