Sunday, June 19, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 20Jun2016 : today my Heart is making money on its belly by crawling on the ground like a snake amongst the 3 of Pentacles, while the Feather of Truth has assumed her aquatic disguise and is playing “dragon frond” on the Infanta (Page) of Cups. (Today’s deck is the *Dragons Tarot* by Severino Baraldi and Manfredi Toraldo. This is one of those decks in my “Do I toss ‘em or keep ‘em?” pile of decks. These are the decks I am now vaguely ashamed to own, as if I had been caught trailing my blankie behind me & sucking my thumb at the age of 64. No thanks. [And BTW, that wouldn’t be vague shame, that would be acute embarrassment . . . if I did it. :)] The problem with these kinds of decks is that you sneer at them in the box, but when you pull them out you start to soften-up. No siree, Bob, not this time. I doubt, honestly, that I shall ever use this one again, so off it goes to a new home. I have other dragon decks I like, if I want to indulge that brand of juvenile behavior. “So Let it be written; So Let it be done!” {{snicker}}.) I’ve got an easy Monday read, so that’s how I’m going to give it to you. My Heart is in a card which at its center signifies, according to this deck’s creator, “commission,” as in the % of a deal. That sounds like obfuscation to me, so let’s see what we can pull from other data:  aka Works; it is in Binah in the Tree of Life, & of course by Earth. Astrologically it is Mars in Capricorn. “The 3 of Pentacles enters Binah, the fields of understanding and perception, initiating the process where the project that began in the 2 of Pentacles is viewed and understood against its surrounding, i.e. in its completion. This is also a card symbolizing the alchemical wedding, in which the alchemical mercury combines sulphur with salt, thus building the living gold (the philosopher's stone). It implies the basic idea of Earth, the crystallization of its powers and qualities, the commencement of matter to be established.” (Raven & me) Well, that seems clear enough; you’ve “birthed” your project; you have a sense of accomplishment and success, but now you need to “take it on down the road, Mark. If you want this to bear philosophers gold anywhere, you still have a lot of work, but enjoy the moment, it is a good one.” Yep, that is just about EXACTLY where the old spiritual ticker is today, the one that looks like it was decorated by a Mexican artist for the Day of the Dead festivities. And that pesky Feather of Truth, where has she gone off to seek? 
Ah, she’s hiding on the dragon’s back, the dragon holding the Infanta of Chalices, aka the Page of Cups. The LWB gives us – ta da! – “attractive youth.” Ahahaha! I’m amazed they still get away with that bullshit! Okay, now we HAVE to turn most definitively away from this deck and look at the theoretical Page of Cups. This Page is Venus in the Water signs, symbolizing Earth in Binah. She resides in Malkuth, and represents the earth in the waters of Briah, an island floating in the groundless seas.” She is far from her father's flames and her mother's depth, and she lacks the researching spirit of her brother. She is of endless tenderness, kindness and lovingness, living on her isle of romance and joy,” or so sayeth the “stroke-your-self-serving-ego” interpretation of the cards.  By Jove’s teeth, the claptrap of virginal fantasy! What she is, is fertile and rich. Artistically inclined, mediumship and deep insight rise and may be gained. S/he is NOT analogous to the Page of Pentacles, who is the Earth of the Earth, as she is the Earth of Water, but that gives her particular ground to tread. This one is going to be about exploring inner worlds, a touch of sensibility in an imaginative and tenuous ambiance. I seriously doubt that this may arise in me today; it is possible, of course, anything is possible, but I rather think that this may be an “outsider,” i.e. someone outside of me for whom “I am waiting.” Perhaps that is why I have a moment to savor the accomplishment in my Heart – I’m waiting. LOL, oh, who knows, that could be absolute crap, that could be absolute truth; the day will “prove the putting,” so to speak. In light of a light Monday and not always being sunk up to my testicles in the Serious Swamps of Tarology, I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a “Day Lite,” give us ALL a break. Be Well!     





No comments:

Post a Comment