Saturday, July 30, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 31Jul2016 : today my Heart is lurking in the brambles of the 10 of Wands while the Feather of Truth has gone to our old friend, VIII Justice to balance her friend out. (Today’s deck is *The Wild Unknown Tarot* by Kim Krans. A wonderful, very different deck.) Well, the draw this morning looks right. I’m not going to spend a lot of time belaboring a point; my Heart is weighed down by the illusion of burden; the “burden” of continuing to “do the work” of advancing Enlightenment, not only for myself but for others (in my role of Tarot guide.) I don’t “reasonably” find this to be a burden at all, but apparently my Heart does, as he seems to be squeaking now, as in “the squeaky wheel gets the grease.” (“Little whiner, I’ll teach you! Where’s my belt?” Grin – not really.) I understand his plaint, he’s a lazy fellow “at heart,” & doesn’t really want to have to work, he wants to “emote his way forward.” LOL, sorry, pal, not a chance in Hell of that! It is good to remember, too, that this 10 can represent an attraction to negativity; that is something I must doubly guard against, because I go bad places with it. 
Moving right along at a good clip (no extras today, kiddies – you should all be in church, anyway, flagellating your souls, assuming tons of guilt, and begging a psychotic deity to think of you now & then, right? LOL By Thor’s testicles, I hope not!) we go looking for the Feather of Truth and find her seeking the aid of one of our oldest friends, VIII Justice, (this, despite our quarrel over her address!) She reminds me again that it is ALL a choice, and one that I must make every day, big & small. Our two cats are lovely, but a choice must be made; and once made, defended and held in faith to the utmost of our beings, or until proven wrong & shown the right one. NOBODY (sorry, Francis!) is 100% infallible (I know, him neither) and it behooves ALL of us to remember that as we judge others judging us & yet more others. It’s like a game of “tit-for-tat,” and just as pointless.  But the Judgement spoken of here isn’t the daily, quotidian, you-could-be-wrong kind; this is the kind where you REALLY need to be sure that you’ve done your research and your homework and you KNOW the right choice to make. I am almost always overly sure of myself and my judgements, and every time Justice comes up I am reminded that I need to be just with myself, as well, both for the praise and the blame. IF I’m doing something for the good, I need to say so to myself; if I’m doing something contrary to that, I need to upbraid myself and correct my behavior. Justice reminds me of that today, I believe. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL some insight into our Judgements today. Be Well!  

 

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts....

    The 10 of Wands in this deck shows an obstructed path produced by many wands. On the spiritual path, much knowledge leads to much entanglement. Not a bad thing. It just is. Your job is to thread your way through. As you know from having lived for nearly many decades, there is wisdom all along the convoluted path.

    But sometimes the path is cluttered by too many words, too much thinking, too much desire for clarity and the reward that should have come for being such a faithful student of Enlightenment....

    There is a way through it. Not straightforward, and you cannot see the end. Largely because there isn't one...

    Justice, oh Justice....the illusion of us humans! Black cat, white cat...a firm clear line between light and dark, right and wrong. You freaking wish.

    Beware the black and white of it all. There is nothing in the universe that suggests such firm boundaries between this and that. Your (our) choices are furry and fuzzy, and the only clarity there is lies within the shadow zone between the light and the dark, the good and the bad, right and wrong...

    This is annoying. Like needing new glasses because things don't seem so sharp and clear as they used to. And then you get new glasses and maybe things seem a little bit clearer, but that fuzzy boundary just will NOT sharpen up.

    Damn it, Janet.

    Beware of the black and white siren song of Clarity. Muddle on through; enlightenment is hidden everywhere. In broad daylight, in the darkest nights.... AND in that shadow zone.



    ReplyDelete