Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 29Jun2016 : today my Heart is sitting examinations to determine whether indeed it is worthy to join the gods in the afterlife or shall he be thrown to Ammit, the destroyer goddess below. While contemplating this sobering prospect, I am given some comfort in the form of the Feather of Truth today, which has come to home to roost and to bask in the warm & simple glow of domesticity. (Today’s deck is the *Egipcios Kier Tarot* by Iglesias Janeiro & ed. by Stuart Kaplan. This deck is simply a pearl beyond price, a jewel beyond compare. An Egyptian system deck [cards numbered 1 – 78, no division into suits] it is beyond wonderful. If you can find a copy, buy it. I shall not go on & on, I would wax prolific. I would, however, go so far as to say that after a RWS, A Thoth & Golden Dawn, and a Tarot de Marseille decks, this deck or an equivalent Egyptian-numbered deck should be in your armory. ) Apparently my Heart is feeling justified enough to sit his exams today to be judged worthy before Thoth and presented to Osiris; or will he be cast to Ammit, the destroyer and obliteratrix of the Name? When she eats your name, you are truly forsaken; you can no longer be remembered in the Fields of the Blessed. It is interesting, as Robert Wang points out in *The Qabalistic Tarot; A Textbook of Mystical Philosophy* (Marcus Aurelius Press, Canada, 2004), “All of this was clearly understood by the Golden Dawn, who found considerable utility in the Egyptian system of Gods. These Gods express universal relationships better than any other Pantheon.” And not only for the Golden Dawn, as can be seen here. This judging of my Heart on the Scales of Ma’at is, in its own way, XX Judgement in a more traditionally structured Tarot deck. I do recently feel as if I am being summed up for Judgement; I don’t know what that’s about, but I know it isn’t a presage of death. I believe that I am being “summed up” and my heart weighed on the Scales because I am at a crucial juncture point; here is where I make the decision to go COMPLETELY private with the rest of my Journey, or to go even more public, which also carries with it the job of mentoring. I know which way Thoth and his crowd wants me to go, and I know my natural inclination; luckily in this instance both are aligned in the same direction and I will go the less private route, while at the same time striving to maintain the “To Be Silent” guideline of my Quest, one of the Four: To Know, To Will, To Dare and To Be Silent. It is an oath we all need to be able to take at an individual point in each Journey; when either we leave our development there, at a comfortable point but to be developed no further, or we commit to the Rest of the Journey, come Hell or high Water, and with that commitment comes the statement of the Magus” creed, the aforementioned 4 points. 
Let my Heart have learned its lessons well and be Judged; I am not afraid. So turning, I travel from Mars to the Terran Moon and #29, Domesticity, the warm & comfy lap where the Feather of Truth has settled for the day. This is a card of modesty and self-effacement, of knowing one’s “middling” place and being contented with it, of being happy with small advancements & minor promotions, of good husbandry. If one knows ANYTHING about me, then one knows that modest self-effacement is NOT where I eat, sleep or live. Fuck that! Live large! However, there is a great blessing in NOT overlooking the joys and happinesses of “domesticity;” an assured faith, surprising returns on modest investments, good faith well-placed & a feeling that “All is right with my little world.” My spur comes with that one word, “little.” I want NOTHING about my happiness to be of small import, I don’t swing that way. That is not to say that I can’t enjoy these things, I can, and often do, when I am out of myself enough to register the myriad small details that go to make up a satisfying life for me. I have most of them working for me, thank Renenutet, because I like to think that I am smart enough to acknowledge the role the smaller things have in constituting the grander machinery of the Life I wish to live. This card carries something really important to me personally; Khepera, the scarab beetle/sun/Immortality divinity, who has been a personal patron for many, many years now. Above all it is he who “speaks” to me from that “animal spirit guide” place; there may be others from time to time, but he’s the first & foremost. And here, on this card, he is linked directly to the Heart, below, through the constancy of Man. The Feather of Truth and my Heart are working truly in tandem today, to remind me to keep it simple, enjoy the smaller pleasures when they come along, celebrate the constancy of the everyday that leads you to successful progress in the Hall of Judgement, and forms the basis of your continued Journey. There is a mystery and a mysticism in the quotidian, in the everyday, that we often miss because of the hypnotic nature of the thing itself; like a rosary, like a mantra, even like religious ritual flagellation, the repetitiveness of the thing is the glissade by which one arrives at a form of deep interior meditation, and through that, an understanding of the language of the Divine. When are you ever more in touch with the Divine than when you are questioning the reason for your existence? I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a blossoming appreciation of the quotidian in our lives today. Be Well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment