Monday, October 3, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 04Oct2016. Today I’m using a Major Minor reading for my day; to recall, the 1st card is the Major current of my day; the 2nd card is the secondary/favorable/unfavorable current lying alongside the 1st, often hidden by it, and always influencing it in some way. (Today’s deck is *2016 Samhain Deck of Sorrows* by Seven LLC.)  My 1st card today, the Major current, is the King of Wands and the Minor current is the 2 of Coins. I am totally unfit to write this morning; I’m in a funky place, and while I can appreciate the cards (I do!), I am just not “frickin’”motivated to write about it. I DO find today’s draw to be positive, with just a hint of snarkiness and “watch your back, creep” feeling. I, the King, am reigning over my kind of weird & zany kingdom and am being influenced by a vein of heady Obstruction, Resistance & general non-cooperativeness. Therefore, I have given the descriptions of each card from A. E. Thierens, & I have poked my wand in here & there to add my bit. I find him to be utterly, charmingly quaint, like reading an old recipe book from Medieval France. Whatever. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a boost of energy today in order to maintain a more-than-mere-functioning level of existence for now. Be Well! The King of Wands sits in Chokmah in the Tree of Life, by Fire, being the Fire of the Fire. Astrowise, he is striding from Scorpio to Sagittarius.  Astrology: 21° Scorpio to 20° Sagittarius. “Higher octave of the ace, lord of the suit of Air and the mind; coming on the First house. What may have led to the legend of calling him a country gentleman and bringing the whole suit of wands more or less in relation with the country is not clear. He is the lord of the intellectual kingdom; consequently he may denote every authority or personality of primary importance in some or other intellectual, mercurial or mercenary line. It must be someone representing a high authority himself or uniting opposite interests, while he himself, on account of the same authority he represents, may not or cannot be contradicted. Now we want to put in a remark here concerning the court or personal cards in general: in the practice of divination they are generally taken to indicate persons, and this comes out very often right enough. Still they ought first to be considered as principles; the personification of these principles in men and women comes in the second place only, but is important, of course, in our daily life. So the King of Wands must represent intellectual authority, mastership in the domain of the mind, trade and language.” (A. E. Thierens, *The general Book of the Tarot* 1930.) 
The Minor current today has a rather nefast influence, but I’m not worried, I can feel that it isn’t strong enough to seriously disrupt anything. The 2 of Coins is in Chokmah (alongside my King!) but he is Jupiter in the 1st decan of Capricorn, astrowise. “The Two of Disks represents the Earth in Chokmah, the realm of creation and energy, directing the pure material resources of the Ace towards a specific goal, in order to change from the raw material to the actual creation process. Further, the card is called Harmonious Change, it stands for the alternation and natural balance of gain and loss, weakness and strength, growing and fading, ever varying occupation and wandering. In nature, everything is in constant change, well balanced with and in each other, building the principle of natural growing and proceeding.” (Raven) “The Fire on the Sixth house, the house of Virgo. Now here the so-called reversed meanings in the tradition seem to hold the most current significances of this house. Which once more warns us against attaching too great, if any, importance to the idea of 'reversed' position. The tradition does not give a very clear conception here, on the whole. The word 'emotion' is not in its place; as to embarrassment, this is correct: the influence of the sunny and Venusian fire on this house of infinite possibilities must naturally cause 'embarras du choix,' the difficulty of choice, and the one possibility hindering the other; giving too much force and attention to little or subordinate things and persons. There can be very little harm, however, in any card of the pentacles suit; the greatest evil done here might be that too little profit is earned in proportion to the labor given to it. On the other hand this card must necessarily mean good and conscientious work and fidelity of servants, agreeable and satisfactory work, reasonable remuneration, and consequently joy. The agreeable stimulation which it gives to the nervous system must cause gaiety, recreation, etc. Good health is also one of the results.” (Thierens) My intuition has given me the rather gloomier “prediction” of obstacles, which is also in line for the card; I am not receiving anything about coupledom or celebration or joy. So be it.  That’s all for today; my apologies, and I hope to be back to normal vulgar rambling tomorrow. Thank you, and Be Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment