Friday, June 3, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 04Jun2016 : today my Heart is skipping along with the Page of Wands whereas the Feather of Truth has opted for a faster means of transport and is hitching a ride with VII the Chariot. (Today’s deck is *The Robin Wood Tarot* by Robin Wood. This is one of those “lost decks” upon which I am passing judgment; stay or go? While I have a general hail-fellow-well-met feeling about this deck, I also have a “too common, get rid of it” feeling. Plus, when I first saw it, I thought, “Oh, how cutesy. Robin Wood instead of Robin Hood, indicating Pagan, woodsy, Celtic, Druid-y, etc. But no, the author’s name is Robin Wood, so potential sick-making cuteness was avoided. It’s an okay deck, I am forced to admit, but in the company of some of the stellar companions on my shelves it simply fades away to nothing. This one is getting stored.) My Heart today is in the Page of Wands. Here’s a mix of Raven and me on the Page of Wands; “In astrology, this is Venus in the fire signs, arriving as an Earth elemental into the Fires of Atziluth. S/he resides in Malkuth. The Page of Wands represents the Earth in the element of Fire, far from the Queen's depth and the Prince's Air. She's the Fire's daughter, with all the flaming energy of the King, unaffected from deeper emotions. The only heritage from the Queen is a good memory for insults and the thirst for revenge. While dancing in the flames, the Page of Wands has her own beauty with her insatiable hunger for life and her endless, powerful energies. Her passion is hot, explosive and fast, burning down the object of desire and forgetting about it as soon as a new one comes into view.” If this is where my Heart is today, it is in an odd place. I know I want to get the organization of my classes with my two tarot students ship-shape and ready to fly – that doesn’t mean I want to tidy it up, shove it in a corner and forget about it! Perhaps in the energy and drive I bring to this project lies the similarity to the Page of Wands, because otherwise I don’t see this card making much sense to or for me today. 
So, we’ll take this Heart card under advisement. As I turn to look for the Feather of Truth, I notice the weather and it is glorious; the Sun is shining the birds are singing, the Delphic Oracle is in full flow – Apollo must be out in force & beauty today! And yes, indeed, there he is, with the Feather of Truth perched insolently at his side as if to say, “Finally, where I belong . . . a little speed!”  Sometimes she’s a real flirty bitch, the Truth, but that is part of her draw. Raven and I again: “VII the Chariot is Mars in connection with Sun or Mercury; Mars as a symbol of enforcement combines with the Sun as a symbol for will or Mercury as the symbol of the Way. In the Zodiac he is Cancer, and on the Tree of life he rides from Binah to Geburah. His element is, oddly enough, Water. The Chariot stands for combined powers, ready to move forward. It represents the dynamic principle and the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the inner and outer balance. The Chariot shows a strong will, a strong personality, and at its best, victory and success; but it also is a symbol for controversial power, for contradictions that are not solved, but just controlled. In this, the arcanum also warns of overestimation and recklessness. With every new venture or beginning one should check carefully whether the desired goal is compatible with one's life and inner self.” And THERE, my friends, is the applicable portion of today’s draw; “With every new venture . . .” such as having 2 new students and casting myself in the role of tarot mentor?? Yes, exactly, Mark, exactly like that. BE SURE your goals are ship-shape in in harmony with both your inner and outer selves: for Horus’ sake, Mark, NO SELF-DECEPTION, OK? And while you’re at it, don’t dillydally, dragging your feet behind you as you enter this learning experience, no haphazard, time-consuming unreadiness. Be ready to teach, to learn from your students, and to shoot from the hip, rapid and on-target. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL better aim. Be Well!   



No comments:

Post a Comment