Friday, December 16, 2016

Good morning and Welcome!  to The Fools Tarot for 16Dec2016. Today I’m using my slowly mutating 3-card spread and the deck is unusual, the *Deva Tarot* by Herta Drnec & Roberta Lanphere. It is a 93 card deck. Ugh. But, not TOO ugh, I must admit. The 5th suit is “Triax,” representing the Aetheric, and its Element = Spirit and its accompanying MA is XXII , “The Separator,” an orange-toned space with a black line graphic design, signifying “the diverse ways that potential, skill and life can interact.”  If you follow me, you know that I don’t like additions to the classical 78-card canon, so how I ended up with this I don’t remember. I know it has sat unopened amongst the sea of decks in my office for over 6 years, and the only reason I’m using it now is to be able to say to myself that I HAVE used it at least once & found it disagreeable and then I can put it away in storage along with hundreds of other dead soldiers. That was the plan . . . now I don’t know. I looked at the extra suit, and it has a lot of good things to say and it makes inherent sense; whether it is all that easily integrate-able into existing Tarot systems may be, hell, it IS, too optimistic. Nevertheless, it is intriguing,
 Unfortunately, the 22nd MA trump is disappointing and dismissive as a concept; I don’t see ANY point or use to it. At any rate, the etheric suit is intriguing, the extra Trump is a cold turd, and if a 5th suit had been needed does anyone really think that the mystery & religion-riddled Middle Ages wouldn’t have added it the Tarot from the very beginning? Nah, quit it, Madge & Shaqwanda, you aren’t Queens Mystical, so don’t invent shit out of thin air. So, stripping out the extra suit & Major, I used the deck as a 78-er, and it worked wonderfully well, almost suspiciously so! Ha! So, I like it. Whether it stays or not is another question. On verra . . . onwards & upwards!  “Almost” no matter where you look, you’re going to find these first two cards paired up as being a piece of extremely bad news. Frightened psychics start throwing little stick figures at you and crying, “Unclean! Unclean!”  . . . LOL. No, of course not, but the combo IS supposedly bad news, i.e. of the black magic, sorcery kind of bad news. For example, this from one of those “Learn Tarot in 10 Minutes & Become a Millionaire!” sites: “When The Moon card is in the same reading as The Magician, your emotional desire to get what you want blinds you to everything that you already have. You could lose it all to gain one specific goal, be it a lover or a career promotion, no matter; it will come at a great cost.” (IDC)  When they want to REALLY get their panties in a knot, get hysterical and stampede like obese ostriches who can’t find any helpful holes in the sand, they read the pairing like this; “Tarot 
Readings: Wrongdoing (Moon and Magician): Taking advantage of someone else’s big mistake. The defiant attitude was a bad move. In a really bad situation, I did what I had to. Take drastic action against that bully. ‘Teaching them a thing or two’ for the evil they did. You take advantage of my trust, I make trouble for you. I made a big mistake and I paid for it. He takes what’s theirs, and there’s hell to pay. If stealing is the worst thing you ever did …. I get revenge on that s. o. b. He gets himself in trouble for being abusive. I did wrong, I was rough on them. He blames friends for crimes he did. He got them in trouble and it backfired. Black magicians practice one-upmanship with one another.  Moon and Magician Moon and Magician of course bring up black magic, what with Moon being the ‘Left-hand Path.’ Together, they mean ‘evildoing’ or wrongdoing.’ Moon is a mistake (not just an ‘oops,’ a major blunder), so Moon and Magician translate ‘make a mistake.’” (Ibid)   NOW, LET ME SAY THIS ONE TIME; THAT IS ALL NEGATIVE BULLSHIT. IT IS ONLY TRUE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE YOUR LIFE BASED ON FEAR & IGNORANCE.  There is another, equally valid way of looking at the pairing, and constructed along POSITIVE lines; “In order to truly manifest our desire, we have to be able to identify the deepest want that serves as the wellspring of how that desire appears. It often comes in the form of single descriptors such as love, safety, recognition, peacefulness, joy, acknowledgement, appreciation. When we can identify and unveil these desires in their most basic forms, we can address them without all the shiny distractions, and we will find our manifestations from these desires will be created more purely than we could have ever imagined.” (Ellen Goodman). I’m not going to add to that – I know what I’m doing today, what I’m about and what I am, and am not, responsible for and in sole charge of managing.  As for the atmosphere I’m doing it in, The Prince of Wands isn’t promising any calm times and gentle sea breezes on a cocktail-cooled shore. The Prince of Wands is in Tiphareth in the Tree of Life. In astrology he strides from 21° Cancer to 20° Leo. His Element and world are the Air in the Fires of Atziluth.  “The Prince of Wands represents the Air within the Fire, intellect and storm within the spiritual flaming. As the son of the Queen, he bears a certain heritage of the waters inside of him, expressed in romantic beliefs and a most generous nature. Though, the attributes of fire are excessively strong, combined with the flying airs the first impression is that of a hot storm, filled with action and willful, impulsive energies. Lacking the patience of the earth, the Prince of Wands wants it all and he wants it now, refusals or delays might provoke explosive outbursts. He has endless courage and tenacity; he can fight far superior forces until he has won. With the airs whirled up by the hot breath of fire, he can be a juggler and trickster, wanton and frolic, recklessly abusing the powers of his mind to fool and ridicule the slow and harmless. He doesn't mean bad but usually storms forward too fast to recognize the ruins left behind. At the shadowy side, all his attributes can exaggerate to their worst, resulting in reckless destruction and even in cruelty and sadism. His impatience can mount into instability, always seeking for novelty without getting anything done, with all his powers burning out unused.” (Raven) Fuckin’ lovely, eh? Let’s just say today’s atmosphere or ambiance is going to be HIGHLY energetic in a mainly selfish way, although it may be surprising in its focus. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a lot of that glittery galactic armor called knowledge to ride through these kind of contretemps with these willful & spoiled children of the galaxy, ourselves. Be Well!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment