Saturday, April 2, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 03Apr2016 : today my Heart is unicycling with the Page of Pentacles and the Feather of Truth, horrified at such frivolity, has sought refuge in the most unlikely place of all, XVI La Torre (The Tower). (Today’s deck is *El Gran Tarot Esoterico* by Luis Peña Longa and Maritxu Guler. I love this quixotic deck; the images are unique, original & very vibrant. Many of the images are constructed along alchemical and Kabbalistic lines rather than the usual RWS or TdeM images with which one is familiar. This deck definitely adds metaphysical “punch” to one’s readings.) I’m not really sure what to think about my Heart hanging out with the Page of Pentacles today. Bad influence or good? The Page of Pentacles HAS to be a good influence; it is the lowest of the low and the highest of the high. Whereas the Tarot ordering runs in the “logical” sequence of cards, the metaphysical “ordering of the deck” finishes here where it is reborn into the next, higher cycle of the Path (note how the Page references the stance & gesture of the Magician.) That is, if you take a metaphysical view; if you take a RWS standard view, he is an earnest student ready to go, go, go (on his unicycle; uni = alone.) Astrologically this is Venus in all Earth Signs, and Earth in the Earth of Assiah. I think you could say this guy/gal is grounded. To top (or bottom) it off, s/he sits in Malkuth. In this sense, I can COMPLETELY grok where my Heart is at, because my head is there, too; we’ve finished the old cycle, it REALLY IS DONE. Granted I’ve got “some Klingons hanging off of my ass,” but small & light, small & light in comparison to the grand picture. Now I must move quickly into the new cycle; “quickly” is relative, of course, because I have been warned about the dangers of haste for at least the last two weeks! And, lo & Behold! Today’s Feather of Truth is flinging herself around hither & yon, not a care in the world as she flirts with . . . well, what IS it? 
Disaster & catastrophe? No, of course not, we don’t flop around in the shallows with definitions from LWBs, and besides, it doesn’t feel that way. . Hmm . . . This is, of course, the liberation of the self (often through “explosion”) and the “destruction” of the “dam of the personality, consciousness.” Personally, I’ve never taken this card personally. Ha! Death, Disaster & Calamity do not hunt me down, as I have witnessed in others with Very Bad Karma, (VBK for short.) One of the VERY BEST rundowns on the traditional RWS of this Atu is in *Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom: A Book of Tarot* by Rachel Pollack. She gives a MASTERFUL rundown on what XVI the Tower is really about in a RWS deck and “almost” all of it applicable to the Arcanum, no matter the system. Read it, it will give you a clear road to approach Arcanum XVI and the card in your life. XVI is Saturn and Uranus - the sudden breakout of realization, the destruction of old values, based Mars astrologically. On the Tree of Life it is on the path from Netzach to Hod, and rather naturally its element is Fire. Sometimes I feel called upon to rationalize or explain my behavior or comportment to others for the sake of clearer understanding; when, however, the action or attitude issues from a Saturn/Uranus encounter “in my stars,” I don’t feel called upon to explain shit, because 1) I can’t, nobody has yet given ME an explanation, & 2) “C’mon, Philippe, it’s Saturn/Uranus, for Baal’s sake, what the fuck do you want out of me? I don’t HAVE to explain shit.” (We’ve already talked about my little “Emperor of the Universe” problem, remember?) “The area of relative security starts wavering, our tower then falls and with it the walls around us that have become too narrow. It is rarely the evil, but rather the necessary development we meet when there is a change in the armor of destruction.” (Raven) That’s my bird! I KNOW the old systems are crashing down, I feel it all around me all the time. Not only my personal systems, but society’s, as well – the planet’s Capitalist party is about over and the hangover coming over the horizon is going to be both monstrous and colossal. Or so I believe . . . call me Cassandra.  I’m going to keep it short and sweet today, I’m gung-ho on changing wagon trains today – if this one isn’t going to get me past the Apaches and the Donner party, then I shall assemble one that will. I’ve got the power, the keys, and the maps. I know what I’m doing. . . I hope. I ask the Cosmos today to “reach down” and open the beauty of the Path to each & every one of us!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment