Friday, July 29, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 30Jul2016: today my Heart is in VII the Chariot and the Feather of Truth has sought a more stable place with IV the Emperor. (Today’s deck is the *Tabula Mundi: Major Arcana Edition* by M. M. Meleen. Ms. Meleen is something of a mystery; she seems to be known to few people but her closest friends. I have a theory; Ms. Meleen is actually M(elina) M(ercouri) Meleen, the former Greek film actress and then national politician. She has retired from an active life; I believe she is “our” Ms. Meleen, spending her crone-hood cranking out absolutely wonderful, fabulous decks in some garret apartment she has decorated like the temple of the Oracle at Delphi. Hey, it’s a theory, one of many . . . . *Tabula Mundi* is Tarot art & knowledge at its highest and finest. I can say no more than that.) It is a Wowie! Day, I see . . . 2 MA cards this morning. This less than pleases me; I know, I know, picky bastard, but really, it’s just a daily draw and the devil is in the details and I’m being handed two great big universal symbols in return for the little tiny question, “So, hey, wassup, my man Tarot?” Talk about overkill! But as always, there will be a message, so let’s see if we can find it embedded in the body of this Harkonnen soldier . . . oops! wrong trope, sorry . . .  My Heart surfaces out of the waves of Binah gasping desperately in the backwash of the VII the Chariot. Tubing his way to Geburah, as Cancer ruled by the Moon with Jupiter exalted (or, as some GD’ers would have it, Mars in connection with Sun or Mercury.) “As the symbol of the way of the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the outer and inner balance, The Chariot shows a strong will, a strong personality, and at its best, victory and success. But it also is a symbol for controversial power, for contradictions that are not solved, but just controlled . . . one should check carefully whether the desired goal is compatible with one's life and inner self.” (Raven & I)  Here in this deck, however, we have more of a focus and drive towards seeing the vehicle of self pushing forward as it carries the Grail, and “Stay In Balance!” (emphasis mine and we know why – Grin.) On a more personal note, I know that my Heart has been edging towards more of a “Go! Go! Go! Let’s get this show on the road!” kind of stance. We’ve been relaxing at the Pond of Procrastination quite long enough, lovely as Palmreader Springs is, but it’s time to get the vehicle back on the highway. Enough of the questions, I have the responses; it is time to implement them. Get busy, Mark, and carry that Grail, but . . . carefully! (And no “hangin’ 10, dude” . . . you’ve never ridden a surfboard – successfully - in your life!)  Okay . . . “dude.” 
Turning to check on where the Feather of Truth has gone today, I find her self-satisfyingly installed amongst the panoply of IV the Emperor. With Aries on the Zodiac and Mars ruling with the Sun exalted, we’ve got a real “Energy!” card here. As far as this having even the slightest thing to do with my life this morning and the previous card as well, I can see responsibility, order, security & continuity ALL being important in both my day & my life, and I can realize that MOST today here at home working with my materials as well as devoting some time to the home front, which is important to me, too. My marriage doesn’t survive in a vacuum, nor do my friendships. Yet I am also this Emperor in his Aries-ness, I know that already about myself; I would much rather throw myself into the “big” rather than the “small.” But, again, the devil is in the details, and the Emperor cannot sit stably on the cube of Matter without knowing that his foundations have been made to withstand until the end of time. The bees with the Emperor here are a stroke of smile-producing inspiration; not only in their recall of ‘the industrious worker’, but in their mathematical perfection and general metaphysical terminology they are the symbol of the blessed fruit of good, honest labor(as well as immortality & resurrection.) Bees are all sorts of good luck in endeavors & enterprises as well, which is just as well for me, as I start this new enterprise. “King of Kings, seek order from chaos, and act to build a firm foundation for your kingdom. Send forth your seed. Ambition and power are qualities of rulership. The Grand Architect reminds you that planning is necessary [nb - the Masonic paraphernalia] Be not rash and beware arrogance; it leads to the decline of empires and their builders.” (M. M. Meleen, *Book M: Liber Mundi* Atu House, 2015.) On Path 28 of the Tree of Life, from Netzach to Yesod, the Emperor is moving from Victory to Foundation, speaking to the need to establish Stability after Consolidation. This must be at least partly accomplished through Action; there is no purely mental path to follow on this Journey, we must drag our manifestations along with us, kicking and screaming if need be, but coming along they are. That includes our actual physical manifestation, too; in order to “accomplish this IV Emperor” I have to physically get off my butt and start moving about, setting up my physical reality to accommodate this new aspect of my Journey, the “Tarot learning forum” that is forming here under my impetus and my students’ desire. I am trying, and succeeding I hope! to instill in the beginning of this forum the purely investigatory nature of our studies, So far, so good, but we are still at very beginning days, and I am still pouring foundations, Emperor-like, wondering who is playing questionable Shelleyian jokes at my labor’s expense. Ha! I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL the desire to establish strong foundations for all of our works and manifestations today. Be Well!    




No comments:

Post a Comment