Thursday, September 1, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 01Sep2016; I have started the month with a simple Goal/Opposition draw for the day. I had planned to have my new idea ready for presentation today, but it isn’t; I hope to debut it to you soon! This morning I have drawn as Goal: the Prince of Swords and as Opposition: the Ace of Disks reversed. (Today’s deck is, of course, the *Thoth Tarot* by Aleister Crowley & Lady Frieda Harris. This copy is billed as “the original German edition with original coloring,” and yes, it isn’t as “electric neon” as some of the issues out there, but other than that, it is simply a Thoth deck. No Philosopher’s Stone falls out of the box when you open your oh-so-special original. Damn. Oh well, win some lose some. Grin.) Let’s get this vehicle on down the road, shall we?
As my goal today, I have drawn the Prince of what I consider my native suit, Swords (although I have a strong affinity for Wands, weaker for Pentacles and finally, weakest affinity of all, Cups.). Remember that in a Thoth deck the Prince stands in place of the Knight in a RWS deck, while in Thoth the Knight = the King. Sort of, LOL. The Prince of Swords, AKA the Prince of the Chariot of the Winds, sits in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. In astrology he strides from Capricorn into Aquarius. He is Air in the Airs of Yetzirah (Kabbala, Tree of Life; Sephira; Yetzirah is one of the four worlds of the Elements on the ToL.) “Being Air in Air, the Prince of Swords is the pure manifestation of mind and intellect, full of plans and ideas which on the worst side may disturb and confuse each other, on the best create an inexhaustible spring of creative thoughts. The Prince of Swords is intelligent, idealistic, full of creativity and fluidity, a real Mercurian spirit who often will argue just for the fondness of arguing - and not so much for the arguments themselves. The Prince of Swords can throw himself head over heels into a scientific research, reaching highest levels within a short time and then throw everything away without further notice because something else appears more interesting at the moment.” (Raven) Yeah, basically most of that. Excuse me, but I am feeling intellectually lazy today, as well as having an herbal hangover. I don’t drink, but I do smoke, and last night we attended an “Au Revoir” party for a dear friend who is moving away with his daughter. Thus, “hangover” this morning. After I finish today’s blog, I shall seek out hair-of-the-dog, but I make it a FIRM policy Chez Miller to not ever, EVER, read in an altered state, for a serious reading. Goofing around okay, but really, deep inside I feel even then “c’mon, don’t abuse the cards, man.”  At any rate (as I climb down off of my high horse), my Goal is anchored in my head this a.m., and I can live with that. I had better be able to live with it; my Opposition is the Ace of Disks reversed. Ugh.
AKA the Root of the Powers of Earth, this ace, as they ALL do, sits in Kether in the Tree of Life; it is Kether through Earth and in astrology is all the signs of the Earth. “The Ace of Disks represents the entity of the element Earth, the beginning of Assiah, the material world of making. It stands for the pureness of the element, and also for its seed, the first little sprout that later becomes a tree. So the Ace of Disks can stand for the beginning of a material subject, this can be a physical project or a material value, which could mean the urge to material creation or the chance for material gain.. But, the Disks not only represent plain materials, but the entire world of Assiah, the actual, physical earth of daily life, and the actual, physical body of the human being. This implies home and profession, daily works, familiar bondings, health and well-being in common. And in this context, the Ace of Disks tells us that something will be created, something will begin.” (Raven) Yes, okay, I know that, but this is reversed, which means I am (supposed to be) feeling shadows of old avarice, dissatisfaction with current material circumstances, and that “something was born but is not allowed to grow.” (Ibid) Again, yeah, almost. The TRUTH of it is this morning I am feeling “disinclined” to materialization of anything; I don’t WANT to start materialization on anything for the moment, my grey matter is feeling decidedly out of sorts today, and only time  & my body’s cleansing mechanisms will take care of it. Coupled with my Goal card today, it seems that I shall be spending the day in my head and NOT in action, even of the Will/materialization kind. Today is a day to “think deep thoughts,” mull things over, turn mu ideas over and around in my mental sight, as if I am examining a jewel with a jeweler’s loupe, checking out & testing theories and ideas on a “Run that simulation, Mr. Spock” basis. In other words, “I’m building castles in Spain” today, a French expression meaning to build elaborate mental fantasies and enjoy them, then regretfully watch their dissolution as so many wisps of vapor. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL the patience and necessary calm to sit still and re-source when we know we need to do exactly that. Be Well!    

No comments:

Post a Comment