Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Trial Run of a new spread that I hope will prove useful in its own way as the Scales of Ma’at have been in theirs. Today is 30Jun2016 and I am going to “try out for the role” – ta da! - The Canopic Jars. This will consist of 4 cards drawn at one pull, read, and then after reading the 1st four, a 5th is pulled, to finish the spread. The 1st four are the Canopic jars: in Egyptian mythology, they are the four sons of Horus; Hapi, the baboon-headed god representing the north, whose jar contained the lungs and was protected by the goddess Nephthys; Duamutef, the jackal-headed god representing the east, whose jar contained the stomach and was protected by the goddess Neith; Imseti, the human-headed god representing the south, whose jar contained the liver and was protected by the goddess Isis, and Qebehsenuef, the falcon-headed god representing the west, whose jar contained the intestines and was protected by the goddess Serqet. The sons of Horus were also the gods of the cardinal compass points. Each god was responsible for protecting a particular organ, 
and was himself protected by a companion goddess. Early canopic jars were placed inside a canopic chest and buried in tombs together with the sarcophagus of the dead. My 5th card represents this chest, which contains and informs the 4 canopic jars, which are the Elements. The Elements follow classical structuring; Earth then Water then Air then Fire. Your 1st card determines the “ladder”; if it is a Water card, then follows Air then Fire then Earth. It is a progression. The 5th card, the Canopic Chest, MAY be equated with Spirit, or it may not be, as the reader intuits. Whichever, it is the “motor” of the reading; also it may well suggest a way forward from the present state, described in the previous 4 cards. This isn’t really an everyday spread; it is meant for those occasional times when all you want to ask the cards is, “Hey, hi there. What’s up with me generally today on all levels?”  One is NOT looking for a deep reading; rather one is looking for a reliable “scan.”  Today I have pulled as my 1st card the Page of Cups, so the progression begins with Water, then Air, then Fire, then Earth and finally, the chest. Here is the entire draw: 1) Page of Cups, 2) 2 of Swords, 3) 0 the Fool, 4) XV the Devil and finally 5) XII the Hanged Man. (Today’s deck is *The Wicked Tarot* by Pamelina H & Marshall Rossi. 
It suffers from the same major flaw as the decks of the Bastard; these oval portrait illustrations are fucking useless. I’m sorry I bought it.) Well, for the most part, I seem to, “more or less,” follow the existing canon with this pull. Starting with my Cups realm, I have drawn the Page (remember: this 1st card defines which Element you start with, and thus your starting point through the 4/5-step ladder[in this instance, Water-Air-Fire-Earth];) emotionally it’s a young and fougueux day, and something new and creative is up and coming. Goody! My next card is in the Air “house” (following Water) and happens to be an Air-suited card, the 2 of Swords. So in the intellectual realm I am at somewhat of an impasse, which happens to be true. I’m dithering over method for my students, but I can & WILL make a decision and move on. In my Fire Element I have drawn 0 the Fool, a surprising invitation to go wild in my creativeness as I fashion this method of interaction with fellow Tarot enthusiasts and students. Let your imagination rip, Mark, you are unencumbered by any past baggage right now, so go ahead, take that first step out into the “Abyss.” 
Then in the Earth Element I have drawn XV, the Devil; LOL, well, if you have to have a card to symbolize the Material and “enslavement to it” or “full enjoyment of it” to “aware usage of its energies” it is a GREAT card to have reigning over the material today – I’ve got no real material worries at the present, everything is in the hands of a Master Materialist who, in fact, wishes me well. And finally, as the Canopic Chest  which not only contains the previous 4 cards but carries them all forward I have drawn XII the Hanged Man. Progress in ALL of my realms, on ALL of these questions and/or statements, I can look to self-sacrifice to further my Journey. That self-sacrifice of course is not of me but of my EGO. The individual MUST die for progress to be made, and a broader identification with man MUST take its place. I say “must,” but of course there is choice. I can choose NOT to progress, and remain an unfeeling turd piled with the rest of the “lumpenproletariat” on Destiny’s doorstep, but I think NOT, thank you anyway. I do not pull XII often, but when I do, I am calm about it; the prospect of self-sacrifice doesn’t frighten me, and the more of my Ego that I can take out of Me the 
better. I have a very hard time understanding anyone who doesn’t understand the precept of “the sacrifice of the one for the many” in any of its forms; altruism should NOT be alien to human nature. As well, I know that I am confident enough in my true self-identity to have no fear of stripping away the vestiges of my ego; it is an amusing, sometimes useful tool, but like any vice can be done without. My vehicle forward from here and what is containing and informing my 4-realm reality at the moment is this self-sacrifice, this ego-stripping of which I thoroughly approve. So there we have it, my dear readers. The 1st run of a new, general layout. It will get better; I will refine it, but it definitely has possibilities! I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL an “in-soufflement” of Inspiration today to carry our chosen projects forward. Be Well!   





No comments:

Post a Comment