Thursday, September 15, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 16Sep2016: today I am helping out the One-Legged Man (2-card spread) by being given the Ace of Swords reversed as my main “leg” (support & guiding star) of the day, and the Queen of Coins serves as my boost up if I need it. Today’s deck is *Les Tarots Egyptiens* par A. Taccori et L. Tuan. It’s a curious creature; it has an « Egyptian-deck style » coupled with a Tarot de Marseille system in a kind of “best of both worlds” effort. I’m not sure it is successful, but I enjoy reading with it as it is fun and “violates” the established systems. (If something comes from the “rebel” zone I am sure to take it up, however briefly; the irony lies in the fact that my own well-being lies in the heart of the “Establishment” and its well-being.) Well, enough about me; let’s talk about me, shall we? Mwuahahaha! As my “leg” today I have drawn a mighty “leg” indeed, the Ace of Swords rx. Quick facts: AKA The Roots of the Powers of Air), he sits in Kether in the Tree of Life, by Fire. In astrology he is ALL of the signs of Air. He is the origin and beginning of the world of Yetzirah. Good news! I’m pregnant! LOL, of course I am not, but that is one of the signs of creation carried along by this Ace, as you may see in the tiny print. It also says there will be good harvests and obstacles will be overcome. Good thing, because upright it’s all about catastrophe (remember: ACCORDING TO THIS DECK.) Naturally I’m not going to take the print on the card as the milk of Truth and shall instead interpret the card myself. The interpretation of this Arcanum is woefully one-dimensional, speaking mainly of . . . . wait for it . . .  warfare. This leaves out about 90% of the relevant material about this Ace. In the LWB of Ms. Tuan that accompanies the deck, one gets a whole raft of fortune-cookie advice and blahblah about this card. It IS a deck creator’s choice, one assumes, and NOT signifying a Bambi mentality, one hopes. Nothing is quite as much of a letdown as a beautiful deck with a shitty book, but there you have it. For me today, I see this “ploughshare” more along the lines of a “seed of the intellectual power, the origin and beginning of the airy world of Yetzirah, which implies thinking, analyzing, realization through logic and the mind. Like every Ace, it represents the unstructured primary matter of its suit, the undifferentiated unity; therefore the Ace of Swords is the beginning of thinking, a first idea, a first thought or impulse from the mind and the essence of the element of Air. So the card can stand for a first idea or realization, a new view of things, or simply tell us that we should let our mind work rather than following our emotions only. It also reminds us that the Ace is only the seed, which it needs growing and experience to proceed.” (Raven) I’m still in the throes of “birthing” my new idea for the presentation and “transferring” (rather than “teaching”) of the Tarot to any who wish to learn from me. This Ace signifies significant progress being made today, IF I take it up, and now that I know it has a green light inside my head I think I WILL spend the day working on a couple of Tarot projects and/or spreads. So, good news and good deal, Ogilvie; break out the caviar and champagne. So, moving along, (“move along, folks, move along. Nothing to … DON’T TOUCH THAT SEVERED HEAD! . . . that’s right, keep moving . . .”) 
In case I need a boost during the day or “help up” so to speak (you don’t mind, do you? After all, I’m a one-legged cripple toda . . . HEY! GETCHER ASS OUTTA MY PARKIN’ SPOT!”) At any rate {{sigh}} the place to look or the person to go to is the Queen of Coins/Disks. This card has a very specific meaning for me, which I shall divulge further on. Here are some facts: the Queen of Disks AKA Queen of the Thrones of Earth, sits in Binah in the Tree of Life. She is the Water in the Earth of Assiah, and in astrology she strides from Sagittarius to Capricorn. Now let’s look at her a little differently; “The higher octave of the two, consequently covering the Sixth house and demonstrating the features of the noble Virgo-type. So this must be a woman always inclined to help and to serve, to make herself useful, a nurse perhaps, a household woman of good standing a good hostess. There are also qualities of science in this house, as it is the house of the Academy and Minerva. So she may be as an incarnation of Minerva herself, protecting science and craftsmanship as the Dame of Wands protects the arts. She must have many qualities and above all refinement, though she may suffer more or less from the evil--so far as it can be called--of doubt, and the difficulty of choosing between many possibilities in her nature.” (A. E. Thierens, *The General Book of the Tarot*, 1930 [!!!]) Or really, if you want to boil it down, the Queen of Disks is “kind and tender, friendly and good-hearted, she has fine instincts and intuitions. She is strong and sensitive, protects her house and family and cares as well for emotional and material well-being. She is calm and practicable and can be a good, industrious worker. Beneath the calm surface, the Queen of Disks can tend to lust and debauchery, fond of intoxicating stimulants, but she keeps it hidden. At the best, she will know that the dose makes the poison - at the worst, she won't.” (Raven) To me this card has represented in the pasta particular woman for me, a great-aunt who went FAR out of her way to be my “Auntie Mame” all of my young life, until the age of 35. Anna was her name, and she was truly a bodhisattva for me, although for others she was what the French would call “caractérielle” . . . ! Ha! And it was true, but not with me. She supported, urged and financed my entire life from the age of 13 onwards, through the difficult years with family and on into adulthood with the confidence that can only come from an assured source of funding. She was very rich. As a result, I have a great deal of “luck” when it comes to Queens of Coins, just as every single Queen of Swords in my life, and they are legion, is in one way or another a 24 carat bitch. I mean that in a good way. LOL. About the closest I can come to that NOW in my immediate circle is my wife, without (Alas!) the money. Grin. My wife is a GOOD woman, and I can never render her justice enough to depict the gentleness and bounty of her soul. If it is not her, however, then I can presume it is a call to that particular expression, or nexus, of energy to be raised forth on MY part in order to deal with any momentary blockage to my assisted climb over the wall. Alright, I can certainly do that, having been raised to do so by one of the first and greatest of the Witch Queens, my mother. Grin. I ask the Cosmos for “the patience of the pitiless” today for ALL of us, that we may KNOW we shall overcome and have the patience to see it accomplished. Be Well!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment