Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Good morning and Welcome to The Fool’s Tarot for 11Apr2017. Today’s spread is my Basics Modified, Modified again by necessity because today I’m beginning a run of *The Eternal Tarot* by Samael Aun Weor, AKA Víctor Manuel Gómez Rodríguez (1917 Bogotá – 1977 Mexico City), a South American mystic and founder of the Universal Christian Gnostic Movement. The deck is an “Egyptian” deck, which is to say that not only is it illustrated in an ancient Egyptian style, it is also structured differently, with the cards running numerically 1 – 78 without a division into suits and arcana. The first 22 cards ARE the Major Arcana, so they CAN be differentiated that way, but the rest of the deck is simply 23 – 78, and not divided into suits of royals & pips. Therefore, while I have drawn, as usual, Sulfur & Mercury from the Major Arcana, the Salt/Catalyst card now comes from the pile of the rest of the 56 cards instead of only the Royals and Aces. As for the deck itself, this from its eponymous website; “Thousands of years ago, the angel Metatron gave to humanity the Tarot and the Hebrew letters, a precious set of knowledge containing the keys to liberation from suffering. Unfortunately, some cunning people stole and modified a portion of the protected teachings, and over the centuries that stolen knowledge passed through Egypt, Arabia, and finally into Europe, eventually becoming what we popularly refer to as the Tarot. Over the centuries, it degenerated. It was re-arranged, misinterpreted, misused... Being so far removed from their source, very few contemporary Tarot decks accurately reflect the teachings of Metatron. During the twentieth century, Samael Aun Weor wrote volumes of books correcting the Tarot and showing how it is a form of Kabbalah. For decades, millions of readers have awaited an authoritative Tarot deck based Kabbalah, Hebrew, and the knowledge Samael Aun Weor provided. This is it.
“The Eternal Tarot” is a 78 card Tarot deck and book set that restores the Tarot to its original structure and importance as an integral part of meditation and Kabbalah.” Well, well, well . . . big claims, no provable historical veracity, all that, yes . . . and on the other scale of the balance, do I think it is a functioning Tarot deck? Most definitely, yes. Onward & Upward!
Today’s draw is: Sulfur = VI Indecision (the Lovers); Mercury = I the Magician, and Salt = XL Presentiment. So, let’s do what we can with this in light of events. Yesterday, as you may know if you’ve been following, I had a family reunion of sorts with my sister and her husband as well as our aunt in Paris for an afternoon. They Chunneled over from London and could only take one day out of their schedule to make the side trip, but they wanted to very badly and the opportunity to see some of my American family was a gift to us, as I got to see family and my wife got to meet them for the first time. All went swimmingly well, and we had a wonderful time catching up on the news and etc. (Not that we aren’t in electronic contact, we are, but “face-to-face” hasn’t happened in 14 years.) Let’s skip over the good reunion (if it was a bad reunion, we could bathe in the bloody details!) and get right on to the aftermath, today. Sulfur, my male, active, animus current today is represented as VI Indecision (the Lovers.) Normally this wouldn’t mean much to me in a current draw, as I am dealing with questions arising from much later in the sequence (XVII, XVIII, XIX & XX) in my current position on the river of Life, and haven’t given much thought to the choice I made back in VI. However, it is being recalled to me here as a function, I believe, of yesterday’s “blast from the past” and seeing where I have landed since then. I can NOW see how my life led inevitably to that choice, and my happy opportunity to opt out for growth and evolution rather than remain hoisted on my own petard by having arrived at the end of being jaded before my life reached its end, thus leaving me stranded in Despair. No, I chose the other path, and I have never been happier than now
that I did so. What was even more obvious was that it WAS obvious to my family members; lots of comments of how I looked “different, better, more highly sensitive, etc.” Not that my family judges moral tone! (Although they probably do.) It was also, most likely, the last time I will see my aunt, and the reunion was both happy & sad on that point, but we enjoyed each other’s company while we had it. The card itself represents “the supreme affirmation of the internal Christ and the supreme negation of the demon.” (Ibid)  My anima, my female passive current today is in I the Magician, somewhat surprisingly, may I add. The only reason I can think of for her being “there” is the desire to start some of “her” ideas & dreams of manifestation on the path to realization. Which is fine with me; a great majority of my animus’ manifestations over the years have been a complete waste of resources, so of course she deserves a shot. Or three. The card itself represents “the volitional power, and gives triumph, but with struggles due to karma.”  And as the train glides into our third and final station, we see that I received XL Presentiment as my Salt, as the Catalyst that will work out an engagement between that choice of so long ago and the current needs of my anima. As the title of the card says, the energy comes from a form of divination or inspiration, if you will, and concerns the immediate future. This is associated with the planet Uranus and prescience as a natural faculty. More than anything else this card symbolizes a sense of the Karma of things, of the idea that when we apply ourselves we are well-compensated, WHETHER THE WORK IS GOOD OR BAD, as in moral purpose. So, if you are a good black magician compiling up triple doses of wickedness and evil, and you are doing the work well and assiduously, then voilà! You shall be well-compensated by the accompanying BAD karma that goes along with that shit.  And vice-versa for the GOOD magician, doing “good magic” and thus compiling up enormous amounts of good karma. So, with an eye to the future and my karmic debt, the energy for this construct today comes from my faculty of Intuition. Without it, I couldn’t “see” well enough to make the good decisions necessary to either burn off old bad karma or compile new good karma. I ask the Cosmos to give us ALL a just sense of our “karmic footprint” today. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment