Monday, May 23, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 24May2016: today my Heart is riding sidesaddle to be ready to jump "just in case" with XIII Transformation/Death, while the Feather of Truth, vanes aquiver with trepidation at Heart’s choice, has ran to III the Empress for a pleasant face, a calming voice, & a feeling of “all’s right with the World.” (Today’s deck is *El Gran Tarot Esoterico* by Maritxu Guler and Luis Peña Longa. A wonderful, wonderful deck in the Basque tradition and quite powerful with which to read, I really like it.) For example, my Heart draw today is RIGHT on target: I’m going through some deep transformational changes at the moment, all acceptable and good but changes nonetheless, and they are going to influence every facet of my life. I want to convey right away that I’m cool with this; it is unexpected but very beneficial to my outlook & spirit. I came to realize something last night, due to the visit of a young neighbor who is one of the most personable young women in the world; she called me her “sunshine,” and she meant it; as well, this weekend has reinforced in every possible way my new role as teacher, paterfamilias and general “wise old man of the tribe.”  Considering that I would have been considered a wise old man in prehistoric times at the age of 25, I’m lagging a little (grin), but hey, epochs change. This isn’t totally unexpected; I have been “feeling” this role coming to inhabit my bones since the beginning of the year, but “he” is now in full entry mode, or, in other words, he is manifesting NOW, on the Path of Nun (24) in the Tree of Life & Saturn in the 8th house. This is all about the border, the separation and the farewell in the House of Transformation. His sign is Scorpio, on the axis from Tiphareth to Netzach by way of Water; he is what follows the perfection of the cycle of the first 12 cards – shattering the old, revealing the new. “Death doesn't care if the end is painful and the new beginning welcomed or vice versa. The card implies the need to let something go, and requires the understanding of the circles of life, of change, of becoming.” (Raven & I) I am perfectly happy to leave the old role behind, as I am also leaving my “tension” about the resolution of my “love conundrum.” I realized that being Head Juju provider means that I MUST transmute my feelings into a more group-oriented and inclusive emotion and not singularly focused on satisfying my needs. If I’m going to be “in loco parentis” to these souls, then by Jupiter BE IT, Mark! Quite lollygagging around and whining about “What about MY needs?” Pick up your skirts and skedaddle on down the Path to Grown-Up Alley and be the Father you are supposed to be. And oddly enough, I am happy with this; it is the kind of confirmation that doesn’t allow for wiggle-room and therefore I can trust it. I’m very suspicious of benevolence, don’tcha know? At any rate, taking the new-found Change in stride, I turn to find out where that skittish Feather has gotten off to and find her perched on the bat-winged III Empress.
 No, she isn’t a vampire, silly child.  The bat is an ancient and very powerful shamanic animal spirit; “Bat’s wisdom includes shamanic death and rebirth, initiation, viewing past lives, pollination of new ideas, transition, understanding grief, the use of vibrational sound, camouflage, invisibility, ability to observe the unseen, (and) secrets. Shaman initiates go through a ritual death . . . Here they confront their fears and are reborn without their old identities. Bats help us to release fear and patterns which no longer fits within our pattern of growth. Bat flying into your life signifies that transformation of the ego self is about to occur, the end of a way of life and the start of another. This transition can be very frightening for many, even just to think about. But you will not grow spiritually until you let go these old parts of you that are NOT NEEDED. Facing the darkness before you will help you find the light in rebirth. The bat gives you the wisdom required to make the appropriate changes for the birthing of your new identity.” (Ina Woolcott.)  Well, well, well! Talk about a propitious omen for my new start as teacher & paterfamilias of this large & heterogeneous family I have collected! And yes, I –me- have collected it. With purpose I did it, because I was given the chance to make my own “happy family” after so many years, and I took what was available to hand in hope that we could all be “worked upon” to function in a new family, one bound with ties of affection and respect for the Journey, whatever Path an individual may be currently taking. It has been slowly forming for almost a decade now, but is finally coalescing into something which I can fondly & proudly call “my family.” This is III the Empress down to the CORE, I just realized; I have been “empressing” for a long time now, I just didn’t know it. Well, The Truth is that it is paying off, I find my family of Choice gathering around me, and whether near or far, we maintain connection through affection, to coin a phrase. III the Empress is also Venus in Taurus, standing for fertility and growth. She is on the axis between Chokmah and Binah on the Tree of Life and is, of course, an Earth mother.  “The Empress . . . stands for maternity, love and mercy; at the same time she's a symbol for sexuality and emotion. She is pure feeling, absolutely unintellectual, but basically life. The Empress is the Great Mother, representing the beginning of all life. She is the power of nature, causing change, renewal, major plans.” (Raven) The Empress also stands for passion, a phase in which we cope with life on an emotionally joyful basis, rather than on the thoughtful. This is the hidden answer to MY emotional conundrum, in a nutshell. So the Truth is indeed as I suspected; I have and must needs grow and stretch my boundaries & definitions of who & what I love and HOW I love them. Okay, I shall give that some thought today. Thanks, Plume. I ask the Cosmos today to help us all ameliorate our right & proper roles as they revolve past in order to grow and become Enlightened beings. Be Well!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment