Sunday, March 26, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 26Mar2017. Today I have used my usual spread, the Basics Modified, and the deck is *The Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers. Today’s draw is: Sulfur = XV the Devil; Mercury = XI Strength, and Salt = the King of Swords. EVERY time I use this deck, I think, “WHY aren’t I using this deck every single damn day??” Well, mainly because the needs of the blog dictate the rotation. You have to keep the public interested, and one deck continually used won’t do that. It is a shame in the case of this deck and its accompanying book, eponymously named. If any “decent” tarologue sat down for three months with ONLY this deck and this book, that person would come out of the session with an astounding, logarithmically advanced understanding of Tarot as both Art and Science. Yes, it is THAT good, one of the handful you MUST rescue in the Revolution. Enough; Onward and Upward! Today’s draw delights me, and that is at most a kind of vague, nebulous concept, a bit wispy around the edges; This isn’t a “tableau” reading, obviously, and yet I am looking at it as such and smiling to myself for unknown reasons. (Note to self: new drugs working. ) For one thing, THIS is EXACTLY an idealized portrait of how I see myself in Totality, as a human being on the Path, ever-evolving forward to manifest a final transformation into the unconscious soup of the ultimate Divine. (Slurp, slurp.) Let’s look at the cards for what they actually ARE. If I could quote Ms. Payne-Towler’s entire chapter on XV the Devil here I would do it, it is SO perfectly self-explanatory and commonsensical. No, of course it isn’t the “demonic, Baphomet-like, sign your name in blood and kiss my anus” devil; I will, however, quote this, from *Tarot of the Holy Light” by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers [artist, I believe], Noreah/Brownfield Press, n/a, 2015; “In the Eros magic event pictured on the Devil from *Tarot of the Holy Light,* both sides of the self are so illuminated and attuned that they dissolve out of their individual separateness and coagulate in the heart of the other, fusing into a mutual “yes.” The opposites which have been purified are now reunited at a higher order of functionality. Two-headed Lucifer, the Light-bringer or Daystar,
provides the meeting-ground for the reborn animus and anima. Implications include shedding acculturation, awakening of the suppressed self, shamanic shape-shifting and renewed libido. Trump 15 grants the return of the parts of one's innate being that have been tabooed, scapegoated, attacked, and castigated. We discover what we have been missing and seeking within ourselves after all.” I love that; it is a perfectly rational, inclusive and Truthful look at the archetype, and at the secret hermetic tradition that lies behind the card and its depiction of the “devil.” I can see this easily in myself at most times, not just today, and today doesn’t “intuit” as if it is going to be a “demonic” day. However, as a police sketch of the arrogant and blinkered Traveler rushing along the road because by-gawd-he’s-going-to-get-there-or-divine-heads-will-roll!! Grin. Yeah, I get that way sometimes, in a hurry to be perfected and freed, and I must remind myself that it is a process and it will take the time that it takes, so-get-over-yourself-you-daytime-drama-queen! LOL. The Devil is such a RICH minefield of symbolism, cliché, hidden truths and not-so-hidden assumptions that s/he really is quite mind-boggling as a concept – but NOT sitting on your shoulder telling you, “Go ahead, sleep with her, her husband is away!” (Or substitute “him” & “wife.” ½ & ½. We’ve ALL got gonads .Hopefully we are learning to let them lie fallow! Grin.)  I want to dwell more on this card, but in the interest of space. . . {{sigh.}} Running with the lions is my Anima’s chosen role today, as the figure XI Strength. (When I saw that Ms. Payne-Towler had followed the “XI = Strength” convention, it was hard not calling my friends in Rome and having a Papal Interdict issued against her, but better sense prevailed. Just. (BIG Grin.) Then I reasoned, “Well, poor victimized thing, she has no choice. She is, after all, reconstructing and re-illuminating the Continental Tarot tradition. Think of her like K in the Castle, Mark . . .” GRIN.) I’m joking, of course, because Christine knows her stuff, and displays it brilliantly in both deck & book. I can see Anima today as Strength – she’s having to bolster the almost-ego ride of the Animus today, after all, so a united energy base and a firm handle on the Self is just what is need to keep him from jumping off of the deep end. Silly man. Finally, shaking my pretty, blonde-ringleted head from side to side as I lay tied to the railroad tracks,
“But WHERE, Mr. Whiplash? Oh where shall I find the rent in time?” “Right where you left it, Pearl Pureheart! With a man!! Ahahahaha!!” Of course, Snidely is trying to get under pretty Pearl’s skin, but what he says isn’t true; she didn’t “leave” the energy anywhere, it is riding to her rescue in the form of the King of Swords. Snidely Whiplash is a spineless weasel, and at the first sight of Dudley Doright, the King, he skedaddles. That isn’t to say that I’m feeling very “Dudley Doright-ish” today, I’m not. But I understand the ENERGY of this configuration intimately, having lived it for a good part of my adulthood. As I’ve been going on ad nauseum recently, the change from the Swords suit to the Wands was BIG for me; a(n) once-in-a-lifetime event. It is a natural progression, of course, making one’s way through the steps of the Tarot and experiencing the Journey full on; it happens in a lifetime that the time may have “evolved” for you to change Houses, and to begin the long progression from birth to King in the next, “higher” suit. (Theoretically, no one suit is “higher” than the other; however, if you think like that, you need to visualize the Tree of Life as a non-sequential system as well; not so fuckin’ easy, eh, Jack? The fact that “that way” it is actually much closer to the truth “makes no nevermind.” “Don’t confuse me with facts, Ma’am!”) Despite all the brouhaha and been-there-done-that of this card, he is an old friend who I am quite happy to see, as he carries a high charge of Energy indeed! He is Aquarius, and he is perfect here, because he is also the “Adjudicator.” Faithfulness incarnate, his eye is always on the greater good, and he is not above using his considerable influence and force to STRONGLY suggest to XV and XI that it would be in everyone’s best interest if they made common cause today and didn’t let their sometimes diametrically opposite differences get in the way. All good; I love a gentle bully. Grin. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL Male Strength and Female Wisdom to navigate the waterfalls today. Be Well! Be Zen! Be Blessed!  


No comments:

Post a Comment