Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to my Scales of Ma’at for 06Apr2016 : my Heart is in XIX the Sun and the Feather of Truth today is dancing happily before the spectacle of XVI the Tower, all aflame. (Today’s deck is *The Mary-El Tarot: Landscapes of the Abyss* by Marie White. It’s a lovely, Schiffer-produced deck, therefore well-made. The borders are a bit too large, but the cards are overlarge, so if trimming is your thing, trim away. It is all well-done enough, but it lacks immediacy, and that is perhaps my greatest bitch with it. I WANT to like this deck, I really do, it is so pretty. Instead, it leaves me unsatisfied. I get today’s message. My Heart is in a great place with the Sun (which Ms. White gives a milk-sopped white bread explanation)
 and the Feather of Truth is signaling that “my Immanent thing” is GOING TO HAPPEN, and it is right around the corner, so get ready, I’ve planned a big surprise for myself. That, however, is my explanation; the LCB that “goes with” carries on & on & on about lingams and phalluses and lightning spurting from the tip like semen seeding the landscape and etc., etc., etc. It is all so wrought, so ripped bodice & heaving manly chest that I just want to murmur, “It’s okay, it’s okay, we get it. You like dick. Now calm yourself.” I’m fine with what’s behind this read. It’s is just yesterday redux, “you’re moving along, Mark.” My card choice could have been better, although I have to admit that if today was just going to be a “cool your jets, everything is on track” reading, then mediocre-in-conception cards serve just as well. I do indeed hope that today the Cosmos treats us ALL benignly if we are not in its focus.
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment