Friday, July 1, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 02Jul2016: today my Heart is coving with the 8 of Disks and the Feather of Truth has run off to join the Ace of Disks in his Montgolfier. (Today’s deck is, of course, the *Tabula Mundi Tarot: Nox et Lumia Edition* by M. M. Meleen. Fabulous deck, fabulous accompanying book [there is an LWB as well]. This is a gnostic, deeply learned deck and not for beginners. A new, color edition is on the way next week! that promises to be just as if not more sensational as this one. This is very deep, very good stuff, Maynard!) I’ve pulled a very Earth-y reading today, haven’t I, and that is not usual for me. I almost always have a sword or a wand hanging about. My Heart has fled to cove its secrets with the 8 of Disks. AKA the Lord of Prudence, this minor arcanum is ALL about NOT counting your eggs before they hatch, but doing a good job hatching them all the same. This is the Sun in Virgo (my Sun & Ascendant, BTW) and if there is one thing I DISLIKE it is the necessity of patience. Oh, I can do it, but I don’t like it; my life has been chock FULL of opportunities that begged for and received delay time “in order to teach me patience.” Osiris almighty, Fuck that! As you can see, I haven’t been gracious about learning the lesson, although learned it has been. I think the key phrase for this arcanum from Ms. Meleen’s LWB is “prudent cultivation.” In my younger does I was sure the key phrase was more negative, but now with maturity I feel it as a positive sign, a sign that one has learned to let the wild things grow at their own pace in the fruitful ground that you have prepared (“You DID prepare it, didn’t you? Mark?? Aaah, good, phew!”) I had a wonderful, long talk with my niece yesterday, to whom I haven’t managed to actually voice-to-voice or face-to-face speak in 13 years. She just underwent a life-changing experience, and we were discussing the necessity of having to simply wait for some changes or projects to take effect; for me, at this time, it is the materialization of my mentoring project. Patience, Mark. Plus, with the Sun in Virgo, this reinforces the card’s lesson that “it never hurts to add a little time to your decision-making process, Judge Dredd.” In other words, “Mark, make sure you don’t go off half-cocked, again!” I have a tendency to do that; to believe that I can “see” the Truth shining through the nebulous mist of I’m-not-sure and then go charging after it, guns blazing. Not a good way to react to every situation; in fact, to VERY few situations would that be a proper reaction! Ha! At any rhythm, it is a simple & straightforward lesson; “Cool your jets, Ace! Let Time develop this phase of the project at its own pace (I’m having a hard time with TIME right now; I’ve just come to a literal living with and understanding of Time as simply another illusion. It’s made a hash of my temporal framework, which had seemed so solid! Ha!) Alright, advice heard and taken in for consideration, Thank You. Turning to search for the Feather of Truth, I find her giggling as she joyrides with Harpocrates, Horus’ twin. 
This final Hè of the Tetragrammaton (the 4 Aces = the 4 letters in the name of God: Yod-Hè-Vau-Hè) rules Aries, my astrological Sun sign, and thus of solar importance to me, as well as Europe, my place of residence. The card, “materiality in all its senses,” (LAB = Large Accompanying Book) shows me as a divine Fool, accompanying the mystical work of creation. Perhaps this best explains its status as the *Tacere* Ace, “To be silent.” Discernment, considered inner judgement, keep your trap shut. Those who don’t know talk and those who do, don’t.  Remember the creed, the Oath, the vow by which you live your life now; To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent. The card itself seems to have every possible pertinent symbol crammed in promiscuously, but in fact there is a logic and beauty to it. Sobek, the dove, the Orphic Egg, Harpocrates, the crown of Osiris, the wings, as well as Babalon and the Beast.  It is a LOT to go into and obviously neither time nor space permits divagations here. (I try to limit blog entries to around 1K words and entire time devoted, from lighting the candle to posting the blog, to no more than 3 hours, absolute maximum.) Suffice it to say that with the manifestation of Reality happening here with this Ace, I am advising myself to use my talents to get it up & running, yes, but to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT about it. Not to make a fanfare of it, at all. That I can do, even though it means speaking a lot less of the project here on these pages – I cannot draw arbitrary borders around prudence  to suit my own inclinations, needs or tastes, that wouldn’t be giving myself a fair chance to exercise my talents in the 1st place. Never set up expectation if you can help it, I have learned; and if you do, you’d better have a damn good reason, because they will almost ALWAYS explode in your face. Well, let’s cut it there in line with my own advice to shut the hell up. I talk too much anyway, I know that, and especially with a predilection for pontificating. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL the discernment to know when to keep our mouths shut today and when to speak. Be Well!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment