Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 20Oct2016. Today I’m using the 3 Principles Spread and one of my very favorite of all-time decks, *The Alchemical Tarot Renewed, Ed. 4* by Robert M. Place. Editions 1, 2 & 3 have all been great, with a special fondness for the 3rd edition, but this one, the 4th, takes the cake for perfection of form, beauty of image and just sheer joy in the reading with a deck like this.  Well, let’s take a look at the overview: Sulfur, the Active principal current today is represented by V The Hierophant. My passive principal current, or Mercury, today is represented by the 3 of Wands.  Finally, there is Salt, the Catalyst, and it is the King of Cups. That’s a fairly good hand to just swoop in and take a good long look and then go,” Hmmm, ah, yes . . . I see; um hmm; oh yes. . oh my, yes. .”  LOL. It IS easy to read, actually, but while I can read it, WHAT the heck it signifies in terms of my growth & voyage is a bit of a byzantine stretch even for me, the subject. V the Hierophant is an old friend and an old role; I have donned his robes many times.  Between him and the Emperor, 
I prefer the Emperor, as he is more direct and less inclined to be a spiritual bully, but I more often find myself here, despite my personal likes or dislikes. I think there may be a bit too much of the mystic blowhard in me to comfortably fir the Emperor, even if I do like him better. And I must admit; I’m a sucker for religious clothing & robes & extra panels & lots of folderol all of silk & lace and lots & lots of precious, historical jewelry, like the pearls that Mary wore to Elizabeth’s wedding. (Grin.) Well, he certainly does belong in the Active current, representing Fire in dissolution (masculine), and as a plus note, today is the day of my class so I will be a teacher of sorts this evening. It’s a good positive current, a worthy and {{harrumph!}} respectable position for the day. Teach your little heart out tonight, Mark. Onto the next, and I have a passive “opposition” fin the form of 3 of Wands reversed. It isn’t so much that, or as simple as, my wait goes on because my ship hasn’t come in as it is the 
necessity of adding one little word – yet. This card 
carries no negative news for me, as I wasn’t expecting something in which I am now going to be disappointed; no, that’s bullshit, because at this point I’m still in a phase of pure hope, hope that despite all of the seemingly “deliberate” shit the Universe has thrown at us we will not only survive but thrive. Finally, why is it the King of Vessels who can bring about this “rapprochement”? We already know how I feel about this King – he isn’t suited for the job. That is IMHO, of course. A kind of unflappability is necessary for the King of Vessels and the catalyst in this situation. That whale is looking fairly unflappable, today. He can’t always be trusted, but maybe today, he can. I ask the Cosmos to give us all Purpose and Patience today, so that a spirit of peaceful usefulness may reign in our hearts. Be Well!    



No comments:

Post a Comment