Sunday, October 2, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 03Oct2016; today I’m using The Major & the Minor draw, 2-cards symbolizing the main currents of my day and whether they are complimentary or opposed. (Today’s deck is *The Bohemian Gothic Tarot* by Alex Ukolov & Karen Mahony.) A is the most conscious, the most revelatory, the biggest “energy-eater”;  B the sub-current running concurrently in the background of the 1st, and whether it is his friend or his sly opponent.  Or not so sly, perhaps/he is advocating open rebellion & fornication in the streets – who knows? “Not yet, but we’ll find out, yessiree Bob!”. . . .(Now where the heck did I put that ‘Moral Patrol’ badge I’m supposed to wear? Grin.) Ok, get on with it, Mark. I’m starting the day with my main current finding its source in XVII the Star. Mademoiselle Etoile is a frequent visitor chez les Miller, and I am ALWAYS glad to see her. Also, in line with my perverse character, every time I see her I think of the line from *The Devil Wears Prada”; Miranda Priestly; “I said to myself, go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart, fat girl. I had hope. My God. I live on it. Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um- more than any of the other silly girls.” (Emphasis mine) Ms. Streep was deadly humorous in that film. At any rate, back to XVII. Okay, factoids: XVII The Star is on the Path of Heh, #28 in the Tree of Life. (Heh was also an Egyptian god of Eternity.) She has either Jupiter in Aquarius as symbolic of far vision and confidence, or Venus in Pisces standing for the thirst for the inscrutable. Astrowise she is Aquarius, of Air, and treads from Chokmah to Tiphareth. “The Star is the trump of hope and trust, for the sensitive understanding of cosmic coherence, the intuition that everything is in balance and harmony. It is related to the Justice (the cross sum of 17 is 8), but while the Adjustment keeps the balance deliberately, the Star keeps it with feeling. The Star is also called the 'Guiding Light', and is taken as a symbol of the deep realization that the chosen way is the right one, that the end of this way will be a good one, and that there is perfect harmony between the psychical feeling and the physical doing.” (Raven) I always take Hope a little less “Pollyanna-Found-The--Mushrooms,” I believe Hope is one of those Virtues that encourage you to help yourself. (Like the joke about the man on his roof escaping a flood to pray to God for deliverance. The punchline is he dies, & is told God sent help 3 times, but the man kept waiting for the irreal and turning them down he missed all 3 chances.)  In other words, once you get a hint that Hope is ready to be on your side, you can’t sit back on your asscheeks and think, “Ah! Good! That’s taken care of!” You idiot! Get off your keister and do what you need to do; Hope is not a substitution for action! Okay, and yes, I AM glad she’s around in ANY capacity, I like her, and she’s good company. 
Looking for the Minor current in my river of life today, I see that we have been graced by the presence of the 0 The Fool! That is VERY cool. Why, you ask? Because that Hope is mainly concentrated around the upcoming new “seminar” I have starting Thursday, and my hoping it is going to prove useful, entertaining, and enjoyed, while bringing the wonderful art & skill of Tarot to the group which shall show up. As I’ve mentioned before, it won’t be a class, it won’t be free-form, either; perhaps ‘moderated discussion’ comes closest to the idea I have in mind. IT is going to be organic at any rate, and I am not going to force it to grow into some preordained format of my choosing. That would be courting Card chaos anyway; Tarot would never cooperate with me. The Fool is ALL about new beginnings, and setting off into them without trepidation or fear. Sometimes a little too fearless, but hey! that comes with the costume. (“Where’s my codpiece, dammit?!? I can’t go out there in tights and no codpiece, my gawd, I’d be mobbed on stage!!”. . . “Oh, stop being so pretentious, Basil. They’ll never notice it hiding behind a seam! Ahahaha!”) Alright, alright, “the facts, Ma’am, just the facts.” Here are the factoids: 0 The Fool is Pisces going to Aries, with Uranus/Mercury standing for curiosity, spontaneity, &/or madness (Jolly! Sounds like Eddie Izzard’s “Cake or Death?” routine.) He is of the Air (of course! all that fey lightness!) And sits in Kether, traveling to Chokmah; 0 as nothing and the beginning of it all. “The Fool is the symbol of true innocence, a perfect state of joy and freedom, the sure feeling to be one with the spirit of life, at any time. The Fool has the number 0, for someone ready to go in any direction, open to all possibilities. He belongs nowhere, has no past, but an infinite future. Every moment is a new beginning. In Arabic numerals the 0 has the shape of an egg, the symbol for the origin of life. The Fool is change, motion and the readiness to jump into life, with no cares ever. The Fool knows no difference between possibility and reality, the zero means a total lack of hope and fear, the Fool suspects and plans nothing. He reacts directly to the current situation, nothing is calculated, nothing is hidden.” (Raven)  This is a GREAT omen for the start of the class, n’est-ce pas ? Be joyful and have a hyper-positive attitude Mark; despite the Fool’s claim, you’re bringing Hope anyway “just in case;” you always did like back-up, eh, buddy? So, with that in mind, I step out to see what kind of trouble I can cause . . . LOL, no, not really. But I feel a good mood rooting in. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a dose of a Hopeful Fool to carry us through our projects today. Be Well!   


No comments:

Post a Comment