Friday, April 7, 2017

Good Morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 08Apr2017. Today is my Basic Modified spread, and the deck is again the *Tarot of the Holy Light* by C. Payne-Towler & M. Dowers. We are nearing the end of the Holy Light, and the next deck in the series is as yet undecided. I remind you that what I am doing is taking some of my favorite decks and using them for a 3 - 4 day run to see their consistency. So far (Of Course!), so good. To return to today, the draw for today is: Sulfur = 0 the Fool; Mercury = XVIII the Moon, and Salt = the Ace of Disks. It is a good looking triptych, isn’t it? And all rather speak to the present, don’t they, as they all look (more or less) forward and neither to the Past or the Future. As I turned over the 1st card, I had to laugh at myself as lately I’ve been coming up in positions of mature male authority. Not today! And I do rather feel that way, with this “reunion journey” to Paris to see my sister and our aunt for the afternoon (they MUST take the Chunnel train back to London that evening) and we decided to return as well late at night, bypassing a hotel & a morning departure in favor of getting our butts home, to bed and asleep. Grin. My wife is excited to meet members of my family for the 1st time, while I am both looking forward to and slightly resenting the upcoming chitchat festival. Why the resentment I am not sure, but I am sure it only springs from grumpiness about being forced out of my daily groove by something over which I have no control, in a sense. I could have said no, of course, but how churlish and cantankerous of me would that have been? “Fifteen years and you still don’t need or want to see anybody from ‘home’?” Well, “Home” is here, Montpellier, France.
It is where I met and married my “pearl beyond price,” my wife, where we were married, where I became part of her French family simply because they are HERE and mine are THERE. I have, of course, deep sentiments still for all of my family, living or dead, but they aren’t part of my life any longer, in a real sense, and it will be fun to see them but bittersweet, the way memories of your un-mature self usually are. So, the Fool I will be. My Anima has jetted off straight into Moon country, I see. Not surprising, just a bit unexpected; perhaps she is clueing up on how to deal with all of that swirling, fluxing, Nth-dimensional feminine logic again; my wife is an entirely different kettle of golden fish of Peace & Contentment. However, I do understand why I want to “bone up” on the Moon; the two energy nexii coming to the meeting are/were powerful producers themselves, each in her own way, of foci in my life that centered on the feminine. I love them both, deeply, and at the same time I am very wary of any attempts to drag me back into any family drama; and there ALWAYS is one. So, buckling on my silver-sheened lunar armor, like the crayfish I advance into the field, claws open in a welcome embrace. LOL, I love that image, “claws open in a welcome embrace,” because it is both humorous and exact. Finally, banking in for a landing, I see the Ace of
Disks as my Energy source for today, and for this construct. The First Manifestation, the beginning of the pips, the seed force of material creation & manifestation in one little orphic egg, waiting for the Ace of Disks with which to merge and manifest. Here is a description of the Ace from 1930 by A. E. Thierens, which, for the most part, still holds true today. “The element of Fire, of the nature of the Sun and Venus, on the house of the Sun, the Fifth: indeed this card has been well defined by the traditional renderings, which give it all as very benefic. How could it be anything else? The aces are all more or less a commencement, new prospects, etc. If you get the ace of pentacles or hearts on one of your houses in the horoscopic figure, you may be pretty sure that the matters to which the house in question relates will be beneficial and, on account of the fiery element, irresistible. It means the commencement of that what is wished for, desired, and this is what man calls his happiness. It is the spark of the Ego demonstrated in the practice of daily life; and this is what may well be called the note of good, which also brings good luck to other people. So there is creative energy in this card. Not yet worked out into details, but originally decided and fairly sure to work out in the future in lucky events and prosperous happenings. So there is promise in it and it is above all a card of good augury of a new and prosperous beginning. It is like a bright spark. Even among very bad cards it is the bright spark of hope and good-will, though of course in such cases it may be too weak to conquer adverse circumstances immediately. It may mean further a person or thing of first ranking. A child. A speculation.” (*General Book of the Tarot*.) I feel ready to manifest both Sulfur and Mercury today, to give them “full access” and to live out their results. In the end, it can ALL only be good for developing further my existing relationships within whose spheres I am now floating. I ask the Cosmos today to give us ALL a crystalline moment of clarity about our relationships. Be Well! Be Zen! Be Blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment