Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Good morning and Welcome to the Scales of Ma’at for 02Aug2016 : today my Heart is profiting from a young man who is in a heads-over heels position, the 4 of Cups reversed, while the Feather of Truth seeks comfort, repose and a sense of rightness in XIV La Genie du Soleil/Temperance. This will be another short entry today; I am going through a period of inexplicable severe fatigue, and can hardly keep my eye open to write; I nap 2 - 3 hours a day but never actually sleep, it is disconcerting, and too many “white nights” takes away a lot of your contact with reality. Ha! not that I’ve been oppressed by my contact with reality lately, but it becomes “less important” the more tired you are, right?  My fatigue is most likely due to a cocktail of drugs the doctors have me on for now, and the foreseeable future, I’m afraid. µIt’s great on one hand for Trot work, it lends itself easily to contemplative intuit, but on the other you are fairly useless most of the day. (Today’s deck is the *Egorov Tarot: Gold Edition” by Alexander Egorov. Wonderfully colored and influenced by the Orthodox Church, it is a lovely deck, with an exotic Mediterranean, East European, Asian steppes kind of art & feel to it. Imagine murals depicting the victory of Ivan Grozny (Ivan the Terrible) over the Tartars at the Siege of Kazan in 1552. For my Heart today, this means that my Will to manifest my thoughts is present, and I can see the possibilities, but I’m lacking confidence and doubt the outcome. Boy, is that on target. I DO spend an inordinate amount of time mentally wiring the issue of failure over and over again. The 4 is in Scorpio ruled by Jupiter, sits in Chesed and when reversed is opposed by Mars in Taurus. None of these is a good sign – my Moon is in Taurus, & she doesn’t “hook up” well with this opposed energy. This makes for a drifting, sliding type of inaction that must be overcome if one is to continue the Journey, and I can do that. I just need to rise up out of the lethargy of inaction and get my ass in gear. 
Okay, I’ll see if I can’t do that today? Turning to look for the Feather of Truth and I find her hiding in the wings of the Genius of the Sun. “Genius” isn’t necessarily ultra-high IQ scores on an arbitrary test; it can also mean “the supernatural incarnation of an idealized being meant to incarnate all of the values and moral stances of whatever grouping or organization it represents.” As in the statue of the martial young “revolutionary” woman named ‘Marianne’ being the “genius of France,” the representative of the “soul” of France. (For the republic; for the “Ancien Regime”, it was more of a St. Jeanne d’Arc thing and for some still is.) The “Temperance” card in this deck stands more for diversity and individuality; why the creator came to that position is unknown, and it’s a little hard for me to make the mental jump, but I suppose I CAN see it if I push hard enough. I don’t totally agree, but I’ll keep my beak shut, for now. The LWB gives the upright this: “Harmony in relations with people. Successful combination in work with other people. Lucky circumstances. Ability to unite the right people for any enterprise.”  About the only item I can heartily endorse in that rundown is the word “harmony. “I will FOREVER and EVER consider Temperance to be more of the RWS system version; it works better for me, logically to have it work in the alchemical sense than in this floating good luck charm. IT’s a pretty card, but I can’t swallow the interpretation they want to give it; I shall stick with my own when reading this deck, thank you. So, in that case XIV Temperance, my OLD buddy, has shown up yet again. Basically telling me to be sure and remember how to make a blended, and thus livable, situation out of any situation in which I my find myself Temperance has a VERY strong alchemical foothold in my mind, and I can’t toss it out for some random goody-two-shoes interpretation. So, I’ll take the card to my Heart in MY version of XIV Temperance, and not as my sugar daddy. (Besides, I always wanted to BE the sugar daddy, not have one controlling my life!) In accordance with the cards today, I ask the Cosmos to grant us ALL more courage and stick-to-it-iveness today when it comes to moving from meditation to action and needing to temper absolute states of being. Be Well!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment