Monday, July 25, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 26Jul2016 : today my Heart is keeping sober but elegant company with the Queen of Wands and the Feather of Truth, taking this opportunity of a visit to the Courts, seeks out V the Hierophant for some advice, a game of dice and a glass of ambrosia. (Today’s deck is the *Ludy Lescot Tarot* by – surprise! – Patrizio Evangelisti (you thought it was by Ludy Lescot, admit it! No, she’s fictional.) It’s a straight RWS deck with lovely fantasy-style art. When this deck came out, it made noise as being somewhat scandalous; it escapes me now, I see nothing a-normal about it. It gets a good review from the standard, Aeclectic. I like it; it is nothing special, mind you, but it’s . . . “well, grandma, it’s nice. You’d like it, really.” If it falls into your hands, it’s a good reading deck, quite cooperative; however, if you are going to spend money, put it towards a more daring choice.) Good morning again, I feel like I’m back in the saddle after a couple of days of feeling like shit and not wanting to blog. Today it’s back to the table; and that feels normal. My Heart today has sought out the cool & serene company of the Queen of Wands. It’s an odd choice; while I am often the King of Wands, I have no affinity for this Queen, this Athena sprung full-grown from the brow of Zeus. My wife doesn’t live here, that is a given; my mother was more Queen of Swords reversed and besides, she’s gone, so not her. I’m a bit mystified, but I can identify with my Heart’s need for the cool touch of Athena’s hand and the reasoned sound of her stately tones. She is Aries, and that’s my Sun sign. She’s also rather pitiless, but that is another side that I’m not seeking today; she isn’t looking at where the Feather has gone, she really doesn’t care. She is the Queen of the thrones of flame, sitting in Binah arriving by Water (lots of steam; Water + Fire.) “. . . she is the mother of her element, the emotion and the sensitivity, thus having her attributes of love, understanding and sympathy, her abilities to form and create, spending trust and warmth. The fiery character provides pride, passion, inspiration and powerful independence, her charisma, strength and expansiveness.” (Raven) She can also become an evil-tempered bitch, bearing a grudge forever and ever, never forgetting a perceived slight, real or imaginary. I’m really NOT sure why she is around today at my Heart’s request; I can’t quite figure out what business he thinks he has to conduct with Her Majesty. Well, “on verra” . . . “we’ll see.” 
Turning rather quizzically from meeting the Queen with my Heart, I find that the Feather of Truth has flown to the side of V the Hierophant. Well, I suppose that in the face of one intransigent power on could place the person of another, but I’m not sure that provides anything of real substance other than the loud clash of cymbals, a lot of smoke and the dazzling illusions of a couple of mirrors. I haven’t seen THIS guy for ages! Why the Feather would have recourse to his skill set seems counter-intuitive; I have grown past the need to be a follower, a learner “at the feet of the Master;” now I am a student at the “feet” of the Cosmos, a much larger arena, where I have room to breathe and stretch and Act. Nevertheless, the Hierophant can always circle around to remind one of the need to STAY instructed, to STAY current, and above all to keep one’s head above water when dealing “with the authorities,” especially the “spiritual” ones (however, this warning is useless to me; if there is an underling of ANY religion near me, I immediately smell sulfur and hear the rattles of a snake. Grin.) One of my greatest problems with teaching others (which I have done professionally, as well) is that I have an almost pathological fear of appearing to be someone who takes himself for a Buddha. (That’s an enormous can of worms, I know, but skip it for now.) Coupled with my firm belief that “if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him,” (think about it,) it puts me in an awkward situation; I want to teach, I LOVE to teach, but I dislike the ego side of it (“And the reason, Mark? Eh, the reason, pal?” – yeah, I know, I’m aware of it.) However, knowing two things doesn’t automatically cancel one of them out – there is a reason NOT to teach and a reason TO teach, and while conscious of both, Conscience will not let me be idle; I really NEED to try and get the “Truth” (as I see it, knowing & using the Tarot) out there. My old buddy V the Hierophant is part of it; on the Path of Vau, 16 in the Tree of Life, he is also Taurus, and has the Sun in Sagittarius and Jupiter in Pisces. His Path runs from Chokmah to Chesed, and he is of the Earth. “The Hierophant is a symbol for a world of belief and confession, may it be a church, a sect or an occult society. He's the pope, the druid or the High Priest in a system of creeds and dogmas. He represents the religious and intellectual tradition of a person, and may be the one the person is born to or possibly the one he has chosen himself.’ (Raven & I.)  Be that as it may, he is not my master, but he may serve as a traveling companion for a bit while I update my database, something I desperately need to do. (Books, treatises, books, manuals, books, videos, books . . .) So there we have it for today; a snobbish Queen “cuts” the Hierophant at Court, causing him, in best Moses-style, to pick up his tome of apocrypha and threaten to abandon the people of Israel who . . . wait, wait; wrong fable! Sorry! (Grin.) “Keep it light, Reggie. The rubes don’t appreciate a smartass.” “Yes, Ruby dearest.” Today I ask the Cosmos to gift us ALL with a look at the lighter side of our lives with a good laugh. Be Well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment