Monday, July 4, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 05Jul2016 : today my Heart is sitting at the feet of the Queen of the Court of Love (the simp,) the Queen of Cups, while the Feather of Truth has bypassed the incarnation of the Heart’s inamorata and gone to the Source itself, the Ace of Cups. (Today’s deck is, of course, the *Thoth Tarot* of Aleister Crowley & Lady Frieda Harris. I do use it, quite often, but like to wander far afield in my search for new Tarot. But this First & Original of the ‘Ordo Templi Orientis’ is ALWAYS “Something Else!” An absolute essential in your armory.) Well . . . wow! I’m spending the day in the Supernal Triangle, it seems! With the Ace in Kether and the Queen in Binah, that most logically leaves me to fill the role of Chokmah as best I can, which certainly isn’t an old, well-rehearsed role for me, although the Fire and masculine Yang energy is usually something I have in abundance. In fact, to have drawn this particular reading is highly unusual for me; ALL in the field of Emotion, and if anything, the two principal actors in the Court of Cups, the Ace & the Queen, although technically the Ace isn’t a member of the Court, but the entire suit in itself, “at-the-entry-point-of-manifestation” into Malkuth. My Queen of Cups today strides from Gemini to Cancer and IS the element Water in the Waters of Briah. Given this draw, I am highly motivated to cast the Queen as someone outside of myself; I am hardly capable of manifesting that kind of pure, pure emotional energy. As a matter of fact, I would have to place that ‘nexus of energy’ outside of an avatar today and cast it AS energy between myself and someone in my life. The fact that following this interpretation leads me directly from Binah to Kether and the top of the Tree of Life, I have always believed that if the Universe can take a straight line from point A to Point B, it rarely does so, but it can if it wishes. There is something here that I know is just beyond my grasp in this conjoining with the Queen to arrive at the Truth of today, the Ace in Kether. My ‘Queen of the Thrones of Water’ “is the purest manifestation of the soul of the Waters. Thus she represents pure emotion, passion, and feeling, never influenced by judgement or purpose. She is loving and affectionate, a warm-hearted mother and a tender friend, looking into the depths of the heart. On the darker side, the Queen of Cups lacks the stability of the Earth, the will of Air and Fire. Water in water is all passivity and has no powers of its own, but makes a perfect transformer of any other power coming along.” (Raven) As I knew/suspected, this is sounding more & more like my wife, but I could be mistaken. She is a very “Zen-like person,”  so to speak, and as far as I know never operates at the extremes; she is, however, exactly as described above, but lacking any element of Will, as her Journey has taken her on a very old & hoary traditional path that few follow any more. I always leave her to it; her Journey is not my affair unless she asks for my aid. 
Turning to find the Feather of Truth, I see it basking in the mist of the glorious waterfall streaming out of the Ace of Cups. As I have already said, the Ace is aka The Root of the Powers of Water. “She” sits in Kether on the Tree of Life, Kether being the Eternal, the Spiritual, and the Ace being the source of the soul. It is, therefore, ALL the signs of Water. “The Ace of Cups shows the way deep into our soul, to detect beauty and trust. It stands for the sources of love, for growing feelings, the desire for a relationship or the readiness to have a friend. Referring to the Kaballah, the Ace of Cups is attached to Briah - the world of pure feeling and sensitive intention. It is the female counterpart of the Ace of Wands, representing the female element water as a sign for devotion and care. The card also tells that the beauty and the ugly are two poles belonging together. Without shadow, there's no light - and mud is needed to make liliths (sic – did s/he mean lilies? This is inadvertently appropriate, though!) blossom.” (Raven) With a desire to subsume into another, with sympathy & devotion, a friendship or passion may be born – although I feel neither on the horizon at the moment. Valhalla knows, however, that could be wrong; like the living god that I am, I hate to admit that, but it is true. Grin. (Believe me truly on this: We are ALL living gods; it’s just a matter of degree.) If there were to be any downside to this, which I don’t see at the moment, it would be an alteration, diffusion into irrational thinking & abysmal loneliness. Woof! – Happily, that isn’t what I feel in it today for myself – but the “positive” alternative seems, at this moment in the illusion of Time, a complete and utter mystery. “On verra,” as I am wont to say when I have no clue whatsoever (– Grin.) “The sun is setting slowly, I understand its dignified resistance to the night. Softly it descends behind the wintry trees and gently impregnates the pond with golden light. Just like the ace of cups, an ancient symbol for the dawn of life, When God made love, and gave his essence to his child, the universe.”  By Patrick William Kavanagh; a lovely small poem about the subtle but profound effect the Ace can have on ALL facets of your life, and participating by drinking from that River is to participate in the love of the Divine. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a chalice of love and consideration today; to give if we can, to accept if we have need. Be Well!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment