Saturday, October 15, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 16Oct2016. I am less than moved today to be verbose, therefore it’s a “just the facts, ma’am; just the cards and the facts” kind of day. I notice there have been a few of them lately, so I’ll need to see about that. Thanks to all who messaged me to let me know something was amiss; “Hey, Butthead! Get back to work!” Such a kind and sympathetic group . . . . Grin. Today is a 3 Principles draw: 1) Sulfur, Active; 2) Mercury, passive, and 3) Salt, the Catalyst. (The deck today is *El Gran Tarot Esoterico* by Maritxu Guler. A great, esoteric deck! Spanish, from Fournier.) The draw today bothers me; not in a certain, pinpoint-able fashion, but in a general uneasiness and “something’s not right here.” The King of Batons is, one assumes, attending the Mass just beyond the grill, which is there to prevent the gaze of the hoi-polloi from resting on the royal family. His Christianity doesn’t bother me (ha!) but the fact that he is turned completely away from the reading, focused on the past (the left, as well as the window & curtain, signifying not only royal prerogative to remain hidden but is reminiscent of a window in the confessional of Catholic churches. This is an odd & distracted King of Batons, and I must say that my normal vibes of auto-identification with this Arcanum are missing today. It is like I’m seeing this card for the 1st time and he is looking weak and wish-washy. It isn’t his significance, of course, but hey, nevertheless, I’m doing the reading, right? and I say he looks diffident. Well, to belie me a little, here are some factoids: he is in Chokmah in the Tree of Life & astrowise he is striding from Scorpio to Sagittarius.  He is the Fire in the fires of Atziluth. “Being fire in fire, the King (sic) of Wands is the purest manifestation of his element - burning, flaming, enthusiastic and thrilling. He is the born leader, full of ideas and idealism, proud and commanding, at his best noble, honest, conscientious and intelligent. For Atziluth is the highest of the worlds and Fire the highest of the elements, the King (sic) of Wands can stand for highest inspirations, spiritual realization and purest creativity; degeneration into bigotry is possible.” (Raven) I don’t particularly agree with Raven, but that is only today, normally we get along like an affianced couple on a vibrating mattress. 
Well, we’ll see if I can limp through the day with this lackluster king as a questionable occupant of my Active current.  The Passive current today is inhabited by VII the Chariot of Hermes. Hmm, he is NOT a passive card. He is, however, androgynous, and that can lead to delays in action while all sides are considered about an issue. His main purpose – combine selves and “go fast to face the sun of your wholeness,” takes on a much SOFTER tone if I’m going to be experiencing him in the passive. He is on the Path of Cheth, #18 in the Tree of Life. He is Mars in connection with the Sun or Mercury; Mars as a symbol of enforcement combines with the Sun as a symbol for will or Mercury as the symbol of the way. He’s Cancer, traveling from Binah to Geburah on Water. “The Chariot stands for combined powers, ready to move forward. It represents the dynamic principle and the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the outer and inner balance. The Chariot shows a strong will, a strong personality, and at its best, victory and success. But it also is a symbol for controversial power, for contradictions that are not solved, but just controlled. In this, the trump also warns of overestimation and recklessness. With every new venture or beginning one should check carefully whether the desired goal is compatible with one's life and inner self.” (Raven) 
Ahhh, NOW I understand the glum tone . . . I’m suspecting my current motives! Actually this isn’t true, but I can see how I am feeling that way. *I’ve processed my behaviors lately, and rather than doubtful, I am happily surprised to find that I have been a much more altruistic and understanding guy lately than “normal” (not meaning that I’m “normally” a son of a bitch! LOL, honestly, I’m not.) I HAVE been consciously trying to be a better man in the field of understanding other people’s happiness and not fucking with it to suit my definition. Finally, my Catalyst for this process of combining these two currents into a more effective tool is the 4 of Batons reversed.  Well, hmmm, augh hxxxh! (clearing throat) Venus in the 3rd decan of Aries, in Chesed on the Tree of Life, and now reversed, “so it ain’t ‘Completion,’ Virginia!” No, this is Chesed - the power of condensation, growth and stability, standing in the structural discipline of the 4 - the work is done, the plan was successful, the Fire has settled and reigns over its realms. EXCEPT THAT IT DOESN’T. Here it is, unfortunately, recalling vague hints of overestimation, torpidity, loss of tranquility, and basically “slug on a Florida recliner” resignation to something perhaps never being accomplished. And NO, that is NOT me. So, I shall take measures that today does not remain a day of torpor and armchair television or Netflix binging. So, time to change my underwear & socks, dab a bit of eau de toilette in my armpits, and sally forth to combat any feelings of a gelatinous nature. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a dose of Motivation today to step out of the ordinary and do something different. Be Well!    




No comments:

Post a Comment