Sunday, July 10, 2016

Good Morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 11Jul2016 : my Heart today is standing watch with the valiant 9 of Wands while the Feather of Truth has gone to seek justice at the feet of XI Justice, and has found she has to get past an elephant first. (Today’s deck is *The Tarot of Prague* by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahoney. Justly celebrated, it is one of the most beautiful decks in existence. Take a look [at the large-format edition, if you have a choice].) I cannot say I am surprised by today’s draw; it is 2-card visit to the recent past, although I must admit I haven’t seen XI Justice in a couple of weeks. She’s big on me; either she thinks I need a LOT of reminding or she can’t resist my manly charms; I vote for the second, don’t you? Grin. Well, let’s start at the beginning; the 9 of Wands as my Heart card today. I can grok the 9; battle-weary & stressed-out, the soldier is nevertheless battle-ready and prepared to take up arms, again, if need be. He sits in Yesod in the Tree of Life, having arrived by Fire; astrologically he is the Moon in the 2nd decan of Sagittarius. “Now the fiery Wands have reached the happy Nine, the number that reflects on itself, entering the fields of Yesod - imagination and reflection back in the middle of the Tree of Life. Thus the Nine of Wands remembers the own qualities, showing the full powers of the fiery element rising again. So the card shows strength, determination and discipline, preparing itself for the final step to completion.” (Raven) He may (or may not!) see that sometimes absence is the better part of valor and perhaps he needs R&R; not another fight. Oh, I can SO grok this – I can’t really remember a recent day on which I rose not already tired, a bit disillusioned and weary-unto-death of the massive rafts of bullshit that we are expected to swallow each & every day. It took me three years to tinker around and fix all of the possible physical causes of such enervating, constant fatigue; once done, the fatigue remained, and I came to realize that it was an actual physical manifestation of the larger & weightier metaphysical fatigue nesting in my heart & soul. They had to be renewed Big-time, and with the help of hard work, the Tarot and Will I crossed that bridge. I took up my task again with vigor, because of renewed purpose and hope. Now I’m being told, “Stay alert! The trouble hasn’t passed entirely, you know. Even if it has, one must always be alert for new threats from the forces of Chaos. (Chaos workers & magicians, forgive me; you know what I mean! After all, one doesn’t speak of being “attacked by the forces of Logic & Order,” does one? LOL) I feel as if I am in a CONSTANT state of 9-Wandness, but that is undoubtedly exaggerated. I AM hyper-aware, however, of efforts, be they ever so subtle or serpentine, to interfere with or destroy my peace of mind, my evolution, my walking of the Path. I can only hope I am of the appropriate tensility in this; I will not forgive a conscious effort to undermine my progress, but I am overly subject to emotional pleas and disposed towards misplaced generosity. I’m a 50-50 bet if you are planning on “doing me wrong;” I might forgive you, I might not. What can YOU offer to sway judgement towards clemency? I know, I know, that makes me sound like an insufferable shit, and really, I’m not. But being aware of my emotional vulnerability to the personal plea, I at times overcompensate in the “I have no Heart, only Scales” category. All of my being speaks against that, and my Heart wags like a puppy dog’s tail at the thought of being kind.  
Nevertheless . . . finding the fine line between stress & relaxation, between preparedness & the loosening of strictures, between Mercy & Justice is almost too fine for a mortal to walk; but we are asked to try. Turning to find my Feather of Truth, I discover her supplicating at the feet of Justice for her Truth to shine through today. Justice is Venus in Libra, clearly aspected to Saturn, and herself represents Libra. She walks the path between Geburah and Tiphareth, arriving by Air.  Now why the Feather wants Justice to shine particularly brightly today I don’t know, but Justice is never far from my thoughts at all, as it is with her that I constantly struggle for more lenient interpretations, but often lose because I recognize the rightness of her call. According to MS. Mahoney, in the companion book to the deck, Justice + Incarnation = Karma, an idea I find transfixing and quite rounded in its simplicity and wholeness. This may be an older concept, but to see it so neatly expressed is revelatory; I STILL haven’t decided on the verity of reincarnation (although I lean towards “Yes, of course!”), but if one accepts that factor, then the equation is elegantly simple and correct. Justice shows up a LOT around me and in my draws; I can only assume that she isn’t struck unto folly by the charm of my manner and the grace of my countenance, so I have to accept that she is often here because I OFTEN need reminding that I MUST consider her in all things I do; In other words, “Don’t be an ass and hare off on your own, okay, Mark?” And she’s right; I don’t have the faintest idea how to administer, incarnate or BE Justice, any more than I do to be a neutron star.  So, the sad truth is that I still need my Nanny, Justice. As far as nannies go, she isn’t a bad choice. “And that’s the Truth!” I ask the Cosmos today to grant us ALL a finer perception of the workings of Karmic justice in our lives. Be Well!   


No comments:

Post a Comment