Thursday, July 7, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 08Jul2016 : today my Heart is jumping on the Scales, worried about serving itself with the Ace of Swords and the Feather of Truth, not wishing to witness the scene of remonstrance has fled to take shelter under V the Hierophant. (Today’s deck is, of course, *The Alice Tarot* by Alex Ukolov and Karen Mahoney. A wonderful deck; its fey character serves the Arcana very well.) My little overdressed Heart is having a grand old time laughing and trying to mend the Mad Hatter’s watch with butter, while thinking of furiously clever ideas – or so the card could be wildly interpreted. That is a conflation of two meanings for the card, Alice’s and the traditional. While normally I am all for going with a gnostic, arcane answer for interpretation, today I intuit that, quite frankly, I’m on the page where the watch is buttered. I’m feeling less than on top of my game intellectually, rather drifting witlessly through a fog, waiting for the mental gears to assume their correct alignment so we can get this machine on down the road. 
Alice’s LWB meaning is stated as: “An attempt to get things going that doesn’t entirely work out; a seemingly clear action that ends up causing some muddle or confusion; following clear instructions – but make sure you do get them correct; lateness or mistiming.” That sounds more like where my head is at this morning, and I can’t even be bothered to look up all of the correspondences to see if there is a clear reason why this is so at this moment in (illusory) Time. I am going to need to foggily think this out until I can arrive at a clearer answer. Turning to locate the Feather of Truth for today, I see it tucked away amongst the gills of the mushroom upon which suits V the Hierophant. Here the traditional & “Alician” meanings aren’t too terribly far apart, although Alice adds a kind of mystification to the ambiance; there is the sign of “cryptic or puzzling information.” Well, I cannot speak to that, but I can understand the card, and my interpretation of it today: with muddy thinking arising in the 1st card, I believe that today is best spent in reading and adding to my store of gnostic &/or metaphysical knowledge. I enjoy learning; I always feel it is time well-spent. I’m just hoping that what I may learn today isn’t too powerful a hallucinogenic (the mushroom) that the knowledge cannot be absorbed and fit into place. Ah well, don’t borrow worry, Mark, it is completely useless. Today I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a day of learning and adjustment from the foggy to the clear. Be Well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment