Monday, January 30, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 31Jan2017. I’m using the Basics Modified spread and the deck is the *Tabula Mundi Tarot: Colored Edition* by M. M. Meleen. I celebrate its reintegration today! A missing Ace was replaced, et voilà! This is one my Favorite decks. (The accompanying book is *Book M: Liber Mundi* by M.M. Meleen, Atu House, Barre, 2015.) No words of praise would make this deck better; it is already near perfection for my readings. Onward & Upward! Well, to finish out this shocking month, here is the reading: Sulfur, male, active = VII the Chariot: Mercury, feminine, passive = V the Hierophant, and Salt, catalyst = the Ace of Swords. All upright. Well, what a shockingly good draw! Grin. My male current today is about getting on with t, so to speak. I have united the opposite natures of myself (which I was reminded to do again by this card inverted just VERY recently,) and now that the engine is complete and tuned up, I’m off! A bit more about the card itself: “AKA ‘Child of the Powers of the Water, and Lord of the Triumph of Light, he is Cancer, with the ruling Moon and the exalted Jupiter; His Hebrew letter is Cheth, “a fence.” He is on Path 18, going from Binah (Understanding) to Geburah (Severity). There is a lovely poem;                                                                     “When in the height heaven was not named, // And the earth beneath did not yet bear a name, // And the primeval Apsu, who begat them, // And Chaos, Tiamut, the mother of them both // Their waters were mingled together. // And no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen; // When of the gods none had been called into being, // And none bore a name, and no destinies were ordained; // Then were created the gods in the midst of Heaven.” – Enûma Eliš. (*Book M: Liber Mundi* by M.M. Meleen.)                                                                
 “The Charioteer’s Primary function is to be the holy warrior and bring forth and protect the Chalice.” Today my job is “to ride the pipeline, in perfect balance for the oracles of black and white determine God’s will. Achieve the highest good and convey the Grail. Quest and seek. Move forward with victory in mind.” (Ibid) Moving on to Mercury, the feminine, the passive current, I am surprised to find her in the role of V the Hierophant, a study in rectitude and spiritual rules & regulations - Ugh; but also a storehouse of knowledge and a true teacher - Yay. I am all too familiar with the Hierophant; I’ve loved taking on his mantle before in life, but no longer, actually. I feel that I have most definitely moved on to other developments & concerns and while I respect his par in my Journey, I continue. It is surprising to think that perhaps ALL ALONG the Hierophant in me may have come from my anima and not my animus. That IS a surprising thought, and yet it makes perfect sense in the light of my Journey now, when I look back to recollect. I shall contemplate that with easy serenity, I believe, as yes, it does seem right from the current viewpoint. And now, my Energy nexus for today is a true Powerhouse of Energy, the Ace of Swords. AKA the Root of the Powers of Air, “With the Princess of Swords as its throne, rules the quadrant of space for Capricorn-Aquarius-Pisces, and the area of the Americas.” (Ibid) He is the ‘Vau’ in  
“Yod Hé Vau Hé,” the Great Tetragrammaton being the 4 Hebrew letters of God’s name. I am “supposed to be,” or “was supposed to be,” a member of THIS Court; everything in my younger life points uniquely, ONLY here. In mid-life I decided to jump Courts to where the new me was now growing, the Court of Wands. I am living out the karma of the Court of Pentacles in this lifetime, I know; I have a VERY ambivalent relationship with the Court of Chalices; I was born in Swords, and I have advanced to Wands. There ARE times when that old Swords energy flares up and yes, it is STILL a potent force within me, as well as the King, to whom I have always attributed my current diffidence after a youth of folly. (Tarot tradition says that only this king among the four doesn’t want to be there; he seems unsure of himself and world-weary to the point of disconnection. I grok that!) Back to the Ace – If there is ONE pure & unfucked-up card in this suit, it is this one. ALL of the others have agendas that are intellectually top-heavy & laced with almost-violent energy. It is a real parade through one’s ego, yes siree! BUT, the Energy available is stunning in its amount (“watts”,) its vivacity (“amperage,”) and its pure motivational power (“voltage”.) I am very glad to have it as an energy source today, to help not only catalyze the two previous currents, but to supply power to me to get that gorgeous but energy-intensive Chariot of Power on the move. I ask the Cosmos today to give us a source of power equal to the day’s tasks. Be Well, Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment