Thursday, April 6, 2017

Good morning and Welcome! to The Fool’s Tarot for 07Apr2017. I’m using my normal morning spread, the Basics Modified, and today’s deck is again the *Tarot of the Holy Light* by Christine Payne-Towler & Michael Dowers, & along with its eponymous book it is a very esoteric deck that is highly sensitive, well-tuned and clear; a master tool in the hands of a master, a teaching tool in those of a student. A revelatory deck. Enough: Onward & Upward! The draw today is as follows: Sulfur = IV the Emperor; Mercury = XXI the World, and Salt = the King of Cups. Wow, pretty harmonious, eh? I certainly think so, and it bodes well for a necessary trip this weekend to Paris to see visiting member of my family, whom I have not seen in over 15 years. Happy event and this is presaged by a day today, after buying the tickets last night, is one of the Emperor in control of his world, and yet weighed down by the weight of rule. My “weight of rule” is certainly less heavy than his (!), but one gets the sense well enough. He was here yesterday, as well, which boded well for some unwelcome tasks which I needed to perform but felt lackadaisical about doing. “The sign of the soul indeed is . . . Cancer. At the same time this is the sign of the breast (Papus) and of the womb, as Waite translates this passage about the card, which Papus says is connected with the Hebrew letter Daleth. 
In the older pictures we see the effort to let the man make a figure 4 or something like the symbol for Jupiter with his crossed legs. There may be some meaning in it, but this seems futile with regard to the general significance of the Emperor as the representative of the past, of memory, tradition in the people and in family life, dharma and the real motives of the soul in the background of life, which actually rule life. It relates . . . to every inner power of the soul from which outer activity (karma) will arise.” (A.E. Thierens) Gliding along on the “Teflonned©” Path of my own surety, I come to my Mercury for today, the passive, feminine current on duty, who is embodied today in XXI the World. First of all, I remark that she, like the Emperor (to a degree) are both casting their gaze Left, or Back. Interestingly enough, on the spur of the moment, close family called from London & said that, “. . . being in London, why didn’t they hop over to Paris and we come up and we all meet there.” I haven’t seen my sister or aunt in over 15 years so naturally I want to see them, but there is also the issue of my aunt’s health (apparently not golden) and mine (dull silver at best.) On top of that, I was a bit, in the interior of myself, upset with having my routine so cavalierly tampered with as well as the sudden expense of two RT tickets to Paris, at the last minute, on the same day (no overnight.) Those kinds of “business” tickets are where they stick it to you, unlubricated. Nevertheless, they are MY family, and I 
DO want to see them, so fuck being upset that my little wagon departs from the path of my comfort zone a day or two, no big deal. Get over it, Mark. Thus the World (of my Past) makes a special guest appearance and I “get to” look backwards for a day;” at our ages, looking forward can be a perilous adventure! Grin. Finally, moving on to a swift conclusion it seems only natural that the Energy nexus from which today derives its drive is the King of Cups, that not-so-certain King who always looks ill-fitted to the role, as if he wishes to be somewhere else. I understand the feeling; being the King of Cups requires one to have a mastery and “feel” for the currents of emotion and intuition; mine are not nearly at a level I would consider sufficient to pass muster as a master. I’m still learning, a LOT, in the Cups suit. Nevertheless, if nothing else, age & experience alone could qualify me to wear that crown, but on this card that crown is a perilous weight; what if he can’t hold his head above the water long enough? Long enough for what? It all goes off into the violet haze of “Who are YOU?” I can do it; I’m just not a past master of the Cups. Practice makes perfect . . . sigh. Well, enough of that; I consider this a good draw and a good portent for my day; I imagine this “voyage energy” shall dominate the currents for the next several days. I ask the Cosmos to grant us ALL the gift of seeing what strides we have made today. Be Well, Be Zen, Be Blessed!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment