Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 08Mar2016: my Heart is coming in at the 5 of Cups and the Feather of Truth has decided to play Hide & Seek amongst the splendors of the King of Wands regalia. The draw felt unfinished, so I drew an I-Ching Hexagram, #28, Excess, but more about that later. (Today’s deck is *The Stairs of Gold Tarot* by Giorgio Tavaglione. Here is what Aeclectic has to say about it, “The major arcana in this complex Italian deck are packed with symbolism, with Hebrew, Sanskrit, and Celestial letters, Vulgar Latin, Zodiacal correspondences, and the Path of the Tree of Life on each card. The minor arcana of the Stairs of Gold Tarot are unfortunately very plain.” Ignore that last line, it is written by a baroque frou-frou junkie. The minors are FINE, and in perfect TdeM style. It has that kind of over-baroque, curlicue feeling and look, of which I am not overly fond, but here it works, and there is SO much info on each card that the “style faults” (faults only in my eyes, BTW) are overwhelmed. In the end analysis, I really like the deck, and yes, it isn’t my usual style. The I-Ching deck is *The Dead Moon I-Ching* by Luis Royo. The look and effect are very “his style,” you expect Frank Frazetta, Conan & some impossibly-breasted rag-clad babe to leap out from behind a symbol [Gentlemen, get it through your heads that those giant, ocean-sized breasts standing out proudly, nipples up, aren’t anywhere even NEAR to reality; Gravity kicks in, fellas.] I have the Holitzka deck as well, which is less dark, more elegant. Both are great I-Ching decks.) Let’s get on with it. My Heart is in 5-Land today, and I don’t like it to even hang out NEAR the 5s, much less buddy around with one. They are that neighbor’s kid who is a “bad influence.” Quick look at the bones: AKA Disappointment, it sits in Geburah in the Tree of Life, by a free-flowing stream of Water. He’s looking at the stars where he is Mars in the 1st decan of Scorpio. “The Five of Cups stands for an emotional crisis. It might be that unconscious fears come true; it could tell that feelings are disrupted or wasting away, the soul is empty and unfulfilled. In the sequence of the cups, the Five is the logical consequence of the Four. The grey tristesse that was lurking behind the luxury's glamour is now exposed, the 'truth is out'. The Five of Cups implies the loss of illusion, the realization of a deception. It hurts, but is necessary when we don't want to spend the rest of our lives with our heads in the sand. The 5 is the quintessence, the power that exceeds the 4 - Geburah is motion and changing, the power of destruction.” This card has a direct line into my Heart today, as I’ve spent the last couple of days, - at times of course, not all the time! – pondering what if anything is to be done about the continuing empty chamber of my heart that is supposed to be occupied by male affection. I STILL haven’t come up with an answer or solution, so the question does its “free-floating anxiety” thing in the background. I’m having a HARD time accepting that THAT may all be over; I keep fighting that conclusion which keeps rearing its unsightly head.
Today, however, the Feather of Truth is beckoning to me as the King of Wands. AKA The Lord of the Flame, the King of Wands represents pure fire energy. He sits in Chokmah by the Fires of Atziluth, and in astrology he bestrides 21° Scorpio to 20° Sagittarius. “Being fire in fire, the [King] of Wands is the purest manifestation of his element - burning, flaming, enthusiastic and thrilling.” “Unlike the other Wands court cards, he is not so interesting in actual creation and creativity, or in dreaming up ideas and implementing them himself. Instead, he is more inclined to take an idea and change the world to match his vision. As such he is a natural-born leader of all kinds of people, and he is very visionary. Once he sets himself a goal, he sticks to it and ensures that he can make it happen with the support of those around him. People naturally gravitate towards this King as they know he will get things done and will do it very well. He is a master, too, at being able to get other people to do his work for him, and keep them on-side throughout the process.” (I’ve married Raven & Biddy; let’s hope their children don’t bear obvious deformities!) I believe that at my best I am this king; it is one of the 4 masculine poles in Fire and Air amongst which I bounce. This card is my “showplace frame,” the one that presents Me in the best light. IF I’m to take this reading as a 2-card unity, which IS the point, then it’s quite clear that the Truth is that I need to get my mind “out of the gutter” and back to the tasks at hand, organizing the effort to have myself “ennobled,” so to speak, in my ongoing conversation with the Ain-Soph. The less I pay attention to it, the more the pretty little birds flocking around the fountain drink thirstily – “ain’t it always that way?” I don’t 
believe it is asking too much of that King inside me to give me some time & slack to get past that 5 so that I can get on with the business of organizing the conquest of the Universe! Ha! Today’s draw is fairly straightforward, contrasting nicely with the baroque fripperies on the cards. Nevertheless, I’m “intuiting” that something is missing, I haven’t *quite* got the big picture yet – so I drew a 3rd card, an I-Ching hexagram, which felt more appropriate today than drawing an oracle. I received Hexagram #28, Excess. The message is calming and clear: “This hexagram symbolizes a forest submerged in a great body of water. The Superior Man, though standing alone, is free from fear; he feels no discontent in withdrawing from the world.” (John Blofeld) There we have it, the gavel has descended. Be the Superior Man, Mark. I pray silently, peacefully and with Will that we may ALL benefit from the rivers of blessings that the Cosmos brings us today!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment