Thursday, May 19, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 19May2016: my Heart is in the 2 of Pentacles and the Feather of Truth has been attracted to the light in the lamp of IX the Hermit; (Today’s deck is the *Smith-Waite Tarot Centennial Edition Deck* with the LWB by Waite & the illustrations of course by Holman. The whole curated and issued by U.S. Game Systems in a very nice boxed edition.) I haven’t read with RWS deck since the dawn of Time, it seems! I thought I would pull out this rather odd edition and give it a whirl. It is an odd feeling of disappointment mixed with nostalgia; the only metaphor I can think of at the moment is it is like trying to go back to the feelings of your childhood by visiting your mother and having her make you a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Forget it, pal, and besides, my mother is dead. They just look grainy and grey: see scans, although I will admit there is a vague stirring of fondness in my Heart for what used to be. LOL, it sounds as if I’m describing a doomed love affair from the perspective of age! Ha! Well, at any rate . . . . My Heart is juggling two Pentacles today, and that feels right. Things have been about juggling dualities lately, and while they are satisfying to solve because they ARE solvable, they remain simplistic. I had to cut someone loose for a pattern of disrespect of my couple (marriage.) Done. I needed to form a game plan for the duo of myself & my student; done. Dualities need to be resolved all the time in our lives and we rarely notice because it becomes automatic; “This. This. That. That. Not this, that.” And on and on, through a complete train of daily decisions which we don’t even really consider. It is enlightening to make a conscious effort to follow how many decisions you make a day – the number mounts quickly, as does your surprise. However, here today, I believe the Arcanum is deliberately referencing a decision taken last night about how I am going to manage the “duo” of my student and I; after reflection, I decided that there is no harm and only good in bringing out, dusting off and employing some of my old “teacher mode” stuff from when I DID teach. Yes, the format is different, and the general Purpose and atmosphere is VERY different, from those days but the principles apply. Study plans, course scheduling, deciding on “curriculum,” etc. It’s all good stuff, IF applied with liberal amounts of adaptation and flexibility. The Truth hidden here is that it will ALWAYS be a juggling act, because 2 ALWAYS seeks the release of tension in the manifestation of 3.  “The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on . . . .” (Omar Khayyám)  
Yeah, but where am I going to find the Wisdom to teach this student? The Feather of Truth has flown directly to my answer; “Hey, Mark! Man, dude, you have a short memory! Remember him, and here? This is always one of your favorite places to visit, and you always unconsciously minimize the experience each time you depart to return to society. But hold on, are you sure of it? Look again at the original Waite interpretation: “. . . IT is further a card which is understood quite incorrectly when it is connected with the idea of occult isolation, as the protection of personal magnetism against admixture. This is one of the frivolous renderings which we owe to Eliphas Lévi. It has been adopted by the French Order of Martinism and some of us have heard a great deal of the Silent and Unknown Philosophy enveloped by his mantle from the knowledge of the profane. In true Martinism, the significance of the term Philosophe inconnu was of another order. It did not refer to the intended concealment of the Instituted Mysteries, much less of their substitutes, but – like the card itself – to the truth that the Divine Mysteries secure their own protection from those who are unprepared.” Well, well, well, now! Harrumph! That’s a different kettle of leaping lucky fish! I believe the Feather is treating me to a little corrective lesson today; “You needn’t be overly cautious in what you transmit and teach; in what you discern or miss in your student or the process, but DO pay attention, laxity isn’t encouraged. If things slip awry, don’t worry TOO much, because . . (see above.) But DO fix it, Mr. Juggler.” Voilà the neat little packet of bromide powders that Dr. Tarot has slipped into my morning coffee. Go juggle, Mark. Today I ask the Cosmos to bless us ALL with a better, more refined sense of Balance. Be Well!    




No comments:

Post a Comment