Saturday, January 28, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 29Jan2017: I have to give this spread a name so it sticks, so how about ‘Basics Modified’? Simple. Good. Today’s deck is one I truly like, the *Tarot of the Sephiroth* by Dan Staroff, J. Stockwell & J. Mori. (the last two for the accompanying book, *Guide to …* The deck is a ¡Zinger! for energies with which to work, and my intuition is always open to the deck; she likes it, too (grin.) Onward & Upward! For Sulfur, Mercury & Salt today I have drawn 1) XX Judgment; 2) III the Empress reversed, and 3) the Ace of Wands. This is good; not bad, not great, but good. As my Sulfur today, male & active, I have drawn the Judgment card (their alt spelling. And no, there is no longer a difference.) Judgement was recently reversed, saying decisions had been delayed, the “wrap up” of the issue needing more time. I see that today the energy is available to me, if I care to use it, to come to Judgement about the issue and my participation (or not) in the affair. Symbology is important, so I shall detail “what’s going on;” “The Hebrew letter at the center is Shin, meaning tooth or fang. The pyramid is a fire symbol, and the Solar & Lunar crowns are eternal life (Sun) engendering and sustaining transitory life forms (moon.) 
All of the Elements are represented, but Judgement is particularly associated with primal Fire, as the Fool is primal Air. The altar is an icon for magic and/or transformations, and LUX is, of course, Light. Energies available here include productive restructuring; it is knowing when it is time to make a lifestyle change. It connects Malkuth and Hod on the Tree of Life. (This is) ‘The mental awakening to the path of manifestation,’ with its do’s & don’ts, while at the same time clearly showing the path to full and autonomous individuation.” (Ibid, + me.) Mercury today is III the Empress reversed. I get it; my feminine, passive current is running opposite my Sulfur today; therefore problem #1 is to get today’s “opposing parties” to instead run together, and what direction that will take will still be visibly Judgement, but it will have been replotted and influenced by the EXTREMELY strong energies of the female today, if they are going to cooperate at all. We know the Empress; “. . . she has the letter Daleth, meaning doorway. She wears the starry Crown of Demeter. She is the embodiment of all Mother Goddesses.” (Ibid) Therefore, one can see that her influence is going to be MIGHTY in altering the flight plan of the Serpent. If I had been using the traditional Three Principles spread, no doubt my third card would have been XIV Temperance! LOL. However, I have a powerful ally & friend today in Salt, for it is the Ace of Wands. My home court, Wands (although I descend to Swords when flummoxed,) & plenty of Fire energy for an old salamander like me. “The Ace of Wands is attributed to all of the Fire signs, and its key symbols are the 10 Yods around the Wand; it is the source of spirit; volatility; vitality; energy itself. It inhabits the sphere Kether. This is my “burning bush” today.” (Ibid & me.) The 
Catalyst in the Salt, which will work its magic on the opposing forces and (hopefully!) align them running in the same direction, for the best possible use of my day and my growth opportunity here. As always, “on verra !” I’m not diving into the alchemical & cabalistic T-of-L today to really “work those cards, pal, work ‘em!” (BIG grin.) I’m perfectly satisfied with my “morning briefing,” and can move on to the day which contains yet another Tarot-centered activity and group manifestation. (A small group of tarologues is constructed a Gated-spread for Imbolc; “[Candlemas, Imbolg, Imbole] - February 2nd; Pronounced: EE-Molc; Incense: Rosemary, Frankincense, Myrrh, Cinnamon. Decorations: Corn Dolly, Besom, Spring Flowers. Colors: White, Orange, Red. One of the 4 Celtic "Fire Festivals. Commemorates the changing of the Goddess from the Crone to the Maiden. Celebrates the first signs of Spring. Also called "Imbolc" (the old Celtic name). This is the seasonal change where the first signs of spring and the return of the sun are noted, i.e. the first sprouting of leaves, the sprouting of the Crocus flowers etc. In other words, it is the festival commemorating the successful passing of winter and the beginning of the agricultural year. This Festival also marks the transition point of the threefold Goddess energies from those of Crone to Maiden.” (Wikipedia) It is involved and intense and I am enjoying my share of the work. We shall arrive at completion of the Gates on Imbolc, and thus welcome Fire back into the world. Even if you are not a practicing “new pagan” (neither am I, in a full & total sense,) it is good to mark the day with a small ritual of your own to welcome Fire back. Try it, you’ll like it! (Grin.) I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a tempered course today. Be Well, Be Blessed!   





No comments:

Post a Comment