Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 21Jul2016: today my Heart is testing his mettle with the 9 of Wands while the Feather of Truth has gone to sit at the feet of a great Jewish mystic in V the Hierophant. (Today’s deck is *Sol Invictus: The God Tarot* by Nick Phillips and Kim Huggens. This deck was sitting in my box of “shall-she-stay-or-shall-she-go?” decks, and upon taking another look at it, I am still torn. The concept and the write-up (Kim) are superb, but the execution of the art work is simple & childish, too amateurish for what this deck is claiming to be – a compendium of Male Deity across time & distance, to give the Divine Masculine equal time with the overabundance of the Divine Feminine present in Tarot. The artwork puts me off, and distracts from the reading for me. O, the other hand, I’m not going to “toss it,” but will keep it boxed in storage with other decks I neither want to use on a frequent basis or oddities that please me but don’t quite hit the mark. It’s a shame, really, because the idea shows GREAT promise.) My Heart is off testing his mettle with the stressed-out 9 of Wands, the Japanese deity Yamato-takeru. I suppose I DO need this rest between battles, the repose while still stressed and awaiting an outcome. I will win, eventually; I am destined to do so. As for the Feather of Truth, she is off sitting at the feet of the “in-chakrized” Jesus of Nazareth. Okay, I give up. I’m finding this trite and tedious and the message uninspiring. Tomorrow, boys & girls. Be Well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment