Thursday, September 22, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 23Sep2016 ; today I am again using the Two Pillars and I have pulled the 8 of Wands as Boaz and XXI The World as Jachin.(Today’s deck is the *Tarot Naught* by [Mark] Case Watson. Although I am showcasing this second, after the *Tarot of Nightmares*, I believe it is actually the 1st in Mark’s trilogy of dark decks. The third I shall showcase at the end of this “Shadow exercise.”)  Again I have asked the cards to “throw me into Shadow” today to spend a little “dive time.” Well, they have done that, and with a vengeance. Were I reading these cards for anyone at any other time for any other reason, I could do it without problem and one hopes with some insight, inspiration and Intuition, that I could relate it closely to the Querent, or lead the Querent to make hir own conclusions guided by me. Even were I reading these for myself, in a “normal” fashion, I could do that just that much easier because the message is very clear, IF I hadn’t asked for a Shadow Reading. To tell you the truth, I am a bit flummoxed here. This is such a deceptively normal reading, and yet it is being given to me for a reason, and I k now my draws, this one had dead serious intent, there was no humorous or self-delusional vibe going down at all. I’m going to rely on my Intuition for this Shadow reading, and I am “moved” (like a planchette on a Ouija board, I’m just a tool of the Truth . . .LOL Ahahahahahaha, and if you believe that, let me tell you about this bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale . . . .) to look incisively at the factoids of each card and then consider them from one of the best Shadow Guides out there, if you look for it therein, Aleister Crowley’s *The Book of Thoth.* Okay, let’s put the pedal to the metal and see what kind of scorch marks have been left on the Yellow Brick Road, shall we? First, let’s consider the Boaz (Strength) card drawn, the 8 of Wands (and, BTW, I love this illustration; one WOULD be a tad “pressed” to be swift of movement if one were facing down what looks like Abaddon, the Great Devourer.) AKA “Swiftness” in the Thoth system, it sits in Hod in the Tree of Life, arriving by Fire. Astrowise, it is Mercury in the 1st decan of Sagittarius. “With the Eight of Wands the element of Fire enters Hod, the realm of intellect and logic, ruled by Mercury - thus an area much to its delight. Swiftness is what is demanded in here, decisive action in high speed modus.” (Raven)  The Shadow side of this card is rashness, thoughtlessness, rapaciousness, insolence & jealousy. A warning? Don’t become a real ass about something later on today; or in general? Hmmm. Let’s look at Crowley; “The remaining three cards of the suit belong to Sagittarius, which represents the subtilizing of the Fiery energy; and Mercury rules the card, thus bringing down from Chokmah the message of the original Will. The card also refers to Hod, splendor, in the suit of Fire, whence it refers to the phenomena of speech, light, electricity. The pictorial representation of the card shows the Light-wands turned into electrical rays, sustaining or even constituting Matter by their vibrating energy. Above this restored universe shines the rainbow; the division of pure light, which deals with maxima, into the seven colors of the spectrum, which exhibit interplay and correlation. This card, therefore, represents energy of high velocity, such as furnishes the master-key to modern mathematical physics. It will be noted that there are no flames; they have all been taken up into the wands to turn them into rays. On the other hand, the electric energy has created intelligible geometrical form.” (*The Book of Thoth* A. Crowley.) So, Mark, don’t be a “high-velocity ass,” buddy. Grin. I’m not sure about that, but then, not really grokking this, I’m giving it a light spin. I understand the Shadow side of the next card, our Jachin, quite well, thank you. 
And the Shadow side of XXI the World is quite simply “Delusion.”  Delusion about having reached XXI, perhaps, or delusion about one’s own progress or place on the Path. Or perhaps just delusion-AL about the level of veracity in one’s observations of both objective & subjective phenomena – for “delusion” simply means “to willingly give oneself an illusion that something one hopes to be is as he/she wishes it to be. Ultimately a self-serving action that is corrosive to oneself and the desired goal. Okay, the World-s factoids are: She is on the Path of Tau, #32 in the Tree of Life. Influenced by Neptune as the cosmic omniscience and Pluto as central power of creation, she is actually Saturn, going from Malkuth to Yesod, and is of the Earth. Whereas this card is normally the “end and completion of the Major Arcana is the symbol for the zenith of development - the achieved goal,” (Ibid) in a Shadow presentation it must stand for false visions and “being on a street to nowhere.” Here is where it is best to read what Crowley has to say about her (the Universe); "We are come unto a palace of which every stone is a separate jewel, and is set with millions of moons. And this palace is nothing but the body of a woman, proud and delicate, and beyond imagination fair. She is like a child of twelve years old. She has very deep eyelids, and long lashes. Her eyes are closed, or nearly closed. It is impossible to say anything about her. . . . This is the daughter of BABALON the Beautiful that she hath borne unto the Father of All. And unto all hath she borne her.” (Ibid) Well, as far as shadow figures go, the daughter of Babylon the Great will serve as well as any. Despite the centuries of misunderstanding heaped upon and incrusting the metaphysical truth enshrined in the Virgin/Sacred Whore mythos, she still stands forth as Sophia in any light in any system. Thus I can take comfort in that – whatever giddy, carnivalesque day this may turn out to be, Isis/Sophia shall still be in the neighborhood, ready to help if I need her. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a dose of grace and cooperation when the kaleidoscopic delusional whirl of the world becomes overwhelming. Be Well!   


No comments:

Post a Comment