Friday, November 11, 2016

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 12Nov2016. Today is a simple Nuclear Family spread and the deck is, of course, the *Thoth Tarot* by Aleister Crowley & Lady Frieda Harris. Right off the top I want to switch the 1st two cards, thus making it more logical, more seemly to “modern” culture’s eyes. However, gender-bending on a deep, metaphysical level is as old as the art of magic; having II the Priestess as the Active/Male, and Cap. Picard, while XIX the SUN is filling the Passive/Female role. What comes of this rather topsy-turvy union? Why, 0 The Fool, of course!! Grin. Not “Of course!” obviously, but that is a fairly classic union with ONE GREAT BIG EXCEPTION; XVIII the Moon is in the masculine/Active side whereas XIX the Sun has slipped by design into the Moon’s role, that of partner, “other half, ” “helpmeet extraordinaire” but STILL the “reflected light” of the majesty of the Star. The draw really makes sense, however, if this is ALL me, and I read it that way – My Anima gets to run the show today with my Animus cheerfully offering to place himself in the subordinate role for once. I know, you’re confused. Poor baby. “But. . . But . . Mark is one of the most misogynistic bastards on the face of the planet!” Incorrect, child, now report to the principal’s office for discipline! Ha! I am heavily pro-female-anti-IDIOT, and any woman who follows society’s rules & regulations as set out for her by fashion, the Bible and male fear is indeed stupid, and a worthy target. My life is FILLED with far more women than men; they all share one quality, and that is that NONE of them is stupid, or uncritical, or lacks thought process and critical analysis. Very few things are more fun that a SMART woman – 
they are EXTREMLY fun to play with in so many arenas of friendship & life. If you are lucky enough to have one, you know exactly what I mean when I say that there is NOTHING IN THE WORLD like having a good and intelligent partner whom you love and who loves you. It renders you (almost) impervious to “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,”! And never give up Hope – I found mine at 53, and it was/is a woman!! “So what?” you say. Well, on top of being 53 and having just moved to France permanently at the time, it was a “So what” because “my person” was a woman and not a man; I’m gay. Yet here we are, 13 years later, and happier and more content than ever. And yes, I’m still gay. Hermes Trismegistus moves in mysterious ways!! Ha! Our “offspring” today is the free-wheeling but good-hearted newbie on the 2016 tour, 0 the Fool. All possibility, no history. All ports open to experience but open to the pain of error, as well. Today my Anima and my Animus are giving birth to a new player opportunity available to me if I wish to “upgrade.” I’m less of a Fool than most others would think, but my ego & superego know that I DO enjoy my occasional turn in the diamond-patterned multicolored suit (not the Crowley illustration, the classical version!) Well, let’s get quick info on the cards and then a brief “Get OUT, Madge!” at the end. II The Priestess: Moon in Scorpio in the 12th house, the Moon as a symbol for the lunar consciousness, Scorpio standing for the powers of the unconscious. The 12th House stands for the mysteries. On the Tree of life she is the connection between Kether and Tiphareth, with Water her Element. She is the symbol of Duality. “The High Priestess represents the deeper, more subtle aspect of the female archetype - the darkness, the mystery, psychic power, the might of the moon to enlighten the subconscious. The High Priestess is silence, passivity, containing a power of her own. Only when retiring from the world, can we allow our subconscious to rise, listen to our inner voice and recognize our spiritual power. Most people never rest like this, as our society supports the total suppression of the subconscious, but without it we will never understand ourselves. The High Priestess is inner wisdom at its deepest, a wisdom that cannot be expressed in rational terms. Trying so, we would already falsify and restrict it.”  (Raven) Yes, well, nothing surprising, just my Animus. So, what about my “wife,” IV the Emperor?” He is the Sun in Capricorn, standing for responsibility, order, security, continuity. Huis sign is Aries, and in the Tree of life he is on the axis Netzach – Yesod. His Element is Fire. The number 4 is physical reality, basic structure, orientation. “Trumps III and IV represent Parents in their archetypical way. Just as the Empress stands for Mother Nature, the Emperor is the social word, the structure of civilization, a symbol for its law and order, may they be good or bad, but the power behind them. He is the abstraction of establishment, its stability and security. In its negative aspects the card can represent the force of bad law in a society where stability is rated higher than 
morals or ethic. Once law and order are established as an institution, a bad emperor can turn out to be a disaster. And even at his best the Emperor is limited - he puts restrictions and borders to the spontaneity of spirit and nature. In a more personal view the Emperor might stand for a time of stability and structure, linear thinking and discipline. Yet we can't live without it, too many of those attributes will only lead to rational despotism and mental poverty.” (Ibid) Yes, very very me, but not. I also have a Virgo rising and a Taurus moon, so that puts big-time “nuance” on that day’s construction.  Finally, I have to look at our child, and if he isn’t MORE than just a fool, I will shoot him. (Grin; hardass father, aren’t I?)  He is Pisces going to Aries; on the other hand he is also Uranus/Mercury standing for curiosity, spontaneity, & (ta-da!) madness. His Element is Air, and on the Tree of Life he is traveling from Kether to Chokmah. He is at the beginning of it ALL. “This card is attributed to the letter Aleph, which means an Ox, but by its shape the Hebrew letter (so it is said) represents a ploughshare; thus the significance is primarily Phallic. It is the first of the three Mother letters, Aleph, Mem, and Shin, which correspond in various interwoven fashions with all the triads that occur in these cards, notably Fire, Water, Air; Father, Mother, Son; Sulphur, Salt, Mercury; Rajas, Sattvas and Tamas. The really important feature of this card is that its number should be 0. It represents therefore the Negative above the Tree of Life, the source of all things. It is the Qabalistic Zero. It is the equation of the Universe, the initial and final balance of the opposites; Air, in this card, therefore quintessentially means a vacuum.” (*The Book of Thoth* by Aleister Crowley) Yeah, that sounds about right. Any child of mine would have to be half-delinquent anyway; I would prefer this fictional son to channel his energies into open-eyed discovery rather than slack-jawed idiocy. LOL – of course. And as for being a vacuum; harrumph! No child of mine is going to be called a Vacuum!! (LOL) (I love playing Knee-jerk Reactionary – it really confuses people when it suddenly comes from me – hahaha.) Well, I need to get off this page; there are literary children in Africa starving for lack of blog space. But before I go, I just want to say “Thank You!” to ALL of you who interact with me and provide grist for my mill. I appreciate it! I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a good look at the freedoms and foibles we enjoy in life, and to determine their efficacy. Be Well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment