Saturday, May 14, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 15May2016: today my Heart is feeling heavy but a bit noble hanging with XII the Hanged (Wo)Man, while the Feather of Truth has answered a glorious calling, to be a pinfeather in the wings of the Knight of Swords, a griffin. (Today’s deck is the *Epic Tarot* by Paolo Martinello and Riccardo Minetti. This is one of those myriad decks that Lo Scarabeo puts out to a generally yawning, lukewarm reception. We all have a few, or in some cases many, decks of this sort – the “Why did I buy this?” decks. Nevertheless, it merits at least one use, so this is it; this deck must come from a freebie package or something because I don’t recognize it as a choice, at all. That’s the trouble with these themed decks – after a while, you can’t tell one from another, and Tarot be damned, what’s your favorite color for twiggy-wig-wig forest fairies with rainbow hair? “Oh bite me; just give me a TAROT deck, would you?”) I see with, I must admit, a bit of surprise that my Heart this morning is into hanging with XII the Hanged (Wo)Man (written thus for this card.) However it doesn’t really surprise me, XII is the symbol of Acceptance of the process, the tail-pipe of the central engine of the tarot, X, XI & XII, The Wheel, Justice, & Acceptance. XII is all about Uranus as inversion and Neptune as sacrifice, and the 12th House is the house of spiritual knowledge (sic.) She is in the Tree between Geburah and Hod, and her element is Water, symbol of the unconscious and the vastness of the spirit of sacrifice. “The Hanged Man is a symbol for the turning points in life, showing up a need to stop and assess a situation. We're hanging in the air until we find a new view of the things around us, a proper way to rearrange or restart. But the Hanged Man is a 'silent' card - there's no pressing need for change. No big change is waltzing towards us - we can peacefully keep on hanging and complaining. The Hanged Man just shows that we're just 'hanging', he requires a new viewpoint, and sometimes a lot of patience.” (Raven)  Aside from the complaining, which I am NOT doing, the rest falls pretty much in line. My Heart has accepted where the Path is taking me, in its new challenge to my growth, teaching others about the Journey, “spreading the Word.” To tell the truth, there is some joy in the posture. Revitalizing the circulation of blood (& Energy!), feeding extra oxygen to the brain, having your “viewpoint on the world turned upside down.” For me, that means breaking out of my shell and giving of what I know, something I am normally unwilling to do unless in a classroom setting and receiving a paycheck for it. Not this time. And my Heart is glad of that. Turning from the rather smug and self-satisfied sacrifice of my Heart upon the World Tree (I’m not sure the inner, severe Me approves of Heart’s satisfaction. One should suffer if it’s a sacrifice . . . harrumph!) 
I come face-to-face with the Feather of Truth on one wing of the Knight of Swords, a griffin. Astrologically riding the divide between Capricorn & Aquarius, the Knight glides in on the Air of Yetzirah to land in Tiphareth on the Tree of Life. If you ever read my entries, you know already that this Knight is one of four male principles among whom I ricochet, along with his king and their duplicates in the Wands Court; (the MA is a different kettle of leaping fish.)  “The Knight of Swords is the pure manifestation of mind and intellect, full of plans and ideas which on the worst side may disturb and confuse each other, on the best create an inexhaustible spring of creative thoughts. (He) . . . is intelligent, idealistic, full of creativity and fluidity, a real Mercurian spirit who often will argue just for the fondness of arguing - and not so much for the arguments themselves. The Knight of Swords can throw himself head over heels into scientific research, reaching the highest levels within a short time and then throw everything away without further notice because something else appears more interesting at the moment.” (Ibid) That is SO me, at times. Especially that last; “Yes, I just spent 5 years developing this subatomic plasma cannon and transporter, but fuck it, let’s go build that gumball machine!”  Luckily at that point the King usually steps in and finishes the job for which he accepted responsibility. Nevertheless, my bet would be that today the Feather thinks I need to step forward with my “bright idea” (mentoring) and “By Jove’s teeth! We need troops, victuals, supplies, man, supplies! And don’t forget the followers, either, they have to be considered. Whores or not, they have to eat!” When I was VERY young, I rather exhibited to a certain degree the reverse of this knight; “unstable, unreliable and extremely moody, using his amount of intelligence to trick himself through life, becoming a master of disguise.” (Ibid) But those days are long gone, blown away by the winds of time, change, sorrow & experience so that the landscape now resembles less a riotous Bosch tableau but more a Vermeer study in light & composition. BIG change. They are MANY advantages to just “growing the Hell up.”  The only catch in the airs of Yetzirah with this Knight is that now that one has the distance and appreciation to be truly artisanal with the tools of this knight, one’s age has taken its toll and the energy is flagging. Fuck it, it’s always something. Live with it, Mark; you do with everything else.” Today I ask the Cosmos to gift us ALL with an Understanding and Acceptance of our own motives and responses. Be Well!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment