Friday, July 15, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to the Scales of Ma’at for 16Jul2016: today my Heart is looking for material comfort and finding it in the 9 of Disks while the Feather of Truth has looked beyond to see the principle of self-sacrifice being at the heart of the Truth today in XII the Hanged Man. (Today’s deck is *The Röhrig Tarot* by Carl W.-Röhrig and Francesca Marzano-Fritz. It is a legendary deck, and with good reason – it is stunningly accurate, gives in-depth readings quite easily and the cards are literally art “keys” to other dimensions & thoughts & ideas. I find it a marvel with which to work, and there is always something new in the spreads. Availability can be spotty, so if you see one for a reasonable price in ANY language, buy it quick! before someone else does. The deck follows the Thoth /Crowley schema, no kings but knights & queens, princes & princesses, but it leaves the Majors untouched [with VIII and XI in their correct places! Harrumph!] from the old format. Curious, but it produces great reads.)  My Heart seems to be feeling the need for reassurance today, of the touchy-feely kind, material reality. Why I’m not sure, although I’ve noticed that both my wife and I are feeling extremely self-satisfied with our rapport and the general state of health of our marriage/friendship. We have almost enough money (!=, we have energetic, upbeat & lively friends, we have 3 cats we adore, and we live in Montpellier, France, 5 minutes from the Mediterranean and 150 light-years from the stress of Paris or the like. Damn! We lead fortunate & blessed lives, available to a very small percentage of the human race. We remember t grateful for our lives every so often, and in truth we DO know how fortunate we are, but you can’t go around all day in a state of “émerveillement” (starry-eyed wonder) at the fabled and privileged dream in which one lives. My Heart wants reassurance that in the middle of this dream it isn’t all going to fall apart and we find ourselves in some gritty film-noir version of living-on-a-retirement-income-in-France. Our 9 of Disks is AKA Gain, sitting in Yesod in the Tree of Life, being connected to the Earth. Astrologically he is Venus in Virgo (although you couldn’t tell that from the ménage à trois walking off into the sunset.) “The 9 of Disks have reached Yesod, the fields of imagination and reflection, but also of foundation, and in the latter the Disks meet their happiest realms. Fully satisfied with themselves, they settle down comfortably and gather in the crops, the well-earned rewards for good accomplishment, while enjoying the shining charm of Venus putting everything in (a) sweet light. The card can also stand for health or successful convalescence after illness or injury.” (Raven & me.) YES on the surgical recovery, than Hathor! However, on the whole, I believe this card to be a statement from my psyche that I need to take some time and calm down “someone’s” jitters. I can get a bit wrapped around the axle if I think that that our material reality has taken a shitty turn because of inattention. So, I’ll “pop my head in” and check on the stability of things on that level, although I am 99.9% sure that it is all okay; we are financially sound and there are no unpleasant surprises on the horizon. 
Turning from the flow of gain from the 9 of Disks, I look for the Feather of Truth and find her shading the brow of XII the Hanged Man. XII is on the Path of Mem, #23 in the Tree of Life. With Uranus (neutralization) and Neptune (spirit of sacrifice) & the 12th House as a symbol for metamorphosis through isolation and knowledge. His Path goes from Geburah to Hod, on the element of Water. “The Hanged Man is a symbol for the turning points in life, showing up a need to stop and assess a situation. We're hanging in the air until we find a new view of the things around us, a proper way to rearrange or restart. But the Hanged Man is a 'silent' card - there's no pressing need for change. No big change is waltzing towards us - we can peacefully keep on hanging and complaining.” (Raven) I can understand the Feather of Truth being here today; after all, it is almost the diametrical opposite of my Heart today: states of happiness over gain versus a spirit of self-sacrifice and the voluntary loss of EVERYTHING. Cute little juxtaposition the cards have dealt me today; basically, the Truth is rather kindly telling me that my Heart has its aorta up its ass and that reassurance of the material isn’t important, the death of the ego is. IF you’ve read my ruminations on XII the Hanged Man before, you know I rather like the card and it holds NO fear for me; I have no problem of self-sacrifice for the greater good, & in this case the beneficiary of the greater good is my forward journey on the Path, and hopefully some side-line benefits from taking a less materialistic approach, something I always try to do. On a more personal and applicable level, today’s card speaks to the need in me to recognize certain truths about some of my relationships (yes, I know which ones, and with whom) and be ready to “sacrifice my own interests” in our friendship(s) for a clearer, greater good, of whom the beneficiary isn’t directly me. In other words, make the sacrifice without expecting or hoping for reward, just make it in Trust in the Path and the Will of the Universe. Faith doesn‘t hurt, either, no matter what your concept of divinity; but that is a personal choice. I ask the Cosmos today to bless us ALL with a sense of the usefulness of the death of our egos and the subsequent people we become. Be Well!   


No comments:

Post a Comment