Thursday, June 30, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 01Jul2016: today my Heart has put on his Byzantine finery and gone to visit at the court of the Queen of Disks while the Feather of Truth has gone to visit and old & dear friend who has an appearance of “froideur” which belies a heart of gold, VIII Justice. I say ‘heart of gold’ in a rather ironic way; while she is indeed a faithful & true friend, she is pitiless, even to herself and most of all to her friends, but it isn’t cruelty. She simply has a cold, hard, cosmic eye for the weights & balances of the soul. ‘Today’s deck is a true Italian curiosity, *La Corte Dei Tarocchi* by Anna Maria D’Onofrio. Terribly difficult to handle and with a faded sepia look, nevertheless this deck managed to enchant me. The style is Byzantine mosaic art and the system is classical. This deck is one of those H. Meneghello oddities that can be so charming, and this one definitely is, while being quite a powerful Tarot deck at the same time. I like it; just don’t count on easy handling.) Well . . . harrumph. It seems as if my Heart has given in a bit to his caprices and is doing Byzantine drag today; not that I begrudge him, I like a little bling, too, but the Byzantines WERE over the top about it. The good side, in dress-up eyes, is that the men were as heavily bejeweled as the women, so everybody got to shine. Our Queen, aka Queen of the Thrones of Earth, sits in Binah on the Tree of Life, and strides between Sagittarius and Capricorn. She is (in) the Waters of Assiah. “She’s the mother of her element, the water in the earth, which makes her the perfect mother, conforming and emotional (Water,) stable and reliable (Earth.) Qualities include kindness and tenderness; good-hearted friendship, & finely-honed instincts and intuitions.” (Me & Raven) You’ll notice she lacks Fire and Air; to the best face on it, let’s say this makes her rather “plodding,” but a finely-crafted queen nonetheless. As for me and Her Maj? My mother was a rich & twisted person, so my role models for women were warped from the beginning, but she and I get along well. I long ago separated “Her”  out of “her,” and She and I get along like a house on fire; with an equal joy we profit from the “cornucopia of the Earth,” even more so her as in many ways she IS the cornucopia of the Earth. I like this Queen as a friend; I disliked being born to her, it was a bad choice I made somewhere along the line, but I presume it had its purpose. These days I can even exhibit the qualities of this good Queen, as I have remarked frequently recently here in the heart of my own family; I have discovered that I am the affective heart of the family, as my wife gives all of her energy to maintaining me at the center of our universe, almost as grand and invisible as gravity. Her role is bigger, but more thankless and less noticed. 
I need to keep that in mind when I am “queening” it around, I think. Speaking of “queening it around,” the Feather of Truth has gone off to try and gild the lily by joining the regalia adorning our friend, VIII Justice. In true Byzantine style, she holds forth in splendor, beauty, and bejeweled magnificence. IF this card has an historical model for the artist, it must be Theodora, Byzantine empress and wife of Justinian, the great Lawgiver of that civilization. She had an interesting history; she was, for all intents & purposes, a whore when Justinian met her in a brothel, fell in love, married her and made her his Empress. She, in return, was ferociously intelligent and pitiless in her drive to power; she happened to turn to be EXACTLY the Empress that Justinian, and Byzantium, needed. She was also tremendously pious, building hundreds of churches and monasteries. A more admirable, role-fitting female power figure isn’t to be found. I have a decent friendship with VIII Justice; we have worked hard on our relationship, to the point where my karma these days is almost instantaneous; meaning, I hope! that any “backlog” I had has been cleared up as-well-as-may-be at this time. AND that the new karma I create (I’m sorry, I can’t help it) Will not be allowed to grow and harden with time. Justice is the Path of Lamed, 22 in the Tree of Life? She is also Venus in Libra, aspected by Saturn. Her Path runs between Geburah and Tiphareth, enlivened by the element of Air. She’s a combination of the High Priestess and the Magician; both are connected - true, conscious action resulting from realization, and producing wisdom. Inner reflection plays its role with appropriate gravity, and aids in the dispensation of equitable rather than blind Justice. In accepting an objective view of all we can find inner balance and silence. Can I incarnate uncompromising honesty and objectivity? Do I grok cause and effect, background and consequence? In my very best moments I am abashedly proud to say yes, I can do that, and I am being reminded to call forth that ability today; it may stand me in good stead. And, because you’ve paid attention this far (LOL) here’s something extra from Raven; “. . . it wasn't Crowley who reversed Trumps VIII and XI (Justice and Strength). If you look at old historical decks, the Justice has been the 8 ever since beginning (sic).” So, that’s the round-up for today, not a bad day, in total; regard the home front and keep the application of Justice in mind during the day; that is all reasonable. I ask the Cosmos today to grant us ALL the ability to apply a bit of Justice to those things in our lives that cry out for its application. Be Well!    




No comments:

Post a Comment