Monday, September 26, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 27Sep2016. Today I’ve decided to use the Not-So-Holy Family spread again and the 3 cards I have drawn are: 1) 4 if Reels (Pentagrams) standing for me & my desired goal today 2) XVII the Star, symbolizing where my aide lies today, and 3) XVIII the Moon, standing for my challenge or blockage or lesson for the day. (Today’s deck is the *Tarot of the Dead* by Monica Knighton. It is of the genre of a take-off on the skeleton theme; however, it is not intended to be frightening. It was in rotation, and I can *just* barely connect it with today by considering my coming back from my Shadow voyage as a kind of rebirth, and thus in strange, inverse logic well-represented by a skeleton. Sort of, kind of, maybe. Ha!)  Well, let’s get on with it, shall we? So, I am represented today by the 4 of Reels (Disks, Pentagons) in what I can’t help but think of “the Marseille style.” And THUS, this card warns of feelings of “stinginess or greed, of insecurity and fear of want.” (LWB) “Well, campers, that ain’t where I’m at today, so I’m sorry there, Madame Blavatsky, but you can shove that up your keister!” I COULD be represented by its reversal, however, which is “Generosity, openness and acceptance.” That COULD be my goal today, and MUCH more in line with who I am. Perhaps what is most important here today isn’t the divinatory addenda, but the factoids: It is on the Tree of Life in Chesed through Earth, and Astrowise, it is the Sun in the 3rd decan of Capricorn. If there is one thing I’m NOT, it is stingy or greedy or insecure in that manner. So, with GREAT latitude & reservation I shall say that the reversal of this card was meant but was “misturned.” Moving on (“quickly, hurry up! We’ll be caught!!”), I am much more interested by whom/what is my aide, my helpmeet and then our troubled/gifted/complex/deadweight child, XVIII the Moon. 
(Any of those adjectives, depending on the circumstances & cards; but not all at once! LOL! It doesn’t represent Stephen Hawking Miller!) Next up is my aide if I need it, and I do, given that miserly 4 of Reels, is XVII the Star. Factoids: “She” is Jupiter in Aquarius as a symbol for long-sightedness and confidence, OR Venus in Pisces standing for the desire for the inscrutable. She herself is Aquarius. (“Water, water everywhere, and nary a drop to drink!”) She’s walking from Chokmah to Tiphareth, and is an Air sign. If you know me through Tarot AT ALL you will know that XVII and I are old pals, she always springs eternal in my heart. My life has been full of an inordinate number of occasions where I was dreadfully down-in-the-mouth and Life had dealt me a very nasty blow indeed; I am one of those creatures in whom, at that moment, I always find my Hope. That is the “luck” counterstroke the Cosmos gave me to ward off the terrorism of ennui and closed-mindedness. I can ALWAYS use whatever XVII the Star brings me, always. Her presence is never a bother, though sometimes it can seem quite insane. Oh well, she wears different colored socks, too . . . LOL. Of equal if not more interest in who else has a finger in my pie today, there is XVIII the Moon.  Somehow the idea of having the Moon for a daughter frightens me, or more accurately, gives me the heebie-jeebies . . . “. . . and you thought your 7 ex-wives were high maintenance dreamers! HA! You ain’t seen NUTHIN’ yet!” (Grin.) Actually, I’m not too sure why this cared should show up here, unless my intuition is going to play a trick on me today. I normally have a good relationship with the Moon, thus there is also the possibility that she ISN’T “our troubled teen” but actually is Nurse’s Aide #1.
It’s easy to get lost in the moonscape, and to stare at the Delphic vapor pools too long and be seized by Irrationality; I use to love doing that sit as a kid. AS A KID? I emphasize; it isn’t a game for grown-ups, because after a certain age it is no longer a game but a choice of life connected or unreality disconnected. It’s too fucking serious to decide in game mode, so adults have to take it out of the Moon, where it was born, and drag it off to a workstation they can use, but which kills the moon creature, delicate and insubstantial as it is. (I’m thinking of “Moon Jellies,” a candy that I want to make and produce, just for the fun of it; a good example of a moon-born fantasy that isn’t meant to live in manifestation.) We are all to some extant captives of the Moon; if not by the reality of its gravity then by the reality of its unreality, so to speak. S/He plays a much bigger part in our lives than we give credit. (“My priests tell me I must use the male nominative for the Moon, the god Khonsu, son of Amon and Mut, but they are just going to have to learn to live with the fact that I fancy the Moon as a woman. So let it be written; so let it be done!” Grin.) Suffice to say that regardless of which gender you assign to the Moon, the influence has a definite FEMALE vibe, feel, energy, heart to it, not masculine – but then again, I say that as a culturally conditioned citizen of the western world of capitalism and faux-democracy. It doesn’t matter, and least of all to her, the Moon! Ahaha! She’s downing here stirring EVERYONE’S shit, and she simply doesn’t have time to stir any one pot in particular. But, if you step aside and watch, it can be fun, but Beware! Don’t participate! That way lies folly. You are NOT meant to assume the duties of the Moon, I assure you, so keep your spatula to yourself. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a glimpse of whether our “children” are aides or hindrances. Be Well!   



No comments:

Post a Comment