Monday, July 11, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 12Jul2016 : today my Heart is sharing a genial and intimate party with the 4 of Cups while the Feather of Truth is thinking of the journey ahead and hoping to greet XVII the Star. (Today’s deck is the *Hermetic Tarot* by Godfrey Dawson & Stuart R. Kaplan. A classic deck, it is a mainstay of the standard hermetic repertoire. I like to use it but unfortunately don’t use it often enough. {{Sigh}} . . . so many decks, so little time.) IT seems my Heart wants to break the walls of silence and get out & socialize a bit. I can’t blame him, we’ve been mainly occupied with me-me-me for a good long while now, and he needs a dose of the “other.” One of the few problems of having a good marriage is that the “pressure” to get out and meet people practically disappears, thus it is terribly easy to become insular in the marriage & quickly grow out of touch. This 4 is the Moon in Cancer, sitting in Chesed, and is aka the Lord of Blended Pleasure. The party is winding down, it’s time to think about cleaning up and throwing out the trash, returning the rental tables and getting on down the Path. 
IT has been wonderful getting together with loved ones & friends from the 3 but now, time to move on; with a good feeling, of course! It is time to get out of R&R mode, Mark, and get back to work and to the Journey. Well, shit . . . I was hoping for a bit more “on-my-butt” time, but that isn’t to be, and to spur me forward, I have added a small-now-but-potentially-awful problem to my bill of health (NO checks, NO CCs, Coin-of-Pain only, please!); Ankylosing Spondylitis. It starts (as it started with me) with general lower back pain . . . innocent enough, right? However, if left untreated, it can go on to “fuse all of your bones into a solid airtight capsule and sending your now-helpless consciousness blasting into space on a one-way journey to the sun” . . . (or something like that, I think. Grin.)  It IS bone-fusion, therefore troublesome & problematic. “Growing old ain’t for pussies,” to tweak an old Bette Davis phrase. This is about reminding me that I still have things to do, and I’m on the dark side of 60, so, “Get off your ass, Mark!” To which I cooperatively respond, “Yeah, yeah, I know, don’t rush me, for Horus sake! Back off!” Turning away from the beginning of that little voice, I seek the Feather of Truth and find it hanging out with XVII the Star; well, I can’t complain about her keeping bad company, at least! AKA The Daughter of the Firmament, she is both Jupiter in Aquarius & Venus in Pisces. Zodiacally she is Aquarius, and is on Path 28 “Tzaddi,” the Hebrew letter standing for “fish hook”, between Yesod & Netzach. She rides a current of Air, and is most commonly symbolized as Hope. 
“The Star is the trump of hope and trust, for the sensitive understanding of cosmic coherence, the intuition that everything is in balance and harmony. It is related to Justice (the cross sum of 17 is 8), but while Justice keeps the balance deliberately, the Star keeps it with feeling. The Star is also called the 'Guiding Light', and is taken as a symbol of the deep realization that the chosen way is the right one, that the end of this way will be a good one, and that there is perfect harmony between the psychical feeling and the physical doing.” (Raven) An-n-n-d “YES! I can see that!” I can, by the way; I can see a future success for mu current project of taking Tarot more widespread amongst my own friends and students here where I live. It has all the intuitive feeling of working well, if I remember to take-it-easy and Don’t Push, Mark! I am trusting my Intuition by greater and greater bounds, and even now I find that I question it less. On the card here I have the Star herself, the 7-pointed Star of Venus with further groups of 7, stars shining above the waters of Aquarius. The Tree of Life is here as well, with its Sephiroth differentiated into tile periods so that schedules can be planned & kept. The dove is there as a sign of mystical attainment and that curious geometrical figure is a mathematical concept of the shape of the universe. Ethereal water from the gold and immortal liquor from the silver, she promises unexpected help. She also represents the hope to reconnect to the Original Self, and is herself, although not pictured as such, an Orphic egg. She is a powerful ally in the Courts of Manifestation, and to have her at your side during the commencement, or re-commencement, of my project means a great deal to me, as she signifies my own positive belief in what I am doing and the rightness of my Path. I feel as if, while not breaking my arm patting myself on the back, I have earned my own “’Atta boy!” on this one; breaking free from Sephiroth XVI with a sizeable chunk of Hope still in my Heart. The Truth may lie here today, but I’ve known it for a little while now; I made the right choice, I chose the right Path. What I am doing now is not only what I am supposed to be doing but what I need to be doing and, as it happens, I love doing it. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a moment of clarity to realize when the party is over and it is time to move on. Be Well!    


No comments:

Post a Comment